Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Need XML file to map serato sl1 to denon mc 6000

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Boutique Sound 4:54 AM - 12 July, 2013
I'm looking for the XLM file (mapping file) to bridge the Denon MC6000 midi controller to a Serato SL1 box

I need it ASAP, thank you!

I think it sucks that Denon and Serato can't put a simple file together to support this product that is probably the most road worthy controller for mobile DJs available today.

I'm not even asking for serato software support, just midi file support ... I been using Serato since it came out in 04 and Denon products since the early 90s!

How about some support for us working DJs that pay your bills by buying your products!
Konix 10:54 AM - 12 July, 2013
Here you go... dl.dropboxusercontent.com
Boutique Sound 3:46 AM - 15 July, 2013
hey, nothing shows up on the link ... i got an xml from DJ Unique out of LA, hes got a video

up on youtube on marrying the denon 6000 to a serato box via his xml code ... it has the

basics but its missing alot of stuff, like the sync button or the side platters for adjusting,

no sampling, its disabled and so are the effects, there's gotta be a better map out there

BEEN A SERATO USER SINCE 04 AND DENON SINCE THE EARLY 90S, SURE WISH

THEY WOULD SHOW SOME APPRECIATION FOR US MOBILE DJS AND AT LEAST

COME UP WITH A GOOD XML MAP TO SUPPORT AN SL BOX IF THEY DON'T WANT

TO MAKE IT NATIVE SUPPORT ... THERE ARE NO RACK MOUNTABLE CONTROLLERS

AT THIS TIME THAT ARE DENON QUALITY SUPPORTED BY SERATO, OR COME UP

WITH A NEW RACK MOUNTABLE CONTROLLER LIKE THE 6000 AND MARK THE SHIT

UP OUT OF IT AND GET FAT MONEY, BUT AT LEAST HELP US WORKING MOBILE

DJS OUT
DJ Unique 3:57 AM - 15 July, 2013
Quote:
hey, nothing shows up on the link ... i got an xml from DJ Unique out of LA, hes got a video

up on youtube on marrying the denon 6000 to a serato box via his xml code ... it has the

basics but its missing alot of stuff, like the sync button or the side platters for adjusting,

no sampling, its disabled and so are the effects, there's gotta be a better map out there

BEEN A SERATO USER SINCE 04 AND DENON SINCE THE EARLY 90S, SURE WISH

THEY WOULD SHOW SOME APPRECIATION FOR US MOBILE DJS AND AT LEAST

COME UP WITH A GOOD XML MAP TO SUPPORT AN SL BOX IF THEY DON'T WANT

TO MAKE IT NATIVE SUPPORT ... THERE ARE NO RACK MOUNTABLE CONTROLLERS

AT THIS TIME THAT ARE DENON QUALITY SUPPORTED BY SERATO, OR COME UP

WITH A NEW RACK MOUNTABLE CONTROLLER LIKE THE 6000 AND MARK THE SHIT

UP OUT OF IT AND GET FAT MONEY, BUT AT LEAST HELP US WORKING MOBILE

DJS OUT

Hi Casablanca.
If you'd like, I can send you another XML that has the ability to pitch bend via platters (not side).

THERE IS NO SYNC in Scratch Live so you are out of luck on this one. If you need SYNC then my advice is for you is to switch to Serato DJ or use Traktor or Virtual DJ on your MC6000.

The effects are not disabled. You need to enable is SSL's setup screen and use the buttons on the MC6000 to toggle on/off.

The loops are not mapped because I don't use them as well as not having enough buttons/scrolls on the MC6000 for mapping them.

My suggestion to you is to try mapping the buttons in the way you use them.
serato.com

Also check out the latest SSL version 2.5 that was just released. There is a preset available for the MC6000. I have not yet tried it but maybe it will work you.
serato.com
Boutique Sound 4:07 AM - 15 July, 2013
yeah i'm downloading 2.5 right now, I'll see if that works

thanks so much for your help!
Serato, Support
Mak T 4:18 AM - 15 July, 2013
Hey CasablancaDJ,

Thanks for your post.

- Have you tried mapping the Denon MC6000 yourself?

