intel video card

dj-fozzy 6:35 AM - 8 July, 2013
is serato video ever going to work with intel video cards
dj-fozzy 6:37 AM - 8 July, 2013
will serato video ever work with intel video cards
6:05 PM, 8 Jul 2013
Discussion moved to Serato Video and Video-SL Help
dj codeman 7:30 PM - 8 July, 2013
You need a dedicated video card to do this.....
Serato, Support
Mak T 9:51 PM - 8 July, 2013
Hey dj-fozzy,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, Intel Graphics cards are not supported by the Serato Video plugin as it lacks some components that evidently cause performance issues.

Cheers

Mak T
DJ Shock DE 12:57 AM - 10 July, 2013
@DJ codeman, How can we get a dedicated Video Card so those of us who have laptops with intel graphics can still use Serato Video?
Code:E 3:17 AM - 10 July, 2013
Quote:
@DJ codeman, How can we get a dedicated Video Card so those of us who have laptops with intel graphics can still use Serato Video?

you can't.

laptops (any) can not have a video card added to them. Your only option is currently is to buy a new laptop.

There is hope for the future with thunderbolt PCI enclosures, But thunderbolt is currently a mac and custom PC tower thing, and neither of those options really have the need for it at the moment.
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:29 AM - 11 July, 2013
Hey DJ Shock DE,

Code:E is correct. Unfortunately, you cannot install and add them on laptop. The only option would be to purchase a new computer. If you are looking to do video intensive sets, it is recommended you purchase a computer that has a graphics card with a capacity 1GB or more. In addition, please also note that we currently do not officially support the Windows 8 operating system, however users will be able install, and in most cases, use the software.

Cheers

Mak T
Code:E 5:57 PM - 11 July, 2013
Quote:
If you are looking to do video intensive sets, it is recommended you purchase a MacBook Pro that has a graphics card with a capacity 1GB or more.

Fixed :p

No its not necessary to buy a mac, and serato will never tell you that you need to (which you dont "need" to) but there is a reason the community of Pro DJ's 99.9% use Mac Book Pro's.
skyy 12:17 PM - 12 July, 2013
True Dat!
dj-fozzy 4:20 AM - 15 July, 2013
99.9% of all pro djs dont use macs dont get me wrong they are nice but macs have there problems also and real costly. thats y i switched to pc and the only problem im having is the video card i wont be caught dead with 1 and yes i can afford 1. ok so it looks like i have to buy a new pc im going with a HP that pc was made for djs not the mac
skyy 5:13 AM - 15 July, 2013
code e- he tripping,-let him find out the hard way,some people will never learn,he dont have the fozzyest idea.lol
Code:E 6:20 AM - 15 July, 2013
Quote:
99.9% of all pro djs dont use macs dont get me wrong they are nice but macs have there problems also and real costly.

Ok thats a little over the top. more like 80%
Quote:
im going with a HP that pc was made for djs

Thats called marketing. There is nothing in any HP laptop "designed" for DJ's.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 6:09 PM - 15 July, 2013
I guess I have to agree with Skyy, I found out the "hard way", I edit at home with a PC but I will not take my chances on the road without a mac...
Phuture2 9:15 PM - 15 July, 2013
It always comes back to a PC or MAC war everytime its mentioned.
Dj ListenDat 10:29 AM - 16 July, 2013
Hope one day Serato staff will stop saying bullshit about intel GPU that can't handle video........

INTEL QUICK SYNC GUYS !!! Will you one day start getting info about it ?!!!!!!!

You make a so bad advertisment for Intel by saying BS like that !!
skyy 2:24 PM - 16 July, 2013
Another EL Cheapo!
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:05 AM - 17 July, 2013
Quote:
Hope one day Serato staff will stop saying bullshit about intel GPU that can't handle video........

INTEL QUICK SYNC GUYS !!! Will you one day start getting info about it ?!!!!!!!

You make a so bad advertisment for Intel by saying BS like that !!

We are here to help our users, not to spread false facts about issues, specifications, software, hardware etc. We base our judgements on our world class development and testing. Our priority is to ALWAYS ensure our users have the best experience and performance with our software.

I appreciate your thoughts and understand your frustration, but please remember that the help request area is for just that, helping other users out.

