DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane Sixty One questions..

Marskeet 7:44 AM - 19 July, 2013
..finally thinking about upgrading my mixer and was hoping to get feedback from other users - and am torn between picking up a Sixty One or saving a little bit longer and holding out for a Sixty Two. I have been fortunate enough to get to test the following Rane mixers: Empath, 56S, and the 57SL - and was wondering how the Sixty One holds up in comparison to the build quality on those mixers. Please take some time to help me come to a decision on purchasing my first Rane by answering the following questions..

1. Are you happy with your Sixty One?

2. Do you regret not saving a little more to pick up a Sixty Two?

3. Do the effects work the same way as they do with the 57SL?

..i guess what im really wondering is whether I will be able to use the same effects that are available with the 57SL.. things like the post fader echo and hold echo. im also wondering if i have the same menu or something similar to tune those effects or if i am limited to the same stock internal effects that i have with with my SL1 or SL3..

4. If there is anything that youre disappointed with about the Sixty One - what is it?

otherwise, thanks for your input.. anxiously awaiting your help in making my decision on my first Rane mixer!
Xfade 2:17 PM - 19 July, 2013
1. Yes I am, very much so :)

2. Nope, the extra features of the Sixty Two are meaningless to me :)

3. I never used the 57, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same... In the Sixty One you have the internal effects of Scratch Live routed to the mixer, so you get Post fader effects.

4. Not a thing :)
Johnnynights 1:28 AM - 23 July, 2013
1.Yes i am very happy it has never given me problems.

2.To be honest i wanted the sixty two but since i use some denons sc3900 i dont need the extra buttons cue points,loops etc,since i mapped them.

3.I used a 57 before they are pretty similiar but only that the sixty one has the internal effects and post fader like Xfade said,i mapped the flex fx buttons(blue buttons on each channel so when i press it activates the effect on scratchlive and it works very well.

4.The only thing i would say would be that the mixer does not have xlr connections on the back but everything else is perfect =).