Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

The Pioneer after some time of playing dont reacting to the pitch bend at all

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj Delta-Vita 10:52 AM - 19 May, 2013
The Pioneer after some time of playing dont reacting to the pitch bend (side of the platter) at all.Even if the vinyl mode is off or on...and if i touch the pllater on it is like a scrolling inside the entire song....this is happening randomly at all decks....last night at gig it starts with the 2 deck...then the 4th and then with the 1...i also niticed that the cpu light was flashing but the cpu bar was normal (all left)...is very annoying and i playing every night music with this problem....Is never happened to another pioneer user before ?

My laptop specs
Macbook pro 15.4 late 2011
4 Gb memory
Intel i7 @ 2.4 quad core
intel 3000
Amd Radeon HD 6770M 1Gb
Dj Delta-Vita 7:22 AM - 20 May, 2013
All this happening when i use sync button...last night without sync was allright for 3 hours...after i pushed sync after some time the right jog dialer became like crazy Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Delta-Vita 7:43 AM - 20 May, 2013
I forgot to say i am running osx 10.8.3...
No one have this issue before ? thats strange...i want to know if it is hardware problem !
Dj Delta-Vita 9:37 PM - 20 May, 2013
New video....is a mess !!! Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Delta-Vita 3:28 PM - 21 May, 2013
I confirm that Behavior starts if you are start using tha sync buttons !!! with out sync tha pioneer reacts normally !!!
Dj Delta-Vita 9:56 AM - 22 May, 2013
No one gonna help ?
Asu 6:46 PM - 22 May, 2013
sounds like you have faulty firmware...re-download and re-flash.

Also make sure you have one software running not two...guys have tried using other software with serato dj open,you'll get nothing but problems.
Dj Delta-Vita 6:49 PM - 22 May, 2013
Hello Asu and thank you for the reply...i hare re-downloaded and re flashed 10 times...i've tryed win and mac...nothing !!! the macbook pro i am using is fresh installation !...nothing running at the background at all !!!
Asu 6:50 PM - 22 May, 2013
you may also need to re-install Serato DJ...i have the same firmware and serato DJ 1.2 with no problems
Asu 6:51 PM - 22 May, 2013
is the DDJ-SX new? if so maybe faulty...
Dj Delta-Vita 6:51 PM - 22 May, 2013
i have install all versions of serato dj.....nothing....after i press sync buttons after couple of minutes start tha behavior
Dj Delta-Vita 6:52 PM - 22 May, 2013
thats why i need a reply from serato team to let me know what will i do !!! yes is new !!!
Asu 6:56 PM - 22 May, 2013
oh yeah flash with 1.07 uninstall serato DJ using app zapper for mac...reboot and re-install serato DJ...if you still have issues then the controller maybe faulty or damaged.

Maybe someone spilled something on it?
Asu 6:57 PM - 22 May, 2013
Well if it's new then that's a Pioneer problem not Serato....if you just bought it,then return it asap to where you bought it from...it shouldn't act like that...that's a hardware issue not software.
Dj Delta-Vita 7:00 PM - 22 May, 2013
I have bought pioneer end of 2012...no gigs yet....i am use it at home....no even a single dust on it !!!
Dj Delta-Vita 8:13 PM - 22 May, 2013
did it...after some time i hade the same reaction to the right deck
Dj Delta-Vita 8:18 PM - 22 May, 2013
then if a turf of serato dj and i re-open it everything becomes normaly till i press sync on several songs
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:46 PM - 22 May, 2013
Hey Dj Delta-Vita,

Sorry for the late reply, we have been very busy working through the backlog of threads. Sounds like you have tried most things. I'd try testing to see if it is the hardware unit. Try connecting your DDJ-SX to another computer and do some tests. If it still seems to be showing the same issues i'd take it back to the shop you brought it from. If it's behaviorally normally let me know and we can dig deeper.

Regards
Dave W
Asu 11:04 PM - 22 May, 2013
Hey Delta,i bought mine around the same time,it's still fine...done plenty of gigs with it.

but if all is well before you push sync button,then it sounds like a communication problem/HID/MIDI command conflict or that button maybe faulty or sticky...either way,the controller comes with a warranty from Pioneer so if i were you,I'd submit a ticket with them....they should resolve the issue for you.