Cheers

Mak T
Dj ListenDat 12:21 PM - 17 July, 2013
Be at least honest and just stay to statement "Serato video doesn't support intel video cards". Cause it's not because of the lack of power of the GPU, but because of the lack of development of Serato. So i find it unfair to discredit Intel like that especially when we know how the new architecture (sandy, ivy ,haswell) are for the moment the most powerful one for video editing thanks to Intel Quick Sync.
Code:E 5:36 PM - 17 July, 2013
Quote:
Be at least honest and just stay to statement "Serato video doesn't support intel video cards". Cause it's not because of the lack of power of the GPU, but because of the lack of development of Serato. So i find it unfair to discredit Intel like that especially when we know how the new architecture (sandy, ivy ,haswell) are for the moment the most powerful one for video editing thanks to Intel Quick Sync.

This all seems like opinion. I dont know anyone in the pro community singing intels preasies. Everyone users STAND ALONE card with dedicated Vram. Something intel doesn't have. The intel chips could be powerful enough. But we know serato does not like to program for every single possible combination because it can lead to instability. Leave it at that. Its a Choice by serato to not support video Chip sets that share memory.
Dj ListenDat 12:42 PM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

This all seems like opinion. I dont know anyone in the pro community singing intels preasies. Everyone users STAND ALONE card with dedicated Vram. Something intel doesn't have. The intel chips could be powerful enough. But we know serato does not like to program for every single possible combination because it can lead to instability. Leave it at that. Its a Choice by serato to not support video Chip sets that share memory.

Again you don't see what i mean. You all keep seeing the intel gpu as they used to be...crap ! Things has changed in the video editing field. They created quicksync. If you take 5 minutes to have a look on the internet you'll see that now whoever is making a video edition or compression, allow the usage of QS. Have a look at the last versions of handbrake for example. They have implemented QS. Make a test. If you have a Sandy bridge or Ivy brige try the QS version. You'll see that compression is better and quickier with QS than with you nvida chip.......

So again guys remain opened and aware. Nowadays it's not about developping every single combination, it's about developping a new key in video editing, encoding, decoding etc...which is Intel QS. Don't you find it too bad that someone with MB retina i7 which is strong, can't have better performance than an old 2010 MB with a Geforce just because SV isn't following its time ?? Developping support of Intel Quick Sync is important cause it's a technology that is present and is coming in the new Intel CPUs (Haswell) and i don't think apple is going to drop intel in its future laptops and it's the same with the high end pc laptop
Code:E 6:15 PM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:
You all keep seeing the intel gpu as they used to be...crap !

Like the Serato guy said in the other post, Some intel cards are ok and some are just crap and there no way to tell the difference.

Dedicated cards are the only way to go.

Quote:
If you take 5 minutes to have a look on the internet you'll see that now whoever is making a video edition or compression, allow the usage of QS.

All looks like propaganda to me.

Quote:
You'll see that compression is better and quickier with QS than with you nvida chip.......

That would be because you are using the CPU's core to do the work, and in the case of serato You want the audio to be using the cpu and not the video.
Dj ListenDat 1:24 PM - 19 July, 2013
Quote:
You'll see that compression is better and quickier with QS than with you nvida chip.......

That would be because you are using the CPU's core to do the work, and in the case of serato You want the audio to be using the cpu and not the video.

You're disappointing me here. I thought you weren't the kind of person that through sentences withouth having checked before. You are inventing dude. QS uses the GPU (intel hd 3000 or 4000 for example). CPU usages isn't more important than when you use a dedicated GPU. Do something for me, if you have QS just test it by yourself..............
Code:E 6:42 PM - 19 July, 2013
I'm not expert on this, You clearly know more than I do. I do have a fairly good understanding of how a computer works.
Quote:
You are inventing dude. QS uses the GPU (intel hd 3000 or 4000 for example).

So thats graphics chip which is inside the CPU (which i was told by a local computer shop when I was asking them questions the other day) so how is the CPU not doing the processing?

I dont have a computer with QS. At lease a PC. My MacBook Pro have the intel 3000 and a ATI6750.
Dj ListenDat 5:25 PM - 20 July, 2013
try the handbrake qs edition and compare an encoding speed with the ATI

plus the GPU isn't inside the CPU. It's an architecture with components working together.
Dj ListenDat 5:26 PM - 20 July, 2013
it's important people start to have a look, seek on the internet, and test QS instead of judging without knowing :(. It's a good picture of how people are in life :( they just jugde even before knowing :(
dj codeman 1:26 AM - 24 July, 2013
if you want to use a PC laptop make sure you get something at least as good as I have:

A8 Quad Core 8GB RAM 500GB HDD with an AMD Radeo HD 7640 with 512MB graphics system memory...

