Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

our government.

dj shadow from detroit 7:21 PM - 19 November, 2008
is the most corrupted group of people.

if i knew obama would have wanted to work with mccain.i would of not voted at all.know matter what i feel we are better off without bush.but it does not matter who is president because they are controlled by the men behind the scene.

other countries like to start stuff with us during times like this.when ever we elect another president other countries test us.
we will be attacked again terrorist or a inside job again!

this was in the news today!

Qaeda scorns Obama, urges attacks on United States

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's second-in-command urged Muslims to keep up attacks on the "criminal" United States and criticized U.S. president-elect Barack Obama for promising to back Israel.

The U.S. Homeland Security Department said the message by Ayman al-Zawahri, the first al Qaeda comment on Obama's election, held no indications of an increased threat to the U.S. homeland.

Zawahri also warned Obama of failure should he pursue the policies of President George W. Bush, according to an audio tape posted on Islamist websites on Wednesday.

The Egyptian militant also criticized Obama, born to a Muslim Kenyan father, for what he described as turning his back on his Muslim roots.

Zawahri attacked Obama as a "house slave," contrasting him with 1960s black American Muslim leader Malcolm X.

"You represent the direct opposite of honorable black Americans like ... Malcolm X," Zawahri said on the tape, which included video footage of Malcom X.

"The Muslim nation received with extreme bitterness your hypocritical...stance toward Israel," he said. "You were born to a Muslim father, but you chose to stand with the enemies of Muslims."

An Obama spokeswoman in Washington said the president-elect's office was not planning to comment.

A U.S. counterterrorism official said the message showed that al Qaeda -- which masterminded the Sept 11, 2001, attacks on the United States -- was isolated but still a threat.

"The message...is remarkable chiefly as an additional sign that al-Qaeda is out of touch with so much of the world," the official said.

Homeland Security Department spokeswoman Laura Keehner, asked if the message changed the department's assessment of the threat to the United States, said: "Not that I've seen. We maintain that there's no credible information to suggest there's an imminent threat against the homeland at this time."

During a visit to Israel in July, Obama assured Israel and its U.S. Jewish supporters he was a friend who would not press for peace concessions that would compromise its security.

Hailing Israel as a "miracle," he promised staunch support and held only a low-profile meeting with Palestinian leaders in the occupied West Bank.

The audio recording was accompanied by visuals including a picture of Obama wearing a yarmulke.

"America, the criminal, trespassing crusader, continues to be the same as ever, so we must continue to harm it, in order for it to come to its senses," Zawahri said, addressing Muslims across the world.

"Its criminal, expansionist crusader project in your lands has only been neutralized by the sacrifices of your sons, the mujahideen," he said in an audio recording.

Zawahri urged Islamists fighting U.S. forces and those of the Shi'ite-led Iraqi government to stay the course, saying that U.S.-led forces were being routed.

"The American people, by electing Obama, declared their anxiety and fear about the future toward which the policy of the likes of Bush was leading them, and so they decided to support someone calling for withdrawal from Iraq."

In a similar message to Islamists fighting Ethiopian and government forces in Somalia, Zawahri urged them not to stop.

"America is gathering its wounds in Iraq, and Ethiopia is looking for a way out...don't put down your weapons before the mujahid state of Islam has been set up in Somalia."
DVDjHardy 7:39 PM - 19 November, 2008
Really not worth our time to worry about what Al-Qaeda says. They're terrorists. Their job is scare people who take their words too seriously, and make their own lives miserable over it. I don't buy into these things that appear on the news. It doesn't affect any of my daily activities. I focus on my energy on things I can control...like my homework that's due tonight. lol

Anyways, what does this have to do with a corrupt government?
DJ Sniffles 7:40 PM - 19 November, 2008
Perfect time for me to get that contract with Blackwater.
dj shadow from detroit 9:37 PM - 19 November, 2008
lol. they put things out here to scare the public :) scare tactics!
DJ-A 9:45 PM - 19 November, 2008
I wonder what would have happened (have been said) if McCain would have won...??
Rebelguy 10:09 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
lol. they put things out here to scare the public :) scare tactics!

So you don't think they (Al-Qaeda) mean these threats?

Another possibility is that the government is expecting an attack and this is thrown out there to let people know ahead of time.
john blaze 10:13 PM - 19 November, 2008
all i know is if i ever see bin laden i will slap him upside his head
bourbonstmc 10:20 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
all i know is if i ever see bin laden i will give him head
DJ Sniffles 10:29 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
all i know is if i ever see bin laden i will give him head

Tell us about it bourbon
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:14 PM - 19 November, 2008
i think u mispelled govment as in cheeze
dj shadow from detroit 11:39 PM - 19 November, 2008
that cheese makes a bad grill cheese sandwich. im gonna be honest i was on welfare when i was a kid. but when that cheese came in that box i was a rich kid :)

had to comment on that mike!

but anyways i do believe that our government knows alot and they do try to warn us in a way that wont get us all panicky.
DVDjHardy 12:09 AM - 20 November, 2008
I still got homework to do...I'm asking the Congress to bail me out!
Audio1 12:12 AM - 20 November, 2008
Quote:
Zawahri attacked Obama as a "house slave,"
He actually called Obama the other word... but we wont go there... They on some BS.
Crickett 4:33 PM - 20 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Zawahri attacked Obama as a "house slave,"
He actually called Obama the other word... but we wont go there... They on some BS.

It's translated to House Negro. I was like whuuuut?
That's koo tho. The house negro is rocking the most powerful house on the planet. While them terrorist morons are sleeping in an eddie bauer tent in the mountains.

Damn haters.. There just mad Osama in gonna get his ass kicked by a guy named Obama. LOL
Logisticalstyles 4:36 PM - 20 November, 2008
for real.
Rebelguy 5:34 PM - 20 November, 2008
Quote:
The house negro is rocking the most powerful house on the planet.

Obama is president of China?
Crickett 6:23 PM - 20 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
The house negro is rocking the most powerful house on the planet.

Obama is president of China?

Um, the white house. (No misquote)
Mic Terror 7:52 PM - 20 November, 2008
Yeah The President of Iran Just praised him though. The Arabs over there don't know what to think of Obama.