DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Djing using scratch live in daylight.

marlonakaharv 10:12 AM - 10 July, 2013
Anyone ever had that problem djing in daylight and notice how hard it is to see screen?i have a way to fix that.
djbanno 11:49 AM - 10 July, 2013
Get your skills up so you are the guy performing behind the decks and not the one "air djing" from the dancefloor?
lol...sorry...do you mean this? ----> Watchwww.youtube.com (PC)
(Cntrl+alt+Command+8 on a Mac)
Chrisjin 2:02 PM - 10 July, 2013
get an umbrella
DTweed 3:15 PM - 10 July, 2013
Thats where traditional DJ skills come into play once you have the recorded selected you dont need to look at the screen so it shouldnt be any different than back in the days but instead of reaching in the crate for another recorded you are shielding the screen from the sun
DJ Nightmare Productions 3:20 PM - 10 July, 2013
brighten the screen.. lol
funkyfresh2012 8:24 PM - 10 July, 2013
Quote:
Thats where traditional DJ skills come into play once you have the record selected you dont need to look at the screen so it shouldnt be any different than back in the days but instead of reaching in the crate for another recorded you are shielding the screen from the sun

Quote:
Get your skills up so you are the guy performing behind the decks and not the one "air djing" from the dancefloor?

^^^this
Laz219 4:21 AM - 11 July, 2013
Not sure if signed up just to try and "I know something you don't, but I won't tell you" brag...or what.
djpuma_gemini 4:32 AM - 11 July, 2013
too bad your fix doesn't work in mountain lion.
Laz219 4:53 AM - 11 July, 2013
The OP is actually running win7 anyway.
DJ DisGrace 11:42 AM - 11 July, 2013
Quote:

Yea it does, just need to make an adjustment on Preferences first. It's disabled by default for some reason.

Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Accessibility > Invert Colors
marlonakaharv 3:16 PM - 12 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Thats where traditional DJ skills come into play once you have the record selected you dont need to look at the screen so it shouldnt be any different than back in the days but instead of reaching in the crate for another recorded you are shielding the screen from the sun

Quote:

^^^this

Please tell me how I can select a tract that I can't see???if you are going to reply please do so whith respect if not feel free not to reply.please also get your common sense up!!!
marlonakaharv 3:20 PM - 12 July, 2013
This suppose to be a site where dj's help each other out with problems,figured out a way to fix it and want to share with fellow dj's,but it seems like people on this site knows it all so I'm keep my info to myself.thanks to all who replied.
marlonakaharv 3:31 PM - 12 July, 2013
Quote:
Not sure if signed up just to try and "I know something you don't, but I won't tell you" brag...or what.

Funny but I didn't
CMOS 7:20 PM - 12 July, 2013
I think hes talking about the Windows "Magnifier".

Open the magnifier and click the Minus sign to zoom out, then click the gear icon, and there is an option to invert the colors like you can do on osx.
marlonakaharv 11:24 PM - 12 July, 2013
Quote:

Open the magnifier and click the Minus sign to zoom out, then click the gear icon, and there is an option to invert the colors like you can do on osx.

Yes yes yes @CMOS ..
djbanno 12:01 AM - 13 July, 2013
^^Ummm...(first post)
Quote:
do you mean this? ----> Watchwww.youtube.com
dj_craigmac 12:33 AM - 13 July, 2013
how do u do this on a mac ?
CMOS 12:43 AM - 13 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yes yes yes @CMOS ..

Why didn't you just say so in your first post? Would have gotten a better reception than the shit storm this turned into.
DJ DisGrace 1:05 AM - 13 July, 2013
Quote:
how do u do this on a mac ?

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yea it does, just need to make an adjustment on Preferences first. It's disabled by default for some reason.

Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Accessibility > Invert Colors
Dj AR1 1:17 AM - 13 July, 2013
This function is not working on my mac.
DJRemixEnt 1:52 AM - 13 July, 2013
Quote:
(Cntrl+alt+Command+8 on a Mac)This function is not working on my mac.

Quote:
Quote:
Yea it does, just need to make an adjustment on Preferences first. It's disabled by default for some reason.Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Accessibility > Invert Colors
DJ DisGrace 2:25 AM - 13 July, 2013
^ lol thanks

reading skills are sub-par on this forum
marlonakaharv 3:20 AM - 13 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes yes yes @CMOS ..
cause it was a question n would have been answer accordingly

Why didn't you just say so in your first post? Would have gotten a better reception than the shit storm this turned into.
phatbob 1:16 PM - 13 July, 2013
Quote:
reading skills are sub-par on this forum

This.