Got mine for under 500$
Code:E 5:06 AM - 24 July, 2013
And this computer works with Serato Video? Codeman?
dj-fozzy 8:16 PM - 28 July, 2013
@ code man i know a lot of dj on the radio and the streets in chicago and they all swear that AMD graphic cards is the best for serato video
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:50 AM - 29 July, 2013
Hey Guys,

Im going to move this thread into the Serato Video general discussion area.

Cheers

Mak T
3:50 AM, 29 Jul 2013
Discussion moved to Serato Video and Video-SL General Discussion
Code:E 10:30 PM - 29 July, 2013
Quote:
@ code man i know a lot of dj on the radio and the streets in chicago and they all swear that AMD graphic cards is the best for serato video

sorry I should have explained better. AMD graphics are fine. AMD processors are bad (for use with serato).
ISH ROY 2:45 PM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
Hey DJ Shock DE,

Code:E is correct. Unfortunately, you cannot install and add them on laptop. The only option would be to purchase a new computer. If you are looking to do video intensive sets, it is recommended you purchase a computer that has a graphics card with a capacity 1GB or more. In addition, please also note that we currently do not officially support the Windows 8 operating system, however users will be able install, and in most cases, use the software.

Cheers

Mak T

whether to buy mac book pro or alien link r below please suggest with configuration

www.dell.com
(is it good for video use and audio use )

www.apple.com
or
(is it good for video use and audio use )

awaited feedback
Code:E 9:10 PM - 26 September, 2013
again as I said before. Mac is the way to go if you todo video.

That Dell may have good specs but its windows (and windows 8 to boot) which means it well never perform as well as the mac will.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 9:25 PM - 26 September, 2013
If you're planning on using a DEDICATED laptop for just VeeJaying this would mean that you will NOT use a lot of other specific windows functions.
My opinion: buy a macbook pro with a dedicated 1GB videocard and buy a cheapo windows laptop do do the other windows programs and you're safe.
You will avoid lots of problems. If you are planning to use a windows laptop for serato video and lots of other windows programs, buy the best you can get (for example the dell precision workstation) and start praying cause Serato is not so windows friendly.
I would get a refurbished 2012-2013 macbook pro (the one with the drive) and put a 1TB ssd in it and immediately you have a monster machine. You can even put two ssd's if you want.
if you're spinning music during daylight affairs get one with a non-glare display; believe me it's worth it.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 9:26 PM - 26 September, 2013
Why experiment if so many others have gone before you?
I use both and I love win programs but live its a different story...
ISH ROY 6:08 AM - 27 September, 2013
thanks for the feedback
Dj ListenDat 2:49 PM - 27 September, 2013
In fact if you want to VJ buy a Macbook. Again i'm PC user with so many hours of troubleshooting SV and PC and trust me i've tested tons of stuffs etc....just look at my name on this forum u'll see. And in fact you can have whatever impressive PC it won't be the best solution for VJing........
ISH ROY 3:04 PM - 27 September, 2013
I Really Appreciate everybodies feedback , but honestly iam still confused what to buy ....
Yes i want VJing and i want it to be the best supporting equipment irrelevant to cost .

One final take on this please
slimmjimm 8:49 PM - 27 September, 2013
Quote:

If you're looking for encouragement to get a PC for VJing, you've come to the wrong place. Invest in yourself, get a Mac.
tomatoslice 4:02 AM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
I Really Appreciate everybodies feedback , but honestly iam still confused what to buy ....
Yes i want VJing and i want it to be the best supporting equipment irrelevant to cost .

Mac

Mac

Mac

one more final take....Mac.
Culprit 5:59 AM - 30 September, 2013
Macbook Pro, Serato Video does not work with any windows operating system as it was not developed for it. It will not run perfect unless you decide to hack osx on it or buy a macbook pro. Thats the truth
Dj ListenDat 1:39 PM - 30 September, 2013
Truuuuuuuuuuu #2chainzVoice
Dj Nandoe 8:44 AM - 1 November, 2013
If your not a computer guy and don't understand RAM, buses, chipsets, capabilities of USB, firewire or Thunderbolt and why it's almost impossible to install a video card on a laptop. Then you will never get a PC to work correctly with Serato Video. Just get a macbook pro 15 inch. I have a regular black macbook 13 inch and use serato video on medium video quality for now untill I upgrade to a macbook pro 15inch with 1GB of VRAM (VRAM is completely different than regular RAM).