Call them up asap.
Dj Delta-Vita 7:43 AM - 23 May, 2013
I did it before i buy the macbook and i have the same behavior...so i thought it was a windows bug......what should i do now ? :(
Dj Delta-Vita 8:07 AM - 23 May, 2013
i am starting work in a club on monday and how can i replace the ddj sx if i play music every night ?
Asu 12:15 PM - 23 May, 2013
Well you need to return it after your gig...just don't use sync at all
Dj Delta-Vita 12:17 PM - 23 May, 2013
the point is that from monday i will use it every night
Asu 12:21 PM - 23 May, 2013
you may have to extend your range just a little bit...maybe 8-10% and use pitch bending to keep eveything properly lined up...i do it all the time....very easy with the DDJ-SX cause it's very presice.

you can DJ without snyc until when you decide to return it...but you should return it asap....get one of the smaller serato DJ controllers in the meantime and then when you get the New SX you return the smaller controller....buy from AmericanMusicalSupply online,they have a 45day return policy.

Either way you have to return the defective unit.
Dj Delta-Vita 12:24 PM - 23 May, 2013
thanx Asu.....waiting email frome the shop i bought it and the pioneer.eu
Asu 12:28 PM - 23 May, 2013
Your welcome,are you in europe? noticed the .eu AMS may not be the best option for you but the idea still should help you keep working as you wait for a new controller as you use a cheaper option till you get your new DDJ-SX
Dj Delta-Vita 12:28 PM - 23 May, 2013
i am from Crete Greece
Asu 12:31 PM - 23 May, 2013
cool,Good luck buddy...hope everything is resolved quickly
Dj Delta-Vita 12:34 PM - 23 May, 2013
Thanx Asu...hope so...
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:44 PM - 23 May, 2013
Thanks for the support on this one Asu, DJ Delta-Vita, sounds like a difficult situation. Hopefully they can just replace it for you. Good luck!

Regards
Dave
Dj Delta-Vita 9:46 PM - 23 May, 2013
The point is Dave...should i say to them to replace or to fix it ?
Asu 9:49 PM - 23 May, 2013
Just tell them what's wrong and they'll let you know how to proceed
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:01 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:
Just tell them what's wrong and they'll let you know how to proceed
Dj Delta-Vita 12:09 PM - 25 May, 2013
I went to the service today...i saw them the problem,and they let me know on Monday...i told them i want to replace it with a new one...let see what will happen. !
Asu 3:31 PM - 25 May, 2013
Good for sir,hope it all works out
Serato, Support
David Wood 11:35 PM - 26 May, 2013
Hopefully they can sort it without to much hassle. Good to hear.
Dj Delta-Vita 10:10 AM - 28 May, 2013
Ok....they call me and today i send it at Athens at head office of Pioneer....they want to see if the unit is clear ( no drink on it) and etc....pfffff let see
Serato, Support
David Wood 8:14 PM - 28 May, 2013
Thanks for the update Dj Delta-Vita, fingers crossed.
Dj Delta-Vita 10:43 AM - 4 June, 2013
They saying to me from Pioneer at Athens tha pioneer never make a replacement to a unit...only repair...is this true ?
Serato, Support
David Wood 8:44 PM - 4 June, 2013
Sorry I wouldn't know those kind of details. We mainly just deal with the software solutions.

Regards
Dave W
Dj Delta-Vita 8:47 PM - 4 June, 2013
Quote:
Sorry I wouldn't know those kind of details. We mainly just deal with the software solutions.

Regards
Dave W

They are trying to say to me that is software problem !!!
Asu 9:25 PM - 4 June, 2013
I think pioneer repairs the unit...returns it to you,or if it's a reject from a store,then sells them as refurbished...but here in the USA,when not satisfied,you can return it within 30days - 45days of buying, back to the store where you bought it...i don't know about Europe or Greece.
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:26 PM - 4 June, 2013
If it's happening on more than one computer it sounds more hardware related. Have they not been able to reproduce the issue?
Dj Delta-Vita 9:27 PM - 4 June, 2013
Yes, they have reproduce the issue
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:30 PM - 4 June, 2013
And they are saying its software related? Thats not happening to other people so sounds hardware related.
Asu 9:32 PM - 4 June, 2013
well if they have reproduced the issue then it's a UNIT problem and they'll get you another one trust me...that looks like the communication channels are all mixed up on a hardware level...

