Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH vs. Serato DJ??? Which is better?

B_Leo250 3:15 AM - 9 August, 2013
What features does Serato DJ have that make it better than ITCH?

I've been using ITCH, and so far I've been solid using it. I don't see what the big hype about Serato DJ is. If it is better someone let me know what's up so I'm not missing out.
RodrigoVolta 6:55 PM - 13 August, 2013
In fact, what Serato is doing with the SDJ is unifying in a single software platform that will support all controllers previously supported by ITCH and DJ Intro for, besides the new models (exactly what VDJ and Traktor is already there.

SDJ has a new user interface (based on SSL) with more information on the screen (too much information, leaving it very polluted) and with many innovations such as the effects based on Izotop libraries.

I have not seen great advantage migrate to SDJ (at least now), because many things need to be improved, especially in supporting older controllers.

In my opinion, they should continue with ITCH and DJ Intro (for the old controllers) and enter the SDJ ONLY for newer controllers. Stop the development of ITCH, and there are many bugs to be fixed, was too radical action, forcing users to migrate pro SDJ, and this is not good.
DvjUpset 8:40 PM - 16 August, 2013
its no good >:c itch was more stable but there is no new version avaible.... the effects and other thinks is still amazing on itch !
DJ EXODUZ 2:16 PM - 20 August, 2013
I love itch. I think serato abandoned itch and concentrated more on SDJ. I prefer it's because it's more stable. If they can add more effects like the wolf and back pack then it will be so great especially for NS6 users. Please Serato don't forget itch users.
DvjUpset 4:58 PM - 20 August, 2013
itch users plz! the back pack is not free... >:c but the wolf pack its great
RodrigoVolta 5:03 PM - 20 August, 2013
SDJ can have all the more advanced features of the world, but I will use it only when it works 100% with my controller and the old bugs are definitely fixed. Otherwise, I prefer the ITCH.
WarpNote 9:17 PM - 20 August, 2013
SDJ has been waaay more stable than Itch for me....
B_Leo250 1:47 AM - 21 August, 2013
I find issues with SDJ that I don't get with ITCH. But SDJ has waaay more than ITCH has to offer, so I'm realizing it's a trade off. I'll just have to force myself to use SDJ and learn it
DJ EXODUZ 2:46 PM - 21 August, 2013
If Itch had continued, SDJ will never be a match for it. Platter controls are accurate, there is a bit of milli-Lag in SDJ. For people having older controllers Itch was less buggy compared to SDJ which they have made more buggy. No doubt it has nice features but it's too buggy IMO. The only thing I feel lacking in itch was FX, if they brought the FX packs to itch, u will understand the difference. But itch is no more..... So sad
DvjUpset 12:33 AM - 22 August, 2013
Serato Dj still have isues! in the vci 380 i have a distortion on the echo effect :l but serato does nothing!
porps 12:29 PM - 22 August, 2013
for me, itch is better because it actually works even if it doesnt have as many features.
Dj Fitty 9:04 PM - 22 August, 2013
used Serato Dj for the first time at my gig, Like it alot better than itch.
for some reason I would get audio skips in Itch
B_Leo250 2:03 AM - 23 August, 2013
Any feedback on Traktor?
pdidy 4:56 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Any feedback on Traktor?

have you tried the traktor forum ?
DvjUpset 1:55 AM - 24 August, 2013
lol
Fuidawg 7:22 PM - 26 August, 2013
Itch has been solid for me for my Numark V7's I don't think I'll be switching to SDJ in time soon, i don't even remember when they are dropping serato dj for the V7s anyways ... why fix it when it aint broken ... Itch it is for me
Dj Slab 6:15 AM - 31 August, 2013
As of late itch has been giving me a lot of problems, so much so that i downloaded SDJ as a emergency backup. Been messing around with it for a few hrs now and no problems with my ns6.
Fuidawg 3:42 PM - 4 September, 2013
7hrs none stop gig over the labor day weekend on Itch 2.2 and my V7's and had no hiccups or drops whatsoever, on day mode too. Does Serato DJ have the night and day mode? I haven't read or heard about it.
DJ CMount 6:12 AM - 6 September, 2013
Post Itch 2.2, I cannot start the program due to out of memory problems inherent to Serato with large song databases. So until Serato DJ fixes this bug & makes it so I can start Serato DJ with my NS7, sticking with Itch.
jonnynoxious 5:33 PM - 13 September, 2013
@Fuidawg,

No, SDJ does not have night & day mode, and only 3 view options (horizontal, extended, library). They really stripped out the interface, in my opinion.

