DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

56 power lead issue

Dax 6:02 PM - 3 July, 2013
I've had my 56 loaned out to a friend and got it back the other day and the little clip that holds the power lead in has been snapped off,the power lead still fits and mixer powers up OK but the power lead just keeps falling out if mixer or power plugs get moved.

so my question is,can i just replace the connector clip or do i have to replace the power adapter?
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:13 PM - 3 July, 2013
You just need the clip. You will also need a crimping tool to crimp the clip onto the cord.
Dax 9:55 PM - 3 July, 2013
i have a cat 5 crimping tool somewhere.will it be the same ? i mean an off the shelf at local DIY store tool,if so then i have one.

what size clip is it Zach ? and can it be picked up at local electronic store or do i need to get it from you guys?
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:21 PM - 3 July, 2013
Its a generic phone jack clip that can be picked up at any electronics store or taken off an existing phone cable.

I'm not sure if a cat 5 crimping tool would work but I'm guessing it might?
Dax 12:18 AM - 4 July, 2013
thanks for the info Zach

looking online its a RJ11 connector and i'll need a RJ11 crimp tool
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:27 PM - 8 July, 2013
Oh yes.. indeed you will.
Dax 9:37 AM - 25 August, 2016
right i finally got round to picking up a rj11 and crimping tool.

the 1st rj11 plug i got was only a 4 pin so binned that and now have some 6 pin ones.

fitted a 6 pin and now power supply is not working at all.

any other tips on fitting this rj11?
Dax 12:06 PM - 25 August, 2016
its ok i worked out what the problem was,my crimping tool was only 4 pin!!
Taipanic 2:24 PM - 25 August, 2016
As an FYI, some Crimping tools will do both, if you need to do this get one like this:
www.newegg.com