DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Day Before Thanksgiving

DJ-A 5:43 PM - 18 November, 2008
How big are your nights for the day before Thanksgiving? Fucker @ my residency forgot that I DJ wednesday nights, and wasnt smart enough to realize that the 26th is a Wednesday...
DPR250R 5:45 PM - 18 November, 2008
Biggest party night of the year...
DJ'Que 5:59 PM - 18 November, 2008
Pretty big cuz most ppl family come in and wants to party so it gets really crowed got offered to dj at another club but the fucker is to cheap to pay a real dj instead he keeps the sorry one and he's loseing his crowed fast
DJ-A 6:05 PM - 18 November, 2008
yeah... i'm pretty pissed...
djbigboy 7:39 PM - 18 November, 2008
its a big night depending on the venue...not everyone venue can pull it off, but if they make it special (book special talent/dj/appearance) or already have a decent wed, it will be huge
djchrischip 12:33 AM - 19 November, 2008
i just got screwed for thanksgiving eve this year. I am so pissed!!!
djransom 8:57 PM - 19 November, 2008
I'm good for the Wed-Sat nite that week doing parties. I did one last year and it was crazy.
DPR250R 9:25 PM - 19 November, 2008
The club I played last year was the biggest crowd I ever played in front of... was a good time.

A buddy bought a bar that I want to help get going so I am going to do that this year. It is a decent size but not real "dance" friendly. Think it is going to be a lot of Jersey cheez rock songs all night.

I think (hope) any place (round here anyway) that serves booz will be jammed up Thanksgiving Eve.
Bigfourty4 9:28 PM - 19 November, 2008
DPR---where is this at?
DJ CISCO 5:00 PM - 20 November, 2008
Its bigger then New Years here in Chicago.
Every place, bar, club is packed.
Usually the night where you have the most fun spinning!
BIGGEST PARTY NIGHT OF THE YEAR!!
DPR250R 7:56 PM - 20 November, 2008
Quote:
DPR---where is this at?

Hey man... Hasbrouck Hieghts.. "The Clover"... right now its like a "VFW" bar.... if you catch my drift... he has a lot of work ahead of him...

Are you going to be spinning the Bourban St? that place should be a ZOO!!!!
djransom 8:48 PM - 20 November, 2008
Quote:
Its bigger then New Years here in Chicago.
Every place, bar, club is packed.
Usually the night where you have the most fun spinning!
BIGGEST PARTY NIGHT OF THE YEAR!!

Definitely. I've gotten so emails about parties both the day before and on Thanksgiving nite here in the Chi.
jayfunk 11:13 PM - 20 November, 2008
Cisco - Ransom -

where ya'll at weds? im at Zentra and 720 for the kiss fm party. wana know what are options for others to check out. ill send them your way if you like.
DjWoody 11:20 PM - 20 November, 2008
Doing two parties the day before Thanksgiving. One is an EDM party and the other is the Thanksgiving party at my Sat residency.

djwoody.com
DJ CISCO 4:29 AM - 21 November, 2008
Jay I'll actually be at 720 for black wednesday. might do a spot at Sangria too. Not sure yet.. Ill find out more details this weekend..
djransom 7:45 PM - 21 November, 2008
Quote:
Cisco - Ransom -

where ya'll at weds? im at Zentra and 720 for the kiss fm party. wana know what are options for others to check out. ill send them your way if you like.

I'll be @ Tabu. I think this other cat I know suppose to do a party @ either the Columbus(the old hidden lounge) or the NBC Towers. Also, I got text last nite about another spot I'm on, but I didn't ask about the place. Should be an interesting nite.
jayfunk 10:46 PM - 21 November, 2008
werd werd. thanks fellas. Cis - im supposed to take over at 11p for Pumps. he has to take off for another gig so he is on from 9-11 and i take over from 11-1a. then off to zentra for a video set.