I'm actually going to return my Mixtrack Pro II (look, it was a REALLY minimal investment) and pick up a really, really great deal on a new Xone:DX, knowing full well that they plan absolutely no upgrade path to SDJ for it. I just prefer the Itch interface...

I will say that my buddy's DDJ-SX works nicely with the iZotope effects in SDJ, but if your controller already has iZotope effects (Xone), then it's a non-issue.
jonnynoxious 5:49 PM - 13 September, 2013
I forgot to add that it also has Vertical view. Not my thing, but I guess it's all about preference.
DJ_Gold 12:15 AM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
7hrs none stop gig over the labor day weekend on Itch 2.2 and my V7's and had no hiccups or drops whatsoever, on day mode too. Does Serato DJ have the night and day mode? I haven't read or heard about it.

Day & night mode? Please explain.
pdidy 1:28 AM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Papa Midnight 3:56 PM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yup, that's it; and I would personally like it in Serato DJ.
Fuidawg 5:53 AM - 27 December, 2013
That day and night mode is really nice during the day, lesser reflections and easier to see, though they could do with the color scheme of things. Ive just downloaded Serato DJ for my V7's [took forever for the release to come out so it's in beta still] but Itch has been really good ... I'll post reviews on Serato Dj's on the V7 after testing
clearblu 10:43 AM - 27 December, 2013
I'm still using Itch and can't see a reason to switch yet. But I'm a Twitch user and have to resign myself to the fact Sdj ain't going to be a tight integration like Itch. I do feel halting devolopment is a way of making you switch to a unified platform which makes life easier for the devs. Sdj 1.5.2 is really stable for me but the touchstrip mappings are terrible to mix with.
I'm not bothered about Gui's or effects no matter how good or impressive they are.
I'm only interested in mixing two tracks seamlessly and at the moment Itch is my answer
DvjUpset 1:45 AM - 28 December, 2013
Mmmm the fx i think still better on serato itch, but still in progress sdj ....the true is traktor have better effects aand for free.... so have to wait a betters version of sdj... itch work with some driverss*
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:34 AM - 16 January, 2014
For me sdj took the biggest dump on Glitch!! Way way way more stable than crappy itch! Sdj has some great features! Itch was in my eyes fooking trerrible!

But true not all features from ITCH have made it into SDJ. And with then now making features and things work the same way across all controllers some things/controlls have changed on ITCH controllers. So this may take some getting used to.

But for sure if a feature you used in itch is not in SDJ then you will like ITCH more.

How anyone with ears can say fxs are better in itch than sdj i have no idea!!! ITCH fxs were shite sounding now you have izotope fxs in sdj and izotope do add on packs so you can expand on your fxs.

But remeber if you really do bump into bugs/issues with SDJ the. Report them! Thats only way to getting them sorted.

1.6BETA is out at the moment so is prob worth you all trying again and seeing how you get on then if you run into issues report them in the BETA area! You might just then get your issues sorted.

Link to the 1.6BETA --> serato.com
Have fun and good luck in what ever platform you stick with!
heysa 2:52 PM - 13 February, 2015
Yes .. Bugreporting !! The only way to get a software product stable ;)
DJdaveZ 1:58 AM - 5 June, 2015
since DJ came out, i've stayed with itch... i can't wrap my head around the CUE and LOOP functions in DJ... with the VCI-300 MK1 still... i just got used to how to do it originally and i wish i could do it the same way in DJ, because I'd really love to use some of the new stuff... it just seems crazy to me that you can't make loops and save them the same way you can with itch...

anyone in the same boat or found a way to adapt logically?