Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Enable Scratch Mode when using FX

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-WeGO
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
2.Um.@.X 6:29 AM - 21 June, 2013
I know that you have to use the jog wheels to change the parameter of the FX enabled on a deck. Is there a way that I can also scratch a song on a deck while I am enabling an effects?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:27 PM - 21 June, 2013
Hi 2.Um.@.X

yes, you could use an external MIDI controller like the Akai LPD8 or similar, and map it to control the effects.

See here how to map a third party controller to Serato DJ:
serato.com

Cheers

Karl Y
2.Um.@.X 12:53 AM - 23 June, 2013
Karl Y,

The software can MIDI MAPPED the Akai LPD8, but can I control the parameter of the an effect when enabled in the Akai LPD8 and trying to scratch the jogwheel with the DDJ-WeGO?

The DDJ-WeGO has no knob controls for the effect, but only be controlled with the jogwheels when enabled.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:21 AM - 30 July, 2013
Hi 2.Um.@.X

yes, you can fully control the effects with an external MIDI controller like the LPD8
You will still be able to use the WeGo normally.

Cheers

Karl Y
2.Um.@.X 7:48 AM - 30 July, 2013
Karl Y,

I tried mapping my Akai MPK Mini with the knobs with the effects. The thing is that I can still control the effect parameter with the jogwheels. I do not know how to use the jogwheels to a backward scratch with the parameter effect is ON.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:52 AM - 30 July, 2013
Hi 2.Um.@.X
did you enable the effect from the WeGo?

Enabling the effect from the WeGo will set the platter into effect mode at the same time.

Could you try mapping a button on your MIDI controller to "effect on" and use that button instead of the button on the WeGo?

Cheers

Karl Y
upbeat cynic 2:16 PM - 30 July, 2013
Guys, was this ever resolved? Having same problem on Traktor with my pioneer wego - can't scratch while using fx. Gate fx enables mean scratching...
2.Um.@.X 4:52 AM - 31 July, 2013
Karl Y,

I still cannot enable the effect parameters while I control the song with the jogwheel. As what you have told me to map the button on the other controller and still the DDJ-WeGO enables that effect parameter while I use the jogwheel as a effect knob.
upbeat cynic 5:04 AM - 31 July, 2013
Yeah, it seems that anytime a fx is turned on - from whatever source - it changes the function of the jog wheel. Irritating. Workaround options anyone?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:47 AM - 31 July, 2013
Hi 2.Um.@.X

i checked again with the team and we are able to reproduce this.

I've logged it in our bugtracker now, but i'm not sure yet if this is a software or a firmware issue
Hopefully we'll have a fix for it in a future version.

Thanks for brining this to our attention

Karl Y
2.Um.@.X 2:14 AM - 27 August, 2013
Hello Karl Y.,

I have upgraded my SERATO DJ to v1.3 and I still cannot fix this problem. Am I gonna wait another month for this?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:09 PM - 27 August, 2013
Hello 2.Um.@.X

sorry, but i can't say for sure when exactly this issue will be fixed.

Since other users have reported that they see the same behavior in other software, it is likely to be a firmware issue, and thus something that would probably need fixing from Pioneer's side, though.

Cheers

Karl Y
7:05 AM, 11 Sep 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.