DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

First corporate gig

DJ. L.A. Styles 5:43 AM - 19 November, 2008
Hello everyone i usally read this board everyday fu%k i got to admit i'm addited, i must say i have learn alot on here, i'm fairly new in the dj bis.. and got my first corporate christmas gig, i have done 2 wedding before but never corporate party can someone please give me some tip's i'm ok on what to play at dinner but for the party i want to make sure i do a good job it's a diverse crowed hopeful if i pull this of good i can lock it up for next year any idea felleas thank in advance.
DJ. L.A. Styles 5:44 AM - 19 November, 2008
sorry for the type o
sixxx 2:43 PM - 19 November, 2008
Wait... I think I just answered this....
DJiceberg 3:34 PM - 19 November, 2008
80s, 90s and top40
sixxx 3:36 PM - 19 November, 2008
If you have a hard time reading the crowd, as yourself, "What would Tony Little Do?"
sixxx 3:36 PM - 19 November, 2008
Oh, and whatever answer you come up with, go the opposite.
Kruz 3:38 PM - 19 November, 2008
I did a corporate xmaz party last year and was hired on the spot for this year...(it was also my first time doing corporate).
Easiest thing to do is to ask for a playlist of the music they would like to party to including ethnic music.

I also went out to a party store and spent about $50-$60 in little things like like xmaz hats,glow sticks,xmaz mugs filled with candies. and whatever i thought it would make the night memorable for this client.

They gave me their music preference and we rocked all nite.

Dont forget that you might also have people that may be retiring so bring some oldies as well.

Corporate parties pay very well so spending a few dollars to make it better won't hurt and may help secure your next xmaz gig.
sixxx 3:40 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
Dont forget that you might also have people that may be retiring so bring some caskets as well.

I don't think that would make a good impression.
latindj 4:40 PM - 19 November, 2008
lol...see other post...
Rebelguy 5:05 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Dont forget that you might also have people that may be retiring so bring some caskets as well.

I think it would bring new meaning to killing the dancefloor.
Kruz 6:24 PM - 19 November, 2008
LOL @ sixxx and Rebelguy.
You're too funny boys.
DJ-A 7:44 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it would bring new meaning to killing the dancefloor.

also new meaning to "Dude you totally killed it"
djbigboy 9:37 PM - 19 November, 2008
Just have a wide variety of music. Most parties start with everyone there and as the night moves along, the crowd gets younger so you can adjust as the night progresses. Personally, i start wide on the music selection (everything) and then play music that the person that hired you requested (usually a younger person). You kinda have to switch genre's a lot to keep everyone happy. The occasional mashup works well to switch genres too...
DJ. L.A. Styles 1:46 AM - 20 November, 2008
djbigboy thank i will keep that in mind