Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

sample loops only play the whole song

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
N01mower 4:22 AM - 2 August, 2013
I would like to have part of a song as a loop. In the player I set up my loop using the controller Autoloop. I then stop the song and drag the song from the player to the sampler.
I can see the markers in the song but it is playing the whole song

how do i make it so I can grab and play part of a song.

also when i hit the sample button on my controller my two lasp buttons do not lite up. like i see on the youtube videos.
thanks
John
Serato, Support
Karl Y 3:20 PM - 12 August, 2013
Hi N01mower,

simple,

drag and drop the playing loop from a deck to a sample slot and it should continue playing that loop inside the sample slot.

Let me know if that works for you :-)

Cheers

Karl Y
Serato, Support
Karl Y 3:21 PM - 12 August, 2013
Sorry i forgot to answer this:
Quote:
my two lasp buttons do not lite up

what do you mean by saying "lasp" buttons ?

Cheers
N01mower 10:30 PM - 13 August, 2013
When i watch you tube videos and people hit the sample button the last two buttons on the pads light up. Mine dont
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:38 AM - 14 August, 2013
This has been changed in Serato DJ 1.1.

Those last two buttons on either deck were used for direct access to banks A B / C D respectively in Serato DJ 1.0

But it was not user friendly because you could hit them accidentally quite easy and thus perform an unwanted bank switch, which would result in stopping all currently playing samples. The current way to switch banks is by using the parameter buttons.

So it is normal behavior that the last two pads don't light up in other versions than Serato DJ 1.0

:-)
3:28 AM, 16 Aug 2013
N01mower attached a file: IMG_1702 (2).MOV
Download· Permalink
N01mower 3:30 AM - 16 August, 2013
Thanks for the info on the sample button

when I drag the playing click into the sample it does not start were my loop is.
I have tried it from the controller and from the mouse in the software.
I have tried to use all the sample play modes and they don't seem to make a difference.
thanks
John
Serato, Support
Karl Y 6:52 AM - 16 August, 2013
Hi N01mower

do you have "Instant Doubles" enabled?
It's a checkbox in the playback tab of the setup screen.
10:52 PM, 16 Aug 2013
N01mower attached a file: IMG_1707.MOV
Download· Permalink
10:55 PM, 16 Aug 2013
N01mower attached a file: IMG_1707.MOV
Download· Permalink
N01mower 10:56 PM - 16 August, 2013
you are the man Instant Doubles made it work.

got another question same topic. I am trying to set up the samples and I want this to say
my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun.
the sample won't allow me to add the hun. it cuts that off, I am not sure how to add just the little bit in my loop.
thanks
John

sorry could not remove second attachment.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:30 AM - 19 August, 2013
Hi N01mower

are you able to play that loop on a deck, including the last word?
where did the sample come from?

If you have cut it out of a longer audio file, it may be missing some audio frames at the end, so maybe try re-doing it but add a bit of silence after the last word.

Cheers

Karl Y
N01mower 3:13 AM - 21 August, 2013
how do I move the loop part over just a little bit not a full measure? I just want the next word not the whole 4 count.

back to sampling. i upgraded to the newer version and now all my samples are back to whole songs. not just the samples i created. instant doubles is still checked.

thanks
john
BOOGIEFROMCUR 3:45 AM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:

are you able to play that loop on a deck, including the last word?
where did the sample come from?

If you have cut it out of a longer audio file, it may be missing some audio frames at the end, so maybe try re-doing it but add a bit of silence after the last word.

Cheers

Karl Y

@ Karll Y That song is called "baby got back" from sir mix a lot

@ Yooo No1mower... just wandering..why don't you "prepare" your loops and samples in SONY Soundforge or ACID and make a separate folder (crate) for just things like that. Believe me bro that works much better than trying to cut of stuff "live".Theres also a remix service that I wont advertise for that specializes in accapellas, loops and drops, check them out on google.
N01mower 3:54 AM - 21 August, 2013
is it barbangerz?
or can you not say?
N01mower 4:58 AM - 21 August, 2013
there are so many places out there which one do you recommend?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:47 PM - 27 August, 2013
Hi N01mower

i assume you used the auto loop function to set the loop?

Could you try adjusting the loop-out point with the manual looping controls?
To do so, press the [OUT] button on your controller, then move the platter to move the out point, then press the [OUT] button again and the loop will be longer/ shorter.

Quote:
or can you not say?
We don't allow advertising on our forums. ;-)

Cheers

Karl Y
N01mower 2:06 PM - 27 August, 2013
I will try the manual option I think that is what I was looking for.

also I keep deleting a crate from a wedding i did using the command delete and I have tried the control delete. it removes the folder for the current session. when I restart the app the folder is back. i have a mac book pro with external hard drive.

the new folders that I create show up every time. It is not permanitly deleting the folders I am trying to remove.
thanks
john
N01mower 2:07 PM - 27 August, 2013
protect library is not checked.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:22 PM - 29 August, 2013
Hi John,

can you try deleting that crate when your external hard drive is not connected?

Cheers
12:28 AM, 30 Aug 2013
N01mower attached a file: Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 5.27.25 PM.png
View· Permalink
N01mower 12:31 AM - 30 August, 2013
when i don't have the external drive it does not show up. when i plug in the external drive the crate shows up. i also sent you a screen shot of the permisions on the drive my user is jley.

I have a wedding on saturday and would like to figure this out. I am also noticing that my ques are not saving on the music files.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:30 PM - 30 August, 2013
Hi N01mower,

can you try, Serato DJ not opened, to navigate with Finder to your /_Serato_/Subcrates/
folder on your external hard drive and remove the corresponding .crate file there?

Cheers

Karl Y
Djadvisor 3:47 AM - 31 August, 2013
That seemed to work

The cue points dont seem to be saving
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:43 AM - 2 September, 2013
Hi Djadvisor

Quote:
The cue points dont seem to be saving

If the cue points don't save it's usually that Serato DJ has no write-permission on the audio files.

Can you please create your own help request and we'll try to help you there :-)

Thanks

Karl Y
7:02 AM, 17 Sep 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.