Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Did anyone solve d disappearing cues and loops mystery!

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ JAHKOOLIE 10:34 PM - 10 November, 2008
Ive been having a problem, that i see quite a few other djs are having, with the cue, and loops vanishing.Also when i try to delete songs or crates they come back apon restart. I was reading some discussions djs had have with youre tech support, and saw that the advise was to: rename the database v2, both on external and on pc, wich i did, and nothing changed, then i saw someone was advised, to go back to 1.8.0, from 1.8.2, wich i also tried and still im getting same memory problems.....PLEASE HELP!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:33 AM - 11 November, 2008
Hello Jahkoolie,

How much hard drive space do you have left on your drive(s)?

Are you importing your music from iTunes?

When you click on the import tab how many hard drive icons do you see in the column on the left?

Please list the names of them.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 10:49 PM - 11 November, 2008
Hi Zach, tnx for the quick response.Ok so, on my external i got 173 gb free, and on my lappy i got 180 gb free.So when i click import here are all the selections i get in the left column:my music, my documents, local disk(c), presario(d), dvd rw drive(e), and my external hd (f).Not sure if it will help or not but also using vista.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 10:55 PM - 11 November, 2008
Forgot to answer 1 of your questions. No im not using iTunes. Not sure if this will help, but when i click import, in the column beside the left one, i get:desktop.ini, scratchlive, scratchlive backup, and scratchlive backup temp
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:00 PM - 11 November, 2008
Ok.. so you have two drives that contain ScratchLIVE folders.
Your C drive and your F drive (F drive contains an _ScratchLIVE_ folder.

There is a databaseV2 file in both folders. Try renaming both of the databaseV2 files but do so when SSL is completely shut down.

If SSL isn't shut down renaming the database files won't do anything.

Let me know if your still having issues and we'll go from there.
tAbLiSt33 3:17 AM - 12 November, 2008
I've done all of the following that Zach S wrote; And I still get crashes....

I've done what the other forums have asked (Create new itunes library). This worked for a day or so and then....

guess I spoke too soon.....

I reverted back to my original library just to make the song amounts were the same on both libraries, reverted back to the new "library" & load & behold.....SERATO CRASHES!!!!!

Any ideas? PLEASE anyone.....Help!!!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:18 PM - 12 November, 2008
tAbLiSt33,

Please post your issue in a separate thread so we can better help you, and keep the current discussion organized and on track. Thanks:)
DJ JAHKOOLIE 9:50 PM - 12 November, 2008
Hey Zach, the database v2 file is easy to find and rename on drive f. However im looking in local c drive, i see program files, open that then i see, serato folder, open that then the selections i see is: drivers, scratchlive, and driver updater. I dont see database v2 file. Maybe im looking in wrong place, any hints?
DJ JAHKOOLIE 10:16 PM - 12 November, 2008
Cant remember how to get at the database v2 file on my lappy.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 10:20 PM - 12 November, 2008
Like i said i see a scratchlive folder, but when i open it i see 4 options: help16, MFC71u.dll, msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll, and scratchlive which opens the actual program.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:07 PM - 12 November, 2008
I should have been more clear.

There are two ScratchLIVE folders on your internal drive.

One in the Program Files folder and one in your My Music folder (XP) or Music folder (Vista).

You'll find the databaseV2 in the ScratchLIVE folder in the My Music or Music folder.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 12:38 AM - 14 November, 2008
Hey Zach, i did all the renaming the the the database v2 files on c, and f files, with ssl completely shut down. Then did some edits and cue settings, but all changes were gone again when i restarted.
tAbLiSt33 1:49 AM - 14 November, 2008
Both my locations read "database v2" and it still crashed....
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:43 PM - 14 November, 2008
I'm not sure what is going on but I think this has to do with the files your using.

Try reconverting one of the files.

Let me know your findings.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 12:33 AM - 15 November, 2008
How do i do that again?
DJ JAHKOOLIE 6:10 PM - 15 November, 2008
Not sure how to reconvert files. They r already in mp3.....
tAbLiSt33 2:58 AM - 16 November, 2008
All my files are mp3's.....should I convert an mp3 file to a mp3 files?.....
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:42 PM - 17 November, 2008
Here are directions on how to convert using iTunes --> support.apple.com

You can convert an mp3 to another mp3.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 12:13 AM - 21 November, 2008
Ok Zach, but i dont use itunes. Not sure if u talking to me or the other dude tryin to get help.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 12:17 AM - 21 November, 2008
Or do i need to get the itunes program, and just use it anyway. If you could give me a little breakdown on how to go about this. pls.
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:28 AM - 21 November, 2008
You can use iTunes to convert or another converting program.
I personally use iTunes for this procedure and just wanted to share the directions.
DJ JAHKOOLIE 9:56 PM - 23 November, 2008
Ok thanks, i will try it. I just ran into another problem.; my horizontal wave display on right deck is not displaying normal, it shows up as 3 grey skinny wave forms, not the one colourful wave as normal. Any ideas?
Funkytownstopsix 3:39 PM - 24 November, 2008
Say DJ Jahkoolie are your cues & loops not saving to external only. Try this load a song from you laptop set cues and load one from external and do the same. If cues save to your laptop but not external then most likely your exteneral is in NFTS format in which case you should make it fat 32. Just a shot in the wind but hey it may be the problem.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:43 PM - 24 November, 2008
Quote:
I just ran into another problem.; my horizontal wave display on right deck is not displaying normal, it shows up as 3 grey skinny wave forms, not the one colourful wave as normal. Any ideas?

Hold down the ctrl key and click on the wave display:)
1:06 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.