As DJ Unique has stated, there is no SYNC functionality within Scratch Live - so If you desire that function, I suggesting trying to map your controller to the Serato DJ software. If the presets in the link below don't work out for you or don't fit with your workflow, I would suggest sticking with your own custom mapping:

serato.com (click link)

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers

Mak T
Boutique Sound 4:59 AM - 15 July, 2013
don't need the sync button but it can't hurt to have it, i thought there was a hidden sync feature in scratch live, maybe not

the main one for me is the side of the platter to adjust pitch bend, when you press the sync button the track dissapears in the xml file i have ... bad if you accidentally press it

i used to mix with serato and denon 4500 and time code CDs using the pitch bend function, so this is an improvement over that but it would be nice if the keys lit up and all that

i'm trying to see if that new xml support file will work
DJ Unique 6:02 AM - 15 July, 2013
Quote:
don't need the sync button but it can't hurt to have it, i thought there was a hidden sync feature in scratch live, maybe not

the main one for me is the side of the platter to adjust pitch bend, when you press the sync button the track dissapears in the xml file i have ... bad if you accidentally press it

i used to mix with serato and denon 4500 and time code CDs using the pitch bend function, so this is an improvement over that but it would be nice if the keys lit up and all that

i'm trying to see if that new xml support file will work

Since Sync is not an option in SSL, I have mapped that button to eject the track. In SSL setup you will need to select "Lock Playing Deck" so you do not accidentally eject a track.... or load a track on your playing deck, as I have.... LOL

That 2nd XML I sent you have the option to pitch bend via the platter. I think the SYNC button engages and disengages it.
DJ Unique 6:05 AM - 15 July, 2013
WTF???
I did not double post.
Boutique Sound 6:45 PM - 16 July, 2013
I tried out the Serato xml file ... no mapping at all to the top or side of the platter ... lights go up, not sure if the effects work but the main thing is the platter

i'm back to DJ Unique's xml map because it has platter control -but no lights-

Serato already has sync technology, is it really that much work to map the platters -both top and side- and maybe activate that sync button??

I'm sure I've spent several grand over the years on Serato boxes, rane 57 and several denon mixers and cd players

... how about an xml map from serato that works the platters at least if not sync ... clearly serato and denon have collaborations in the denon 2000 controller

we're not even asking for much ... still buying the denon 6000 and rane box ... how about a better xml file??

Or does anyone have a better xml map??
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:44 AM - 17 July, 2013
Hey Casablanca,

Everything is Mappable in the Scratch Live interface, except of course the Virtual Decks - which evidently would remove the Scratch Live from software from being a DVS system. The Denon MC6000 is a controller used by many users, and we are aware of that, however I cannot comment to whether it will become a native controller.

In regards to Sync being available in Scratch Live, well that has been a long debated topic amongst many users - and at this point, Sync is not available in Scratch Live.

- Do you have another controller that is native to Serato DJ? Have you tried mapping your Denon MC6000 with the Serato DJ software?

Cheers

Mak T
Boutique Sound 3:38 AM - 17 July, 2013
Hey Mak T,

I have an NS6 that i use with serato DJ, the point was to have a rack mountable controller

that uses serato ... it still is, i hope someone develops one for mobile DJs

I don't know how to map anything to save my life, I've tried 2 different xml files and I

think someone emailed me possibly a third one, the top of the platter does work with dj unique's xml map, maybe someone can take the rane one and add the platter stuff or other functions from dj unique's map

... something is better than nothing so I guess I'm crying even after I been handed a piece of bread but it would sure be nice if a better xml map can be made, i would buy a serato DJ version for the denon 6000, i think most DJs would ... i went out and spent $200 on a used
serato box just to do this

that's dedication to a brand
10:46 PM, 30 Jul 2013
Mak T attached a file: DenonMC6000 LED.xml
Download· Permalink
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:51 PM - 30 July, 2013
Hey Casablanca,

Thanks patience. I have attached a new XML mapping to this thread that will solve this issue.

1) Drop this XML into the MIDI folder, which is in the _Serato_ folder
2) Launch Scratch Live
3) Load XML via the MIDI tab in the Setup Screen

* If it doesn't work, You may need to go back and delete the AUTO_SAVE.XML from the MIDI folder and then carry out the above process. Please ensure that Scratch Live is closed prior to deleting the AUTO_SAVE.XML

Cheers

Mak T
1:57 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.