Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

AV DISTRICT

phil F 1:54 AM - 23 May, 2013
hi guys

Any one else seen this new AV district site??

I'm quite happy with Xtendamix to be honest, but wondering peoples opinions?

Phil
nik39 11:26 AM - 23 May, 2013
I am surprised how they got hold of my email address. It's an address which I did not post anywhere.... Weird.
Code:E 4:53 PM - 23 May, 2013
I haven't looked at it yet. I'm kinda waiting for other player to enter the market 1st. I really love xtendamix, but it is lacking in the tools and remix category.
DjFuentes82 12:59 AM - 24 May, 2013
I tried it but they only have about 1000 videos. Haven't download any videos so I can't offer any opinions in the quality yet.
djs1 12:23 AM - 25 May, 2013
I signed up for it, personally I like it. It fills the holes in my specialty video category. Their edits are high quality. The only gripe I have is their price for their small plan. But they have a ton of creative stuff
phatbob 12:48 AM - 25 May, 2013
I got the email too... Again, not quite sure how they got it.

I'd be interested to check the site out, but I don't seem to be able to do so without setting up a login... Giving them even more personal info.

EFF dat.
djpuma_gemini 1:23 AM - 25 May, 2013
no email here.
safe.woohoo
DJMark 1:27 AM - 25 May, 2013
Quote:

Same here.

I don't much like "creepy".

Not a good introduction.

Ditto for their forum-spam some weeks back.
DJRemixEnt 1:09 PM - 25 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Same here.

I don't much like "creepy".

Not a good introduction.

Ditto for their forum-spam some weeks back.

same here... that's what i was talkin about in the other thread... non-legit mofos who straight up lie and say they are legit. you cant trust em with the personal info... i was shocked to see an email in my inbox from them. i never signed up anything with them, where the hell did they get my email address from?
DJRemixEnt 1:10 PM - 25 May, 2013
Quote:
but I don't seem to be able to do so without setting up a login... Giving them even more personal info.

EFF dat.

^this
DJMark 11:10 PM - 25 May, 2013
Quote:
non-legit mofos who straight up lie and say they are legit. you cant trust em with the personal info...

They'll get plenty of critical-thinking-impaired suckers, I'm afraid.

Still LOL-ing on their "licensed world-wide" claim. So is anyone else who has any clue what's involved with licensing.
djpuma_gemini 1:34 AM - 26 May, 2013
If smash, xtendamix or promo only hasn't gone worldwide, I highly doubt anyone else could, or could before one of those guys do.
DJMark 1:51 AM - 26 May, 2013
Quote:
If smash, xtendamix or promo only hasn't gone worldwide, I highly doubt anyone else could, or could before one of those guys do.

Aside from that, the guy pimping that service never provided any reasonable answers.
phil F 3:12 AM - 26 May, 2013
I'm gonna guess its an ex employee of one of the other suppliers that swiped the email log before leaving..
Code:E 3:14 AM - 26 May, 2013
Quote:
I'm gonna guess its an ex employee of one of the other suppliers that swiped the email log before leaving..

Never thought of that. If that is the case someone has a very good claim against them.

It could be they also trolled these forums for months and got emails from here, FB, twitter, and any other online place you could imagine.
phil F 3:15 AM - 26 May, 2013
thats a shed load of work though to compile that info.
Code:E 3:34 AM - 26 May, 2013
Quote:
thats a shed load of work though to compile that info.

If it was me and I owned a company looking to generat more business it is very worth the time and money to pay someone todo that.
DJRemixEnt 4:00 AM - 26 May, 2013
Quote:

haha...that was my first thought too when i saw this thread, and then saw the email in my inbox

even more reason not to trust them with my shit.

Quote:
Aside from that, the guy pimping that service never provided any reasonable answers.

tru... he got called out and then disappeared like a ghost..... suspect!
djpuma_gemini 5:35 PM - 26 May, 2013
I didn't get an email and I'm a member of both, so I Doubt it's that.
Could be from twitter/facebook/serato etc.
djpuma_gemini 5:37 PM - 26 May, 2013
nevermind, I did get an email from them.
Millz 4:29 PM - 28 May, 2013
I signed up just to peep it out, and I'm not gonna lie, they have some quality stuff and its saving me time from having to edit alot of the mixes they are already doing.
Millz 4:30 PM - 28 May, 2013
(without all the wack ass hype that other services have for the same remixes)
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:35 PM - 28 May, 2013
Quote:

I'd be interested to check the site out, but I don't seem to be able to do so without setting up a login... Giving them even more personal info.

EFF dat.

I got the email to, im guessing it was complied from the email list of one of the djs who offered private edits
djnak 6:59 PM - 28 May, 2013
Quote:
I signed up just to peep it out, and I'm not gonna lie, they have some quality stuff and its saving me time from having to edit alot of the mixes they are already doing.

