Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Poof

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ-A 7:10 PM - 13 November, 2008
I have a MBP 2.4 ghz 2gb ram (current updates with mac OS)
SSL 18221

Last night i went from playing one song to another (not corrupted, 2 songs i've used a million times) and POOF! everything stopped, the waveforms went blank and the play counter went to 0:00:00, but the song names stayed in the title box

the pinwheel came up and it just sat there for like 5 minutes. I couldnt do a force quit or anything. i ended up holding the power button to shut off and restart
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:29 PM - 13 November, 2008
Have you built overviews for EVERY file in your library and have you gotten rid of ALL corrupt files in your library?

Know that even corrupt files you never play can cause SSL to crash.

Its imperative that you delete any corrupt files in your library.

Rescan your id3 tags.
Once its done click the build overviews tab to build overviews for any files that might have gotten missed.

Once done.. look through your library and delete ANY corrupt files.
DJ-A 7:33 PM - 13 November, 2008
corrupt files are actually another thing that have me worried... I have files that are of sets that i recorded with my 57 that are coming up corrupt now...

I have build overviews for, I will rescan though and tell you what the result is.

So from what you said even a corrupt file that is not loaded can still effect playback?
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:48 PM - 13 November, 2008
Quote:
So from what you said even a corrupt file that is not loaded can still effect playback?

Absolutely... I'm sure your SSL crashed because of this.
1:06 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.