Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Problem with VSL

DJ-A 3:15 PM - 7 November, 2008
the past 5 times i have used VLS around 10 minutes in SSL Freezes or quits. Most of the time SSL looks open but the pinwheel comes up and the vid keeps playing, typically if i try to wait it out the VLS window will stay open but everything else closes.

MBP (whatever the most current OSX is. 2 gb ram, 256 video ram
1.8.2, current VLS software
DJ-A 3:21 PM - 7 November, 2008
and it seems that when it first opens i have a problem with dropouts when the songs first start. video buffer is currently @ 1
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:51 PM - 7 November, 2008
Are you using an external hard drive to store your video files?

If so, try using your setup with out the external drive and see if the problem continues.
DJ-A 5:57 PM - 7 November, 2008
I am... i'll try that
Serato
Nathan H 3:04 AM - 10 November, 2008
Hi,
When you say the video buffer is currently at '1' what do you mean? 1gb?

Unfortunately it is quite hard to diagnose what might be going wrong without additional information. Does SSL give you a screen that says it has crashed and to choose 'report' 'ignore' etc?
If it does can you hit 'report' and then copy paste what it gives into here?

Thanks,

Nathan
DJ-A 3:46 PM - 10 November, 2008
yeah 1 gb

I do get the pop up screen saying it has quit and asks if i want to report it.

what i thought is a little odd is that it is only SSL that closes, the video plug in stays open
Serato
Nathan H 8:19 PM - 10 November, 2008
Yeah. It will be a bug in SSL that is causing the crash.
When it happens next if you can copy and paste here the contents of the 'report' it wants to send to apple (they don't pass them along to us ;-).

Thanks,
N
DJ-A 9:55 PM - 10 November, 2008
I definately will. Thanks for your attention on this
andrew b 10:38 AM - 21 November, 2008
do you think it may have something to do with the external hd?? i am trying to find info on this because tonight i also had a crash, it seems my external hd just stopped responding. i accidentally tapped 2 x to load a track and boom, crash. sucks. i have a 6 mo old mbp with 2 g ram, 256 vid ram ect. you know the specs. but i really its the ext hard drive. its a wd studio hd with plenty of space. do you need more info?
DJ-A 4:05 PM - 21 November, 2008
I upgraded my ram and the next time i used it everything seemed to be better... I also went through and really cleaned up any songs that were corrupt
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:17 PM - 21 November, 2008
Quote:
do you think it may have something to do with the external hd??

Check the Energy Saver settings within your System Preferences, are all the sleep settings, including the "put hard disk to sleep" option, set to never or unchecked?
Niro 7:27 PM - 21 November, 2008
I've had SSL crash on me also, but not SVL, thought it was because my airport was accidently left on, but now I'm thinking otherwise.