Serato only receives information from the controller and reacts accordingly.

I'm going to congratulate you ahead of time on receiving a replacement controller :-)
Dj Delta-Vita 12:32 PM - 8 June, 2013
Ok today i reiceved back from Athens my Ddj-sx....tonight i am sterting djing in a club so till Pioneer Athens finds a solution i will not touch the sync buttons... :(
Asu 7:32 PM - 8 June, 2013
so they sent it back the same??? aren't they supposed to resolve the issue for you? fix it for you before they send it back?

you better call pioneer and complain again before your warranty runs out...there's a problem it seems with the unit...
Dj Delta-Vita 8:35 AM - 9 June, 2013
They know is a problem but they dont know what they will do because they are face it first time...they send it back without fix it,,,,i couldnt wait any more because i started gigs on Friday
Asu 12:16 PM - 9 June, 2013
well that's not a good reason,u paid for a unit that needs to be fully operational,call PIONEER,they need to fix it or replace it because it's under warranty.

get a smaller serato dj controller and return it when they fix the SX
Dj Delta-Vita 9:55 AM - 10 June, 2013
still waiting for an answe from the Pioneer
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:39 AM - 13 May, 2014
How did you go with this? Any updates?
Dj Delta-Vita 10:08 AM - 13 May, 2014
No Dave W they returned to me my pioneer ddj sx with no fix at all !!! the issue still remaing
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:08 PM - 13 May, 2014
That is disappointing to hear that. I'd like to help however i'm not sure if this issue can be solved in software. It seems to be happening on other computers too so it's not a good sign.
How often does it happen now?

Regards
Dave W
Dj Delta-Vita 10:15 PM - 13 May, 2014
it happens everytime even with mac or windows !!!
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:26 PM - 13 May, 2014
Are you now running the latest version of Serato DJ 1.6.2?
Dj Delta-Vita 10:30 PM - 13 May, 2014
Yes all the time
Asu 3:10 AM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:
Yes all the time

just DJ without sync then...just like scratch live...seems like that's your only solution
Dj Delta-Vita 11:34 AM - 14 May, 2014
I djing since 1988 with turntables ... so i dont think i opened this thread on Pioneer Hardware Help to improve my skills....is a bug and they have to find a solution ;)
Asu 12:01 AM - 15 May, 2014
Quote:
I djing since 1988 with turntables ... so i don't think i opened this thread on Pioneer Hardware Help to improve my skills....is a bug and they have to find a solution ;)

meant no harm bro...just looks like a hardware problem caused by pushing that button...i only meant you should avoid it,the sx is probably out of warranty anyway.

is it possible to check your midi xml file...maybe the issue is there
Dj Delta-Vita 1:59 AM - 15 May, 2014
is it possible to check your midi xml file...maybe the issue is there...

No worrys mare ;) where can i found this file on mac ?
Asu 4:06 AM - 15 May, 2014
Quote:
is it possible to check your midi xml file...maybe the issue is there...

No worrys mare ;) where can i found this file on mac ?

i think it's in the music folder/serato/xml but not sure if you can edit it...maybe someone from serato can chime in
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:58 AM - 19 May, 2014
Yeah maybe you could use this program MIDI Monitor to check that the messages being sent from the controller are correct: www.snoize.com

Here is on how you should go about this: serato.com
Dj Delta-Vita 1:19 PM - 21 May, 2014
ok i will check it and will tell you later on
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:29 AM - 22 May, 2014
Sounds good.
Dj Delta-Vita 11:25 AM - 22 May, 2014
ok Dave, look how to get this behavior to your ddj-sx

1) load 2 tracks in left and right
2) then press sync in both of decks
then press and hold in both decks the shift button and press twice the sync button to un synchronize complete the songs.
touch now the right platter...if the behavior is normal then (as should it be) replay all this from step 2 one more time and see whats going on
if you cant do it tomorrow or tonight i will make a video ;)