DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Reloop Iq2 midi mixer

Dj Filiano™ 5:08 AM - 13 June, 2013
Had mine for about 1 year now and I'm loving it with the built in effects and midi works with Serato and Traktor. The only problem is that you have to assign the midi controls where the effects controls are and you won't be able to use the effect while using the midi. But other than that, its a decent mixer if you don't have much money to spend.

Anyone else have this mixer??
Electro funk 5:37 PM - 13 July, 2013
Yeah I have the iq2 midi and use traktor with timecode vinyl and use the fx panel in midi mode for cue point triggering / filter n fx
I'm quite happy with the mixer it's great for cutting n scratching , my only bug with it is the extremity of the cut on the eq's
The slightest - movement gives an almost complete cut off
Do u have the same issue ??
I was hoping a new firmware would fix this
As its a -30 cut when you move to ( let's say -10 ) it's almost fully cut and there is no difference between -10 & -30 which is a bit of a bummer for precision eq'ing when mixing but altogether a great value mixer
Even better as I only paid 200 for it cos the guy who bought it originally was a complete doosh and couldn't even hook it up to traktor .... Lol ...!!!!!! My win
Electro funk 5:44 PM - 13 July, 2013
Also a neat trick to get round the limitations that using the fx midi mode presents ( ie limited amount of midi buttons while still using manual faders n eq's etc ... Is
That I program cue points on midi channel 1
And then use different midi channels for looping / traktor fx etc ( ie hold down fx button then turn xparameter to assign midi tochannel 1 to 15
Works really well if ya handy with the mixer and can switch midi channels in the mix !!!
Just wish I knew a way to alter eq'ing to -10 instead of 30
No point even contacting reloop forums cos they are like the lost desert !!!
Bobakiss 12:06 AM - 18 June, 2014
I am having a terrible time trying to update this mixer's firmware.

I tried using my mac (mavericks) and the firmware update wouldn't recognize my IQ2. So I hooked it up to my Win7 work PC; the update said that it worked but now my mixer is completety Bricked. Now I can't get it to change out of Firmware mode(CON 0).
alsuser 2:01 PM - 28 June, 2014
Quote:
I am having a terrible time trying to update this mixer's firmware.

I tried using my mac (mavericks) and the firmware update wouldn't recognize my IQ2. So I hooked it up to my Win7 work PC; the update said that it worked but now my mixer is completety Bricked. Now I can't get it to change out of Firmware mode(CON 0).

I had the same problem this morning when I decided to update the firmware. I first tried my Mac which the Reloop didn't appear in the firmware tool. Then I moved over to a computer which had 64 bit Windows 7 on it and this started to flash the mixer but failed (even though the computer said it was successful).

I managed to fix the issue but using an old laptop which had a 32bit version of Windows 7 on it, installing the drivers and Java 6.17. This time when flashing the mixer, the CON 0 counted right up to 100 and then the mixer sprang to life.

After doing some more searching, it appears that the Java update tool doesn't work properly with 64 bit Java:
support.reloopdj.com
Bobakiss 7:22 AM - 29 June, 2014
OH, I'm gonna try that out as soon I can find a windows PC 32-bit PC I can use. I'll even run a copy on boot camp if I have to.
Bobakiss 9:41 PM - 15 July, 2014
SUCCESS!! I had tried 32-bit XP with no luck. I gave up and exchanged the mixer and requested a newer one that would have the update but I was sent another with v1.35. This time I got the update to "CON 83" but would still fail, even after going back and grabbing Java 6.17.

It was only after changing the IQ2 drivers to v2.9.15 (I had Driver v2.5.53 because it was the top choice and the choices were a little confusing with some broken english) that I was able to get the mixer back to life.

So to clarify, the update DOES work with these settings:

Driver: v2.9.15
Java v6.17

Java 7 should work as long as it's 32bit but google older java versions if it doesn't.
moemoe 1:28 AM - 20 July, 2015
I just got the mixer, I am have an issue with volume controls I am not getting any sound in my speaker or headphones
Dj Filiano™ 2:08 AM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
I just got the mixer, I am have an issue with volume controls I am not getting any sound in my speaker or headphones

@moemoe Could you tell me how you set it up please? Thanks!
Marleymarl 8:04 AM - 22 December, 2015
Hi

just bought a IQ2 midi. I have a couple of questions

Will the MIDI function run on a 2012 macbook pro with yosemite? I cant seem to get it pick up the mixer when plugged in

Also, does anyone else get a high pitched noise when not playing any music? The noise changes when i change the fx selector.

Also getting an intermittent clicking noise which seems to be from the flashing BPM.

Thanks
Marcel
Bobakiss 12:29 PM - 22 December, 2015
You might need to update the firmware.
Marleymarl 3:41 AM - 24 December, 2015
Quote:
You might need to update the firmware.

thanks. Sorry for a silly question, but how do you do that? I have downloaded a driver and plugged the mixer into the USB, but it doesnt pick it up. Do I need to have my computer running in 32bit?
Marleymarl 8:18 AM - 24 December, 2015
Ok I found the firmware download. Just wondering what version of Java to install on a 2012 macbook with yosemite?
Bobakiss 2:24 PM - 24 December, 2015
I never could update the firmware from my mac (probably because osx is 64-bit. You will need to find an old pc with these specs:

Java v6.17

Java 7 should work as long as it's 32bit but google older java versions if it doesn't.
Marleymarl 2:21 AM - 27 December, 2015
Quote:
I never could update the firmware from my mac (probably because osx is 64-bit. You will need to find an old pc with these specs:

Java v6.17

Thanks alot, it worked like a dream. The clicking noise is gone now, but still the high pitched noise slightly when no music playing , I can deal with that though.

Quote:
I'm quite happy with the mixer it's great for cutting n scratching , my only bug with it is the extremity of the cut on the eq's

yeah I agree they are way too sensitivie, I hope they can correct that in firmware updates. I guess I will get used to it tho

Merry xmas everyone : )