Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

External Drive or File

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Doughmii 9:21 AM - 5 August, 2013
So I have a external G-Drive (Format MS-DOT FAT) bought from an Apple store located in my state. I've fixed my problem with 'copying' over my entire Music Folder to the G-Drive which took about 30min or so. After that was done, I plugged the G-Drive into the DJs laptop, there for opening SSL. Thus after going to 'Files'>G-Drive>MusicFolder dragging the entire folder into the side bar.

The problem is that it doesn't show my BPM, Artist etc. as it was on my laptop. I also forgot to mention that I 'copied' over my Serato & Serato Backup, thinking that I would have my cue points uploaded on to the DJs laptop as it was on mines.
teemac111 10:29 AM - 5 August, 2013
Did u click up top to enable the columns?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:25 PM - 5 August, 2013
Yes, did you click to reveal the BPM Column? Or is the BPM Column there, but its empty?
Doughmii 6:40 AM - 6 August, 2013
All columns have been enabled. It shows the artist-song together without its bpm. But songs that I purchased through DJ Pool websites are properly uploaded correct (Cue points etc.)

As for other music files, it would have the Artist & Song name together under the 'Song Column,' also without showing the BPM or Cue Points I had on my laptop.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:12 PM - 6 August, 2013
Im not sure how you moved the Library or what exact steps you took, but you may want to start over following the specific instructions found here: serato.com

You will get better results following the proper instructions.
Doughmii 5:47 AM - 8 August, 2013
1) Plugged G-Drive into MacBook09, then opened SSL with the softwares usb disconnected

2) Clicked on 'Files', went to the main source to where all my (Music, Serato, and Serato_Backup) were stored. Then I dragged those 3 'Folder(s)' on to the G-Drive. (Waited 25-30min due to, too many songs in just that one folder to finish copying to my G-Drive).

3) Once the 'Copying' process is finished, I then ejected my G-Drive.

4) Plugged my G-Drive into a friends MacBook Pro

5) Opened up the SSL in his MacBook Pro with the USB disconnected.

6) Went to 'Files' once again, clicked my G-Drive which showed up, then Dragged all 3 folders (Music, Serato, and Serato_Backup) into his sidebar where it shows all his crates and what not listed on his MacBook Pro.

7) I let the Folder's go through, and upload. (5-10min)

8) It later shows that about 90% of all my songs in my 'Music' folder doesn't show the cuepoint's, BPM, and how I had my other columns to be.

9) Only file's that would properly appear (CuePoint's, BPM, Artist under the right column etc.) on my laptop when I would open up SSL, are the music files from DJ Pool websites.

I tried other process's like that one you have linked me, and have done what my local DJ store has told me that supports Serato. But it seems to still not work. If it seems complicated, I might make a video or take computer screen shot for my process.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:30 PM - 8 August, 2013
These steps are completely wrong.

Quote:
2) Clicked on 'Files', went to the main source to where all my (Music, Serato, and Serato_Backup) were stored. Then I dragged those 3 'Folder(s)' on to the G-Drive. (Waited 25-30min due to, too many songs in just that one folder to finish copying to my G-Drive).

Quote:
6) Went to 'Files' once again, clicked my G-Drive which showed up, then Dragged all 3 folders (Music, Serato, and Serato_Backup) into his sidebar where it shows all his crates and what not listed on his MacBook Pro.

You need to start over and do exactly what is mentioned here: serato.com

That will copy all of your Crate info to the External HD. That External HD will show your Crates every time you connect it to another Computer.

To Copy all of the info from the External HD to another Computer - you would follow the steps here: serato.com

**These steps always work when done correctly. The articles are well written. It should work for you as it does for everyone else.
Doughmii 10:18 AM - 11 August, 2013
So apparently I've tried what was told by my local DJ store in Hawaii, and also did other researches to my problem, from there I came across SeratoTutor's channel on youtube.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Same exact way my local DJ store told me. But then again, I followed the Serato supports Internal>External, and I did the whole follow up.
It's just when I plug my external into any computer, I then drag my (Music Folder) with all my songs into the sidebar (It forms a Crate for it). Waiting for it to load all 3k-4k something song files... after it has finished I do the whole (Relocating, and Rescanning), I scroll down into that Crate and most song files are still not uploaded to how it was on my original laptop.

I'm guessing I might have to fix these song files one by one or it's probably a technical issue with my G-Drive, or my MacBook 09' that I had to fix a ton of files to organize it.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:42 PM - 12 August, 2013
Loops and Cues are stored in the song itself, some files may have Metadata attached. What would be WAV, Video and maybe even AIF files.

SO technically everything should be there. Not sure whats going on with those files that arent following suit. Maybe they have Metadata info - if so, you would need to also bring over the Metadata folder to the external HD.

Following the instructions in the Article should accomplish all of this for you though.
1:57 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.