Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

macbook pro set up ?

djchrischip 8:34 PM - 22 October, 2008
I have had VSl for approx 3 and a half months and never set it up 2 a tv system yet.

Basically I want to go from my DVI out into a another cable prob the rca one on a TV.

What cable do I need and where should i get it and how much is a decent price

Also how do u drag the VSL output window into the secondary dispaly?

Also I never messed with the effects yet will that add alot of cpu usage to my system...

I hav a couple more questions just don't have time to post them...

I tried to search for like an hour and no where in the forum was there answers. I also tried the manual but really didn't get it to much.
DjWoody 8:41 PM - 22 October, 2008
You need the DVI to S-Video/Composite adapter from Apple. It's only $19. You can buy it at any Apple Store, Radio Shack, Best Buy or Electronics store.

store.apple.com
DJ_ AfterShok 10:24 PM - 22 October, 2008
that adapter makes miricles :-)
Serato
Josh 11:40 PM - 22 October, 2008
check out this how-to on setting up a secondary display :)

serato.com
djchrischip 2:35 AM - 23 October, 2008
thanks josh if i have any more ?s il look it up
DJ-A 3:01 PM - 28 October, 2008
Quote:
check out this how-to on setting up a secondary display :)

serato.com

I havent seen a way to fun from the computer to a monitor for myself, and also to another video source.

it would be nice to have something larger to see what is being played everywhere else
dj vmb 5:53 PM - 28 October, 2008
DJ-A 8:50 PM - 28 October, 2008
how about somewhere to get long cable at a decent price?
dj vmb 9:34 PM - 28 October, 2008
a gay whorehouse...?

I'm not sure about the long cable. I've heard the type and gauge of the wire makes a difference in the ouput quality of the video. I really haven't tried different wires out though. I will this weekend and get back to you.
DJ-A 9:42 PM - 28 October, 2008
i'm using a MBP and a converter to S-Video and about 50 ft of cable. it may be the bulb for the projector, but it seems like the colors are washed out for video, but the thing that confuses me is that other imput sorces seem to have better color
Rebelguy 12:02 AM - 29 October, 2008
I am using a DVI to HDMI adapter then using a signal amplifier to run lengths of up to 75' over HDMI and then back to another DVI adapter. Signal looks really clean. I can only assume it looks better when we are able to use .vob files.
DJ-A 4:02 AM - 29 October, 2008
Quote:
I am using a DVI to HDMI adapter then using a signal amplifier to run lengths of up to 75' over HDMI and then back to another DVI adapter. Signal looks really clean. I can only assume it looks better when we are able to use .vob files.

is it possible for you to bypass the amp to check to see how clear it is for me? i'm curious if an amp will cure my problem
dvdj havoc 4:20 AM - 29 October, 2008
i just got this product in today. its made by shinybow. its an rca one input nine output its powered by an adapter. i ran it to all my tv's and projecters. six out of nine and the signal is high quality. it cos 120 with next day shipping the box itself is only 90 bucks. what i just realized what they are used for. its meant for cars or trucks with alot of screens so if there is a car audio shop near you try to see if they have something like it. oh and i buy all a/v rca s-video wires from altex. they are a great price and carry great signals