Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Deleting tracks from crates.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL4
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
KRISIS 6:03 PM - 1 June, 2013
When ever I delete a track from a crate, it deletes the track completely from serato. I can't find the track in the main crate "ALL" so I have to go into my files again and locate the track and then upload again into sera to. why does this happen?
pueblofunky 6:46 PM - 1 June, 2013
STRG + DEL = Delete from crate only
ALT + DEL = Delete from whole library (ALL)
Konix 8:55 PM - 1 June, 2013
These are the correct keyboard functions;

Ctrl/Cmd + Del = removes from that crate only

Alt+Del = removes from crate(s) and the ALL... crate (entire library)

Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Del = removes from crate(s), ALL... crate, and deletes file off your hard drive
pueblofunky 8:39 AM - 2 June, 2013
Finally:

Never press 3 keys together! It will delete the track(s) from your hard drive WITHOUT ANY WARNING!

It happend to me 2 times during a dj gig:

The first time I had a changed a registry setting that when I delete a file it never will be moved into the trash and deleted immediatley. After pressing 3 keys all tracks were lost. The backup hard disc was at home.

The 2nd time my laptop went "down" during the delete/move process of 20.000 WAV files into the trash. The trash was not big enough to handle 20.000 WAV files and finally deleted also! A partial recovery was not possible, did take a very long time which also went "down" my laptop and the running Serato software too.

I went home without any money.

I wish Serato would add a securtiy question. A simple window with "Are you sure?".

I don't understand where is the problem to do that!

I've really thought about to leave Serato because I was really very very angry at that time!
KRISIS 9:18 PM - 23 July, 2013
Guys thank you so much. You have helped me a lot.. I have some unwated crates on my lap top and i couldnt delete them because it would delete from both crates and all. thank you again