+1 had to see what the hype was about....quality edits,HD and tagless....kinda curious to see how they progress
DjFuentes82 2:11 AM - 29 May, 2013
I dont know if its only happening to me but the downloads are reaaallllyyyyy slow. I tried Vj-Pro thinking it might be the connection but it downloaded fine.
Anyone else this is happening to....
Rebelguy 2:12 AM - 29 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1 had to see what the hype was about....quality edits,HD and tagless....kinda curious to see how they progress

I would say get it now while you can. They can only dodge the cease and desist letters for so long before they are ultimately shut down by their own choosing or the labels.
Culprit 7:33 PM - 29 May, 2013
I too experienced slowness with the website. I have not tried any downloads yet. Anyone got the metadata of one of the videos by any chance?
Eric N 5:18 PM - 30 May, 2013
I joined. Dope, tagless edits. Mostly EDM. Found a bunch of killer drum n bass and "bass music" videos to add to my collection. If they get shut down, they get shut down... but if you want some non-top40 stuff to spice up your library, it's worth the $20.
DJ DisGrace 6:14 PM - 30 May, 2013
Do I really need to "apply" to get access to this? smdh
DJRemixEnt 6:25 PM - 30 May, 2013
Quote:

lol...the irony
DJ DisGrace 6:35 PM - 30 May, 2013
Quote:

Instant approval! Let's see what the hype is about
DJ Tecniq 7:58 AM - 31 May, 2013
Was curious how they got my email as well. I posted on their fb webpage and someone contacted me immediately private pm. Checked their content and it looks legit. Still wondering who the site owner is or if they were established management with a previous pool. I know very little but they are based in Italy apparently what I didn't expect.
ClubBusta 6:18 PM - 3 June, 2013
and no i dont work for them i am not italian lol
Maskrider 6:39 AM - 6 June, 2013
I got an email to and thinking that its affiliated to one of my video pool providers. ..creepy
Sandy_VJ 5:23 PM - 6 June, 2013
The quality of the Edits and content are very good.
Also each Video has a accurate full fadeout to black which xtenda and also promo Only sadly do not overall offer which is a huge lack from my opinion. Audio is great too here.
The Videos are native if this is important to anyone.
What misses is a 100 Videos / Month Subscription sheme. 50 is too less for me, 200 too much at the moment if you do not want all and everything quickedit, Introedits and so on.
Downloadspeeds are fast , previews are including the full tracks and you see what you already downloaded.
ta2423 5:36 PM - 6 June, 2013
Im wondering if they paid to get all of our emails. Serato's mailroom guy needed some extra dough? Thers a connection somewhere.
phatbob 6:46 PM - 6 June, 2013
The mail I got was to a different email than the one I use for Serato.com.

More likely to be from one of those older pools that got shut down.
ClubBusta 8:02 PM - 6 June, 2013
what i'm seeing is price I can live with and the quality blows dt and vj creep and those other knuckelheads out the place renders are correct and cuts are clean thank you avdistrict however the f**k you got my email. lol! they are no vjpro but they are a great add on
ta2423 8:29 PM - 6 June, 2013
yourremix is the only one I was attached to that was shut down. 8th which I haven't used in years is the only other one I can think of. Not like I am mad or anything. There were a couple of other sites that posted in here a year or two back that everyone immediately shot down that asked for an email to see their stuff but never made it passed that. Obviously going to try them out for a month and see if they keep up with what I want to continue membership.
ClubBusta 8:58 PM - 6 June, 2013
im happy so far and i am not easily impressed hard to finds and works for me not sweating the email controversy beats slumming in the ratchet sites
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:28 PM - 7 June, 2013
Its definatly the email list from a pool because i recieved an email to two seperate accounts and i almost never use the second email but there were a few times i had issues with an account and had to use the second email to register
DJ DisGrace 3:46 PM - 7 June, 2013
Quote:
Its definatly the email list from a pool because i recieved an email to two seperate accounts and i almost never use the second email but there were a few times i had issues with an account and had to use the second email to register

yea, the email they sent was to my personal account, not my 'dj' account. Can't figure out exactly which email I used for which pools over the years, unfortunately...
Code:E 10:55 PM - 7 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

yea, the email they sent was to my personal account, not my 'dj' account. Can't figure out exactly which email I used for which pools over the years, unfortunately...

They could have done more sleuthing than that. For most of us on here we have links to other social accounts which if dug though hard enough can be traced to other social account and I'm sure we have our emails somewhere.

As far as pools or any musics sites though i have only every bought stuff from crooklyn clan, beatport. smash vidz (before i got kicked for being canadian), and xtendamix.
Billy G 9:15 PM - 17 May, 2015
One of their mixers is from a prominent video service. facebook. instagram and other music services do sell their email info for a price. serato included. From what I have seen they have over 6,000 videos now and the quality is very good. Better then most. The files download slow at times because many of their videos are real "HD" and are 160 megabytes plus. The audio is higher quality too. Being a video editor myself I can vouch for them. Some of their remixes though need intros, if I have to point something out. $30 for unlimited downloads per month is fine. you can always cancel. I don't work for them, nor do I have any bias towards them. Just stating the facts. Stop this crap about personal info, all you mofos give out your info like water, your all djs. basic stuff, name, dj name, social network or web site, that's it. They then approve you or not and you can preview everything w/o paying. Once your comfortable, you pay the $30 per paypal or credit card, etc. simple, just like you do w/other sites.
Billy G 9:17 PM - 17 May, 2015
I also think they have something w/smashvids...