Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

VCI-300 does NOT work with the NEW MacBook PRO!!!

Dj Robin 3:50 PM - 14 November, 2008
Hello,

I use a new MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz with VCI-300 and ITCH.

The problem is that I can load a track, but the time is displayed 00.00.0, there´s no big waveform shown (the little one is) and I can´t do anything with the VCI-300. The lights on the VCI work.
This is in all versions of connection (switch thru-PC later, first start program or vice versa, USB-ports, using a seperate power adapter, aso.)

The same constellation worked, but was not reliably, with my iBook G4 1.42 GHz there was a heavy performance problem. That was the reason to buy the new MacBook Pro.
The same VCI-300 worked without problems with a friends normal white MacBook. Both versions of software.
After one week of waiting for response, today the general importer for Germany told me they cannot help me.

Can you please help me?
Am I doing something wrong?
Is there anybody working fine with a new MacBook Pro and the VCI-300 with ITCH?

Thanks a lot!!

Robin
thana 8:11 PM - 14 November, 2008
I think I am also in the same boat as you are Robin. I have a the aluminum macbook and nothing happens when I press play and the large waveform doesn't show up at all (I can see the small one). Please some one help!

thana
thana 8:41 PM - 14 November, 2008
Robin, check out the sticky and download 1.04 beta, works!
DJ SKRILLA GORILLA 11:40 PM - 14 November, 2008
ALRIGHT I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND FREAKIN OUT BIG TIME, THIS COULD POSSIBLY BE A LOT OF MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN. IF SOMEONE KNOWS A SOLUTION PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
RiddimE 5:27 AM - 15 November, 2008
Quote:
Hi everybody, we're pleased to present Public Beta 2 of ITCH 1.0.4 for pre-release testing. This build contains fixes and performance improvements in addition to the features, fixes and enhancements made in Public Beta 1.

If you haven't seen the change notes for Public Beta 1 please check them out here to avoid being taken by surprise by anything new: www.serato.com

Please make sure you are familiar with the Conditions of Use for the Public Beta area, and remember to back up your library before using this pre-release software.

Changes for 1.0.4 Public Beta 2 (10421):

- Added workaround for the VCI-300 audio device name changing in OS X with Generation 5 Macbook and Macbook Pro (Aluminium Unibody model).

- Fixed a problem where the Reverse function would only stay on while the button was pressed.

- Fixed a bug where an M4A file would show a garbage BPM when loaded to a deck on a PowerPC-based Mac.

- Fixed a bug where the Instant Doubles keyboard shortcut didn't work when "instant double on track load" was off in the setup screen.

- Added workaround for performance decrease in FAT32 file access on Mac OS X 10.5.3 onwards. Track load/tag rescan times from a FAT32 drive should now be on par with 10.5.2.

- Improved the fader smoothing on upfaders and crossfader.

- Added a gain knob to the recording widget.

- Improved priority of the Offline Player in Windows to address "stuttering on track load" on some machines.

- Fixed a problem that could cause 3x playback speed in the Offline Player on Windows Vista.

- Optimized mix engine for a slight improvement in CPU usage.

- Decreased Mic/Aux latency in the mix. Also improves overall latency.

- Changed the time scale of the buffer size slider to milliseconds (approximate).

- You can no longer select a buffer size of 1 with the VCI300 on Windows. This is due to a limitation of the OS audio streaming that makes this setting unreliable.

- Made the USB dropout indicator more accurate on Windows.

- Added a "CPU time" warning indicator to the setup screen. This indicator appears if the time taken to prepare a block of audio for output gets too close to time the next block should be started. This can be an indication that ITCH isn't getting the CPU resources it needs.

- Updated iTunes icons to be blue.

Running more than one version of ITCH:
If you use the same computer you use at gigs with this Public Beta version, we strongly recommend you keep a known stable version of ITCH on your computer to use at gigs.

Installing this Public Beta version will by default overwrite any previous version you had installed, however it is easy to have more than one version of ITCH installed if you wish.

Here's how to do it:

PC Users - before installing, find the ITCH executable (by default it is in C:\Program files\Serato\ITCH, and rename it - for example call it ITCH 1.0.3.exe. When you install the new version, the old executable will not be deleted, and you can choose which you want to run by going into that folder and double clicking on the executable. You can still do this if you have already installed the 1.0.4 Public Beta - just rename the executable to ITCH 1.0.4 Public Beta.exe, and then reinstall the version you were previously running.

Mac users - before installing, rename the existing application file as above (like "ITCH 1.0.3") - you have to be admin to rename it. (If you aren't admin, you can copy it to another location, and then rename it.) Even though the Public Beta version is already named to indicate which version it is, you need to change the name to stop it being overwritten by the next version you install, for example by changing "Public_Beta_2" to "PB2".

Backing up your data:
Before you make any changes to your ITCH setup, including installing a new version, as a general rule we highly recommend that you backup your data and your music files, especially with a BETA VERSION. The easiest way to backup your data is to simply copy your Library ("ScratchLIVE") folder to another location on the drive:
- For the drive that contains "My Documents" (or your Home drive on Mac), just copy the "ScratchLIVE" folder which is in "My Documents\My Music\" to another location on this drive. Alternatively make a copy of the folder where it already is and rename it by adding the date to the folder name so you know what's in the backup.
- To back up the database and crates from an external drive, copy the "_ScratchLIVE_" folder (which is in the root of the drive) into another folder on the same drive.
Try this!

Downloads:

Remember, this is a pre-release software version, so use it at your own risk!

Mac OS X: serato.com
Windows XP and Vista: serato.com