Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Option not to modify files on certain drives

nik39 10:50 PM - 29 June, 2004
Hi,

I think its important to have an option so that mp3s are not modified at all on certain drives. Background is simple: Imagine I plug an external drive with some mp3s, and I want to use them with SSL but I also want to use the autofill-overview function BUT I dont want SSL to store the "stripes" (track-overview) data into the mp3s, I dont want the mp3 files to be altered at all. I think this one makes sense.
Serato
Josh 11:28 PM - 29 June, 2004
What about just modifying the attributes on those files and set them to "read only"?
nik39 2:29 AM - 30 June, 2004
Hm imagine this was an external harddisk from my friend, I neither want to mess his settings nor do I want to alter his files at all, thats the main reason behind it. I think SSL had the potential so that djs can simply bring their external harddisk and with all the automatic crates stuff djs can share one system in the club, means we dont have to plugin two laptops in. And yes therefore this feature would make sense.
Serato
Josh 2:36 AM - 30 June, 2004
yeah sounds good, perhaps a lock icon next to each drive as it's mounted/mapped which you have to click in order to do anything except play the files on it?
nik39 2:41 AM - 30 June, 2004
Yeah, something like this, sounds good :-) . And as posted on another thread maybe also an option to disable scanning certain drives/folders (drives is enough for me, dont know if we have to go down to folders)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 7:31 AM - 30 June, 2004
BTW the "scanning" is just checking for the file /.ScratchLIVE/database - not looking through any other folders on the disk
avin 3:11 AM - 30 November, 2012
Hi i currently upgraded to rane 61 and cdj 2000's.

However via usb link. The players sometime dropout and i have to re select the players. I was told by serato this is a glitch with hid mode. Is anyone having this issue.

And to serato do you plan to fix this in your next update.

These equipt ate vet costly. I dont wish yo revert to timecode cd.

Pls fix.

Regards

Avin
nik39 10:12 PM - 30 November, 2012
And what does this have to do with this thread?
avin 11:11 AM - 3 December, 2012
Im asking if anyone had this problem my freind... jeeez
nik39 11:38 AM - 3 December, 2012
You're in the wrong start. Start a new thread instead of hijacking other threads, which have nothing to do with your issue. Or do you go to a car mechanics and start to yell "two burgers please"? ;)
nik39 11:44 AM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:
You're in the wrong start

You're in the wrong thread.
pueblofunky 10:42 PM - 3 December, 2012
@nik39,

in Explorer select the foreign drive and right click, select properties, select security tab, select edit, in the new windows - I think you are admin on your pc - select "Administrators", on the column "deny" select "write".

It takes a few seconds for all the settings (10-15 s for my 15.000 files?). Serato was playing the current music without any problems!

After that you are not able to write/update the files on this drive anymore - which includes Serato which runs under your user (and if your are admin).

To allow it - remove the selected "Deny" marker.

I'm not sure yet - you might be also able to select "Users" instead of "Administrators". One "Deny" overrules the "Allow".

Just tested with Windows 7 + external NTFS drive.

The overview, tags, etc. should be visible in Serato until you stop Serato.

You can also select a folder and not the full drive.

E.g. if all your music files are in "M:\Music", than Serato is still able to update "M:\_Serato_".

If you select the folder Serato might show more info when you restart. You have to try.

AND: Try it at home - never in the club! ;-)
nik39 5:28 AM - 4 December, 2012
Thanks for the efforts but you have missed the point ;) . None of the files will remember their cue points and overviews.
pueblofunky 4:47 PM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
Thanks for the efforts but you have missed the point ;) . None of the files will remember their cue points and overviews.

I've thought the files on the external hard disc of your friend shouldn't be updated - or the info neen't be there anymore for the next gig.
nik39 6:08 PM - 4 December, 2012
You're right. I didn't specially said that I want cue points to stay, matter of fact it sounded like I didn't want to alter the files at all.

Please forgive me... But this request is more than 8 years old. Haha!

Zooooombie!
avin 1:30 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
You're in the wrong start. Start a new thread instead of hijacking other threads, which have nothing to do with your issue. Or do you go to a car mechanics and start to yell "two burgers please"? ;)

Asshole we all use serato...its either you can give give info...if noy shut the fuck up and have notjing to say....fuck off....jeeez.
nik39 5:29 AM - 5 December, 2012
You don't seem to understand, do you?