My workflow:

My PC (3.5GHZ i7 Quad Core CPU, Windows 7 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX670 video card)
handles all video editing using software Vegas Video Pro 12 64bit. In Vegas Video render as a MP4 (MainConcept AVC/AAC). Teach yourself all the encoding settings like, frame size, frame rate and variable bit rate. Don't forget to set your audio quality (I use 320).
example: 1280x720, 35fps, 3500kbps, 320kbps44KHz.

Transfer my videos to my MAC and perform live on a MAC.
My black MACBOOK (2.4 Intel Core Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB hard drive WDC WD10TPVT-00HT5T1 and my super weak internal video card - Intel GMA X3100). At best I get medium quality with no effects. But it still works.

If all these specs scare you then you will pay a lot of money for someone to do all this for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------
Teach me how to Google, Teach me how to Google, Teach me how to Google!
ISH ROY 11:58 AM - 1 November, 2013
thanks everyone ... i m already a part of apple family ...now yippe and happy...
Culprit 7:48 PM - 1 November, 2013
35 fps?? 23.976 will do fine ;)
Dj Nandoe 9:18 PM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:

Yeah, my bad I meant 25, but 23.976 is good.
DJ DisGrace 9:29 PM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

There is a difference. Stick with the fps of your source file.
Dj Nandoe 9:49 PM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is a difference. Stick with the fps of your source file.

Yup Dj DisGrace, I agree. In Windows you can right click, hit properties and check the frame rate. I stick with the original fps of whatever the source file is. Not sure how to quick check the fps on a mac.
dj-fozzy 7:00 AM - 5 November, 2013
thanks guys
Culprit 10:57 AM - 25 March, 2014
Watchwww.youtube.com

Intel HD Graphics Cards now Supported, works great. Viva Serato!
Dj ListenDat 11:41 AM - 25 March, 2014
Culprit i think you can also thank me lool cause i truly believe if Intel hd are now supported it is thanks to my multiple post here about Intel Quick Sync technology. I think i'm really the one who managed to make them have a look at it, test it, and see that it's working well on a good computer :)

Serato Staff can you confirm please :p ?
DJ Tecniq 7:58 PM - 25 March, 2014
Original poster - Intel video cards are now supported in the new serato dj w/serato video. If it doesn't work with your pc then you should get a mac. Atleast they are supporting it now.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 8:56 PM - 25 March, 2014
Hey all,

Just to clarify Intel integrated GPU's on Windows machines have been un-blocked as detailed in one of the other threads.

This means they are NOT officially supported but they may work depending on your full system specs.

As with AMD processors NOT officially supported but if your setup works with the software successfully then great !!

Hey Listen Dat,

I can confirm that you have been an advocate for the use of Intel Quick Sync and have spent many hours on helping other users and discussing the possibilities of GPU acceleration via many methods.

Thank you for your ongoing enthusiasm and support with this issue.
DJ Tecniq 9:03 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
Hey all,

Just to clarify Intel integrated GPU's on Windows machines have been un-blocked as detailed in one of the other threads.

This means they are NOT officially supported but they may work depending on your full system specs.

As with AMD processors NOT officially supported but if your setup works with the software successfully then great !!

Hey Listen Dat,

I can confirm that you have been an advocate for the use of Intel Quick Sync and have spent many hours on helping other users and discussing the possibilities of GPU acceleration via many methods.

My bad thought they were supported now. Only way to try is to test. Thanks for clarifying.
Culprit 9:45 PM - 25 March, 2014
Yep,

Windows 7 Laptop's at recommended specs with NVidia/ATI Card's should run a bit better now as well, though testing needs to be confirmed first.
Dj ListenDat 4:29 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Hey all,

Hey Listen Dat,

:p thank you :D

Intel should pay me lool
Sonny Chiba Studios 10:56 PM - 15 October, 2014
Hey everyone has valid points here, ultimately the New MAC's have Intel chips inside, Serato is limited by choice of coding, I personally prefer PC over mac. Its True the Intel Video Card is an Issue as Most PC laptop come equipped with them.

Hp's are good as long as you stay away from the DV series
I use a Dell M6800 I chose this model for the power and usage. I agree serato should address the intel video issue because many users have invested in the product and have been loyal to the organization through the developmental stages.

Just My 2 cents