DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

needing midi preset mapping/lightning for akai apc 40?

djmikec22 7:19 PM - 15 July, 2013
I learned today of the new MIDI Output Lightning Serato is offering.

"Scratch Live MIDI Output Lighting
Own a MIDI controller and want to make the LEDs light up when using Scratch Live? It’s as easy as MIDI mapping the controls like you normally would - except now the buttons will light up! Handy for when you’re trying to trigger cue points in a dark night club. To get you started we’ve teamed up with our hardware partners to provide you with a bunch of MIDI presets."

Unfortunately, I did not see Akai APC 40 on the list for the download? Is/will Serato working with Akai for mapping/lightning on this device? It would be nice just to have the lights light up! Thanks in advanced. Michael Cesaro
5:24 PM, 16 Jul 2013
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
Smirk 2:17 AM - 12 July, 2014
Good luck. I have been crying about this since I bought my DDJsx and switched from Traktor to Serato dj. I need mapping for akai Apc40, and novation launchpad aswell. The mappings for DDJsx and traktor have improved. I may switch back because I feel they are only catering to the brands and partnerships. Djs should be able to add components without losing important features like lights! Get it together guys.
Code:E 8:12 PM - 12 July, 2014
What would you want to map those controllers todo? An APC40 and lunch pad are not exactly (or at all) built for Serato. It all depends on what you want the APC40 todo. Try making your own mapping for it. Its not hard. Case the controls you want, will not be the same that I want.
Smirk 9:49 PM - 12 July, 2014
For monitoring record levels and in software gain that isn't accessible on DDJsx. Record button, and whatever isn't accessible without a button combination. Lights are essential in the dark. Thanks for feedback.

Mike
Code:E 3:54 AM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:
For monitoring record levels

no clue what you mean there.

Quote:
n software gain that isn't accessible on DDJsx. Record button, and whatever isn't accessible without a button combination.

But sure all of these can be mapped. just click midi and then the control you want, and turn the control you want mapped to that parameter.
WarpNote 12:10 PM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
For monitoring record levels

no clue what you mean there.

Assume he wants to run an apc fader for recording level control?
illmindset 5:58 AM - 6 February, 2015
I think he wants a UV meter. Its definitely a cool stage look and if not using the APC for anything else, is still worth the effort.