Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

no sound out from my N4

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark N4
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
bombshelboy 5:55 AM - 21 July, 2013
Everything seems ok, it switches from "No compatible hardware connected" to showing the decks. When I go to play music however my DB meters don't move, and no sound can be heard. My N4 works just fine in VDJ so I know it isn't that...my only thoughts are maybe Serato is picking up the other sound devices on my PC instead of using the N4 or Asio4All? If I had a way to set it it would help alot, but alas I don't. I do really want this to work as I was already playing with mapping my beatgrid to my Launchpad...its awesome.

If you need any other info let me know. I've updated all the drivers I can and Asio4All.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:24 AM - 25 July, 2013
Hey Bombshelboy,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Quote:
my only thoughts are maybe Serato is picking up the other sound devices on my PC instead of using the N4 or Asio4All?

I think you are correct. Check the following settings,

1. Connect your N4 controller.
2. Click the WINDOWS start button and search "SOUND"
3. Open the Sound Preference window.
4. Navigate to the PLAYBACK tab.
5. Make sure you have your LAPTOP/SPEAKERS set as the DEFAULT PLAYBACK DEVICE.
-- Is you see the N4 in there or any other device. Remove it as the default.
6. Launch Serato DJ.

Does audio now playback correctly?
Let me know how you get on :)

Thanks.
bombshelboy 5:20 AM - 27 July, 2013
No good...it was set as the default device, but upon switching it there was still no audio.

Another thing I noticed, the DB meters in the upper right corner aren't pulsing, but the track's DB meter is, I dunno if that helps at all
bombshelboy 6:56 PM - 27 July, 2013
It also really bugs me that my trial is almost expired and I haven't even gotten to try Serato DJ at all
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:21 PM - 28 July, 2013
Hey Bombshelboy,

I have sent you a private message. Please check your messages and get back to me.

bombshelboy 6:51 PM - 29 July, 2013
Well...I uninstalled the trial and removed the invasive files that store in my app data folder and now it won't even let me continue my trial to see if it was an error with the install.

Case and point: I've been proven that Serato is inferior software so I'll just use something else that actually works
bombshelboy 8:49 PM - 29 July, 2013
In fact, just to make a point of it, the Traktor demo works perfect, and so does the VDJ LE that came with my board.

The fact that you guys can't tell me what might be interfering with it and have to Remote View my PC to try to fix it says a lot about your knowledge of your software.

As a final note, I signed up for an email to let me know when my device was compatible with Serato, and never received it. I was browsing the net and found it because again, you can't write software...even a simple script to make an email send.
bombshelboy 8:49 PM - 29 July, 2013
OH ONE OTHER THING. DJ Intro didn't have this problem either
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:15 AM - 31 July, 2013
Hey Bombshelboy,

Thanks for getting back to me,

Sorry you feel this way, this is a strange issue...
I did send you a private message to arrange a phone call?
Im pretty confident I would have been able to resolve your issues if you were keen to arrange a phone call team viewer session.

I will close this thread now, if you decide you want to give it one last go, please get back to my private message and we can arrange a phone call sessions to work through this.