DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Is Rane Working On A Newer Model Mixer For SSL?

DJ_Gonzo 2:22 AM - 17 October, 2008
Hello all...I have been using SSL for the past near year and loving it! I also use VDJ, but I use VDJ mainly for my cocktail/dinner music as it has gapless playing capability. I also use VDJ for my video mixing and during the video mixing I'll use VDJ with either my Hercules RMX or with my Pioneer CDJ-800s.

At any rate....as you can see, I'm using two different softwares when I want to DJ and VJ. Sure, I can use VDJ to meet these two needs, but I've grown to use SSL and I have my beatmixing with it down pretty well. Plus, I still cannot manage to get my SSL Crates to appear when I'm using VDJ...

I have talked to a couple of friends who are using the TTM 57SL mixer and they are loving it. After talking to both of these gentlemen and learning a bit more about the mixer with Mr. Zach Stone, at Rane, I'm seriously considering purchasing this mixer.

The question I have is...do any of you know if Rane has already started work on a newer model mixer that will be used with SSL just as the TTM 57SL is? If so, I'd like to know if Rane is looking at introducing this newer model within the next year. I'd rather not pay $1,200+ for a mixer if a newer model will be hitting the streets a few months down the road.

I'm not in a big rush to pick up this mixer, but it sure would be nice to start DJing/VJing with it. ;-)

Please let me know any details that you may have.

Thanks
kaos456 11:36 PM - 18 October, 2008
i was thinking the same thing. just my luck when i buy the 57 a new better & one will come out.
DJ-A 4:44 PM - 3 November, 2008
i'm guessing it would sell for 1700 +
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:21 PM - 4 November, 2008
Hey Gonzo,

Rane is a hardware developer so I'm sure something will be put out in the future but know that the TTM57 was built to last just like all of our other mixers.
We're not a company that relies on fast turnaround and will ditch a model as soon as the next thing comes out.
With that said... when we do come out with another unit it won't be competing with the 57. Buy the mixer! You will not be disappointed!
Mic Terror 2:43 PM - 5 November, 2008
I bought the 57 and it was one of my best investments. If you don't already have a performance mixer I wouldn't think twice about it. I don't have to worry about carrying the sl1 and a mixer and forgetting anything. I like the whole all in one feel and I got an extended warranty just in case anything happens to it.
DJ dVO 2:50 PM - 7 November, 2008
I hope this new product has built-in FX and assignable MIDI controls that can be used with any existing DJ softwares out there. *pray* *pray*
Imfamous G 5:53 PM - 8 November, 2008
Yo Dvo,If ya do ya homework on the mixer it can do all that and then some I use my akai beat machine as a midi control and I can tell you that The way rane built the ttm57 I dont think I would want to switch based on there rep and damn if you mix on it you wont find a mixer that would compete,good luck bro
djchrischip 1:47 AM - 18 November, 2008
zach r u hinting at a secret 4 channel mixer under development?
Mr.Nice 7:32 AM - 18 November, 2008
The Empath 58 SL - 3 channel Serato mixer...

still dreaming :)
djchrischip 9:39 AM - 18 November, 2008
the 4 channel one would be sweet!!!
BriChi 8:23 PM - 18 November, 2008
i just want a rotary 57 PLEASE!!!!!!! :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:28 PM - 18 November, 2008
Full touch screen, solar powered, wireless Bluetooth mixer. No faders, no knobs, no buttons, no cables and all awesome!
DJ-A 11:17 PM - 18 November, 2008
Quote:
Full touch screen, solar powered, wireless Bluetooth mixer. No faders, no knobs, no buttons, no cables and all awesome!

No Shit? That's pretty crazy. Still built like a tank right?

How's the testing going?
djchrischip 11:39 PM - 18 November, 2008
lmao shaun but seriously maybe perhaps a shot on the SVM 1000 please!!!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:55 PM - 18 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

How's the testing going?

Testing is going great. The wireless and touch screen features don't work, but I doubt people will notice ;)
djchrischip 12:09 AM - 19 November, 2008
lol seriously shaun please make a ttm that will kick the SVM/ DJM butt
DJ-A 3:34 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How's the testing going?

Testing is going great. The wireless and touch screen features don't work, but I doubt people will notice ;)

cool, at least the indoor solar power is working
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:58 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How's the testing going?

cool, at least the indoor solar power is working

During the day (by a window) it's good, but at night it's kind of a problem. Who DJ's at night anyway?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:00 PM - 19 November, 2008
Quote:
lol seriously shaun please make a ttm that will kick the SVM/ DJM butt

I feel ya man :)
skinnyguy 6:50 PM - 19 November, 2008
touch screen?!?! ooooooooh!! i will so kick ass on pong now!!!

but seriously, my current 19" pioneer djm3000 is about due for a replacement...so make it fit in a coffin please. either that or make vsl work with the sl1.