DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

alright i need some help in this genre...

sG 9:53 PM - 17 February, 2006
what could i possibly play when a club is asking for country music one night? anybody have any suggestions? (and please not a thread that consists of 40 replies about how country sucks, yes i know it does, i'm jus tryin to eat you kno what i'm sayin? but this should be good being that its san diego and a lot of peeps down here are marines from like texas and shht and uh.. yeah...)
djrocket 9:56 PM - 17 February, 2006
Country sucks!
click 9:58 PM - 17 February, 2006
LOL!!.. i just spit out my juice laughing..
djrocket 10:05 PM - 17 February, 2006
It does, but I feel your pain. I too needed to carry country western to work weddings no matter what the primary genre is (I live in Houston, TX). I would look in the billboard.com country charts first, but the following artists will help your gig:

Rascal Flatts
George Strait (just about anything by him)
John Michael Montgomery
Rebba
Brooks & Dunn
Garth Brook
Carrie Underwood
Kenny Chesney
Keith Urban
Tim McGraw
Faith Hill
Toby Keith

Hope this helps
djrocket 10:08 PM - 17 February, 2006
Oh yeah, rednecks love line dancing (I'm sure you've seen the CWD channel)
Try
Boot's scootin' boogie
Ackey breaky heart (spell?) some here will piss on your mixer if they hear you playing this song
djrocket 10:16 PM - 17 February, 2006
in fear of sounding like a fool

Check here also www.rodeohouston.com
This is the link to the Houston Lifestock Show & Rodeo, they have the lates country wester stars playing... you'll get the idea.

Any how I had to get my wife to shcool me in CW, and
CW still sucks!
el presidente 10:26 PM - 17 February, 2006
beleive it or not, a song that you can work with is save a horse ride a cowboy by big & rich. there's some waylon jennings cuts that work, 9 to 5 by dolly parton, some other joints. all about how you drop it in a mix.
mister iLL 2:59 PM - 18 February, 2006
thank god i live in philly
dj synystr 3:22 PM - 18 February, 2006
i would find another venue. country will drive you nuts man. believe me you can only hear about fucking cows so much before you get sick of it.
djrocket 4:33 PM - 18 February, 2006
Quote:
i would find another venue. country will drive you nuts man. believe me you can only hear about fucking cows so much before you get sick of it.

I agree
Bazildon 8:16 PM - 18 February, 2006
I think this is officially the funniest thread i've seen on here.

A whole night of Kenny Chesney and Garth Brooks...jesus, thats the stuff of nightmares!

I must admit (to my shame) that i don't mind a bit of Dolly Parton every now and again.

ps, where was tammy winette (sp?) on that list?
Thundercat 12:03 AM - 19 February, 2006
Caution: Serious Answer Below

If I were put in your situation, I would check Billboard and Promo Only for ideas. Purchase what you think you will need on a track by track basis or spring for a Promo Only subscription if you think it will be a significant part of your library. I have a little over 1GB of Country & Western in my library (my smallest genre). I try to keep it relatively current with only the most popular songs.
mexicannnnnn 12:36 AM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:

hahaha

Yeah you might go bonkers.. but if it puts food on the table then you gotta do what you gotta do.
djrocket 1:04 AM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha

Yeah you might go bonkers.. but if it puts food on the table then you gotta do what you gotta do.

It's not so bad once you see the cowgirls in the tight jeans..
mexicannnnnn 1:26 AM - 19 February, 2006
Quote:

It's not so bad once you see the cowgirls in the tight jeans..

Shania is soooo damn hot... shes the only country I can take (and wish I could have).
cali 2:08 AM - 19 February, 2006
yr
djtonypsalms 11:58 PM - 21 February, 2006
Quote:
Country sucks!

^^ That's ignorant... ^^

Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kenny Rogers just to name a few.
DjWoody 12:50 AM - 22 February, 2006
Shania is HOT!!!
djrocket 4:16 PM - 22 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Country sucks!

^^ That's ignorant... ^^

I think you missed the running joke... he said "please not a thread that consists of 40 replies about how country sucks"
hence the country sucks replies

BTW I do dislike country music, would I truly say it sucks.. maybe.. j/k If it did, this genre would not be so popular and not just in Texas & Tennessee. ;)
djrocket 4:18 PM - 22 February, 2006
Also Kenny Rogers, may not work too well with the younger country crowds, great for older 45+ crowd.
s42000 4:30 PM - 22 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Country sucks!

^^ That's ignorant... ^^

I think you missed the running joke... he said "please not a thread that consists of 40 replies about how country sucks"
hence the country sucks replies

BTW I do dislike country music, would I truly say it sucks.. maybe.. j/k If it did, this genre would not be so popular and not just in Texas & Tennessee. ;)

Are you forgeting Alabama .. Miss'Sippi
s42000 4:38 PM - 22 February, 2006
Quote:
what could i possibly play when a club is asking for country music one night? anybody have any suggestions? (and please not a thread that consists of 40 replies about how country sucks, yes i know it does, i'm jus tryin to eat you kno what i'm sayin? but this should be good being that its san diego and a lot of peeps down here are marines from like texas and shht and uh.. yeah...)

