Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Anyone experiencing VCI 300 not connecting when turning on?

DJ MacJam 6:18 PM - 13 November, 2008
Sup ya'll! My VCI 300 is not being recognized when I turn it on when I open ITCH. It will work after flicking the on and off switch in the back more than a few times. Does everyone's work right when you turn the switch on? Just to clarify, I turn on my MBP, open ITCH, wait until it's loaded, then I turn on VCI 300. Am I missing something here? I just want to make sure before I go to Apple.
Deejay Dumb Bii 7:04 PM - 13 November, 2008
Try the rest of the other USB ports, and what version MBP you got? the newest or the model before?
Serato
Pene 8:18 PM - 13 November, 2008
Also, try connecting the VCI300 then waiting a little while before starting ITCH. Let us know if that helps.
DJ MacJam 1:21 AM - 14 November, 2008
I've tried the other usb port, same thing. I got my MBP last year this time. I've had no problems with other usb devices.
Deejay Dumb Bii 7:04 AM - 15 November, 2008
I guess try using an AC adapter now. How I found my own ac adapter to use with the VCI-300 was using the AC adapter from my M audio Trigger finger which came with it when i bought it on ebay. Same 9v with 500mA as the VCI-300 unit requires.
or You can try turning on the VCI-300 first (and make sure the platter blue lights come on and the middle channel levels green leds are on, Then load itch.
If all else still doesn't work out for you, can you try a different usb cable? you can grab one from a printer/scanner which uses usb cable, or your external hd. I prefer belkin brand cables.