DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

newbie to turntable

dj chelo 3:33 PM - 27 October, 2008
hello, i am new to turntable i just want to know about the weight to balance the needle i don't know the name i bought turntable to learn i been using denon 3500 and i want to advance more can anyone help me out with how the turntable work with the weight thanks for the help
djchope 4:21 PM - 27 October, 2008
you say turntable like its a brand or something :P
more weight=scratching
less weight=mixing
adjust it to where you feel comfortable
DCM 5:03 PM - 27 October, 2008
if you have the type of needle and cartridge we could probably be of more help
Crickett 6:49 PM - 27 October, 2008
Chelo, Bro. Do you lean like a?

Sorry couldn't help myself. LOL
DJ-A 6:58 PM - 27 October, 2008
start out by putting the headshell in the tone arm... adjust the weight so that it balances (yes, that means the needle won't be on the record.)

that is where you use the dial on the weight and set it to 0 (zero) that is the starting point for where you add weight.

make since?
dj chelo 4:25 PM - 3 November, 2008
Quote:
Chelo, Bro. Do you lean like a?

Sorry couldn't help myself. LOL

jerk. haha
dj chelo 4:27 PM - 3 November, 2008
Quote:
start out by putting the headshell in the tone arm... adjust the weight so that it balances (yes, that means the needle won't be on the record.)

that is where you use the dial on the weight and set it to 0 (zero) that is the starting point for where you add weight.

make since?

yeah thanks i also look in youtube and it explained basically like that if i am reading it right haha
Mic Terror 7:54 PM - 3 November, 2008
Man I ain't know about balancing my needles for years and would always wonder why my needles would skip, I guess you miss things like that when you teach yourself
DJ-A 8:03 PM - 3 November, 2008
^^ yeah it helps to know people who are willing to help... just sucks how many people are ass holes (no misquote)