DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

technic 1200's

Thomasrunning 8:42 PM - 21 May, 2013
Okay I've finally found a pair of technic 1200's they are mk5's. I'm not really familiar with turntables and the different models. Any insight would be helpful and aslo mixer choice, thinking rane 62 but yeah Iike I said this is uncharted territory for me. I use a controller and serato dj and mess around on some old gemini turntables and mixer. I dont want to not know how to dj on vinly, I'm doing it ass backwards but im doing it. Anyhow would appreciate any advice.
DJ Reflex 10:56 PM - 21 May, 2013
The RANE mixer is a good choice simply because of the Serato integration. I don't have extensive use of controllers, but a little bit of practice will go a long way. Keep in mind that TT's and controllers have different advantages and downfalls. Try out some of the techniques you've used on your controller now on the 1200's and see how you can replicate the effects (scratching, spin-back, pitch control, etc). You may find that certain effects were easier with the controller, but new ones will come into use with turntables.
Thomasrunning 12:32 PM - 2 June, 2013
Quote:
The RANE mixer is a good choice simply because of the Serato integration. I don't have extensive use of controllers, but a little bit of practice will go a long way. Keep in mind that TT's and controllers have different advantages and downfalls. Try out some of the techniques you've used on your controller now on the 1200's and see how you can replicate the effects (scratching, spin-back, pitch control, etc). You may find that certain effects were easier with the controller, but new ones will come into use with turntables.

Is there anything I should be looking for when I buy them? There second-hand so I'm not sure how to make sure they are good to go before I make the purchase.
djbanno 2:52 AM - 3 June, 2013
Thomasrunning 3:55 PM - 4 June, 2013

Thanks for the video link, really helpful.
djbanno 11:00 AM - 5 June, 2013
No probs mate, check out ellaskins other youtube vids for technics related info; you may also want to search a dude named viperfrank who drops the knowledge as well.