For any serious country DJ ...
Make sure you have that song about Peaches .. I do not know who sang it but it goes a little like this ..

"I'm going down to Georgia, gonna eat a lot of peaches" x4
"We going down to Georgia" x2
"We gonna eat a lot of peaches .. gonna eat a lotta peaches"
"We going down to Georgia, We gonna eat a lot of peaches" x4

Guitar Solo

[REPEAT]

It's a sure crow favorite dude, country certified club banger.
djrocket 5:02 PM - 22 February, 2006
Quote:
Are you forgeting Alabama .. Miss'Sippi

and LA, NC, NM, NV, NJ, upstate NY, Idaho, VA
djHSL 9:29 PM - 22 February, 2006
I never thought I'd be offering suggestions on Country music, but I seem to be getting an increasing demand for this genre from my customers.

Here's a list of relatively recent tracks with danceable BPMs. In this beat range I can run it as a transition from Urban to Dance if necessary.

Play Something Country / Brooks & Dunn / 114
Awful Beautiful Life / Darryl Worley / 114
Honkytonk U / Toby Keith / 114
Honky Tonk Badonkadonk / Trace Adkins / 115
Big Blue Note / Toby Keith / 116
Some Beach / Blake Shelton / 117
You're Like Coming Home / Lonestar / 117
Class Reunion (That Used To Be Us) / Lonestar / 117
That's What It's All About / Brooks & Dunn / 118 / 4:00 /
Lot Of Leavin' Left To Do / Dierks Bentley / 118 / 4:32 /
You're My Better Half / Keith Urban / 118 / 4:12 /
Good Ole Days / Phil Vassar / 118
Fast Cars And Freedom / Rascal Flatts / 118 /
As Good As I Once Was / Toby Keith / 119
Songs About Me / Trace Adkins / 119
Gone / Montgomery Gentry / 120
It's A Heartache / Trick Pony / 120
Nothin To Lose / Josh Gracin / 121
Baby Doll / Pat Green / 121
A Real Fine Place To Start / Sara Evans / 121
Big Time / Big & Rich / 122
Hicktown / Jason Aldean / 122
Nothin' 'bout Love Makes Sense / LeAnn Rimes / 122
Here For The Party / Gretchen Wilson / 123
Who's Your Daddy? / Toby Keith / 126
I Play Chicken With The Train (With Big & Rich) / Cowboy Troy / 128
Xxl / Keith Anderson / 128
djrocket 4:02 PM - 23 February, 2006
good list HSL

sG, how did your gig go?
sG 6:34 PM - 23 February, 2006
Quote:
good list HSL

sG, how did your gig go?

hasn't happened yet... set to kick off in march. i might just pass it to a veteran country dj.
sG 6:36 PM - 23 February, 2006
Quote:

For any serious country DJ ...
Make sure you have that song about Peaches .. I do not know who sang it but it goes a little like this ..

"I'm going down to Georgia, gonna eat a lot of peaches" x4
"We going down to Georgia" x2
"We gonna eat a lot of peaches .. gonna eat a lotta peaches"
"We going down to Georgia, We gonna eat a lot of peaches" x4

Guitar Solo

[REPEAT]

It's a sure crow favorite dude, country certified club banger.

i think you're thinking of Presidents of the USA, called "Lump"... never considered that song country.
djrocket 7:50 PM - 23 February, 2006
I think you should give it a shot. You learn alot from spinnin' different genres.. just my 2 c's
tig ol' bitties 8:03 PM - 23 February, 2006
Quote:

jus trying to eat?? Man, it would take a hella of a lot money for me to spin country for a whole night, i hope you getting paid well for that.
s42000 8:10 PM - 23 February, 2006
lol ..

what kind of song is it ?

I've only heard this drunk at a karaoke bar sing it.
tig ol' bitties 8:19 PM - 23 February, 2006
its liek a crappy rock song that makes no sense.
djtonypsalms 10:18 PM - 23 February, 2006
Quote:

You're right, my bad... I gotta brush up on the reading comprehension. :)

djHSL: Thanks for the informative list.

Peace!
djrocket 11:09 PM - 23 February, 2006
sG,
I guess we all forgot to ask.. Is the venue strictly CW or is it just a part of the genres you'll be playing?
sG 11:29 PM - 23 February, 2006
strictly, for this one night :(
Soba 1:09 AM - 24 February, 2006
The Presidents of the USA track is called 'Peaches'. I don't think its really country either
Thundercat 3:55 AM - 24 February, 2006
If it is only for one night, you may want to pass on it unless you already have enough music to get you through. Weigh the cost of getting the music you will need vs your pay for the night. Is it worth it to expend the energy and cost for this one night?
djrocket 10:20 PM - 24 February, 2006
Quote:

send me your email & I'll send you a list of the country songs I play.
djrocket 10:26 PM - 24 February, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

send me your email & I'll send you a list of the country songs I play.

I guess I should post a discalimer before anyone gets the wrong idea...

This is only a list of titles in txt format and not the actual music file. This is in no-way sharing and/or promoting the trading/sharing of music in an illigal mammer and/or using P2P software.