Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Delete older forum entries

Robert Tompkins 2:36 PM - 13 November, 2008
I think Serato should delete a lot of the older forum entries such as Info and downloads for older versions..I doubt anyone is using 1.1 through 1.6 anymore and beta info is pretty much outdated. Older resolved issues could go also go. It takes a long time to load pages and I think it's due to all of these outdated pages. This should speed up the forum. If you don't want to delete the older pages perahps a new seperate page just for older info so that the newer stuff is on the regular forum and faster to search and use. Thanks
Serato
dave 8:10 PM - 13 November, 2008
Hey Robert, we're constantly looking at speeding up the forum. Is it running slow for you at the moment?
Robert Tompkins 3:44 PM - 14 November, 2008
Dave, It has been getting slower over the last 2 years...that's why I think it's the size of the info that's the cause. And why not get rid of older outdated posts?
Serato
dave 8:36 PM - 16 November, 2008
Are you looking at the forum on ScratchLive.net or Serato.com?

The problem is more related to the number of users than the number of posts, and I don't think deleting old users would be the best solution :)
nik39 10:28 AM - 17 November, 2008
Quote:
I don't think deleting old users would be the best solution

... haha, you are just saying this because you're scared since your user number is 8 ;)
Robert Tompkins 11:54 PM - 18 November, 2008
Nik.......Old posts..........not old users (that would be me) LOL
nik39 10:27 AM - 19 November, 2008
Ah, you mean old users in terms of age... :)

That's cruel!
p bacon 7:57 PM - 20 May, 2019
+1
Dj Shamann 1:51 AM - 24 May, 2019
It's kind of funny seeing this thread considering what I'm about to say.

The forum is so clogged with old useless threads that have somehow shown up in Google's algorithm, which are then bumped without the bumper even looking at the date (I say it's funny because) this thread itself was bumped after 11 years with nothing useful added to the conversation.

Maybe there should be an expiry date on old threads (say after 2 years of no activity) where they're deleted.

In the age of social media where fewer people are going to message boards, you want to keep your forums useful and relevant. I've seen threads of people looking for help getting pushed out of existence in favor of 10-year bumps of an old pointless thread that either re-ignites an old argument or creates a new one (and on goes the cycle).
Horstar 3:33 PM - 29 November, 2022
Many of us have to deal with writing various texts and getting ready for various works, but I understand that this does not always leave you with time to do other things. That's why I choose studentshare.org since it enables me to free up my time and provide it to professionals who can swiftly and effectively complete my request. I advise you to look at this if you are like me.