DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Kontrol X1 Midi Output Lights

DJNeilG 6:45 PM - 30 July, 2013
Hi
I've read the items here and watched Konix video on Midi Output lights (Konix you're a star for all your Vids) but I'm a little confused.

I'm on windows so d/l notepadd++ to edit my midi file, but there are no output lines there at all. Am I supposed to manually add the lines or is this because my Kontrol X1 is currently set to Control Change and therefore hasn't written any output lines?

As a newbie on Midi file editing I don't want to screw up my midi which I use for DJing 3 or 4 nights a week without knowing i can easily get it back working.

Any help gratefully recieved
Xfade 6:55 PM - 30 July, 2013
First of all, if you don't want to mess it up, make a backup ;)

Second, I think you need to add at least one output from inside Scratch Live to make them appear :) After that, go crazy on it! :D
Konix 7:06 PM - 30 July, 2013
Quote:
or is this because my Kontrol X1 is currently set to Control Change and therefore hasn't written any output lines?

Yes, you first need to go into the X1's Control Editor and change ALL the buttons to Note and not Control Change.
DJNeilG 7:58 PM - 30 July, 2013
Hi.. OK Konix I tried this and have got output values, thanks....

another issue tho, now as i press the midi buttonon my X1 it moves in scrach live as it should, but i'm also getting "Piano" type notes coming from my computer. Is this normal?

I've tried deleting the value in the note box and writting to '0' but theres still Audio coming out...

The note box is reading different values like A0 & C#1

I could mute the speakers of course but i'd rather stop it happening.

Any Ideas?
938MyDJ 6:30 AM - 3 August, 2013
Only thing I could think of is a midi-test or a built-in midi-synth is on.
nikodb 5:24 AM - 5 August, 2013
I also had piano notes coming out of my hacked for OUT vci 380 XML... :D ... Will be tracking your thread & Will Prefer to gig without them :)