Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

how to keep all my crates up to date on both my laptops in serato

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
mark_ 5:52 PM - 30 May, 2013
I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP BOTH MY LAPTOPS SERATO MUSIC CRATES ALL THE SAME ..I PUT NEW MUSIC IN ONE OF MY LAPTOPS SOMETIMES THREE TIME A WEEK. SO THE OTHER ONE IS NOT AS UPDATED AS THE FIRST LAPTOP. WHAT IS THE EASY WAY TO MAKE THE SECOND LAPTOPS MUSIC CRATES UP TO DATE. AND KEEP THEM UP TO DATE. WHEN ADDING LOTS OF MUSIC IN DIFFERENT CRATES OF THE FIRST ONE.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 7:44 PM - 31 May, 2013
Moving your Music Library to an External HD will allow you to connect that External HD to any computer that has Scratch Live installed and your Library will show up.

You could also copy the Music/Crates from the first computer to the second computer.

All of the steps to moving a library are found here: serato.com
pueblofunky 9:02 AM - 2 June, 2013
I recommend to add short cuts of the crates by adding them into the GROUPING tag. Based on that content you can create SMART CRATES.

E.g.

CRHS1 = crate "House 1"
CRHS2 = crate "House 2"

Write the following into the GROUPING tag: "CRHS1" or "CRHS2" or "CRHS1, CRHS2".

Create a smart crate "House 1" with the condition "GROUPING contains "CRHS1". The same with CRHS2.

Smart crates are stored in the main music folder of your PC only and not on your external hard disc. Manually copy the smart crates files to your laptop main music folder.

The content is stored in the files itself. You should never loose the information if you delete a crate by accident.

You can also crate a normal crate, select + copy all files from a smart crate into a normal crate. Then you can create a tree with the crates.
mark_ 9:07 PM - 2 June, 2013
wow!.. Ok it looks like using the smart crates will be the best way to get this done. I will try it out this week. Thanks for the info. pueblofunky