Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Just bought DDJ-SX - software upgrade?

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
CDV 3:26 PM - 17 May, 2013
So my only concern about this controller is that it uses a different version of the Serato software than I have installed and configured in my computer. I use Serato Scratch Live with a interface that allows CD or vinyl control with a SL4 box. Because this is a stand-alone controller & mixer, it seems to use something called Serato DJ. The Serato DJ software supposedly works with the video plugin too, but I'm concerned that I'd have to re-import my entire library.
Asu 4:51 PM - 17 May, 2013
Why would you think that??? it's the same company and will read the same library and you need serato DJ 1.2,the same serato Video will work too.

the only thing i know is you may not be able to change que points set in scratch Live.

You Should readup on something before you buy brother,that goes for anything,
Just my 2 cents.
Phuture2 12:41 AM - 18 May, 2013
The DDJ-SX works with the Serato DJ Program. Time code CDS can't be used unless you hookup a SL- box to the DDJ-SX.
Phuture2 12:43 AM - 18 May, 2013
The song and video Library from SSL will read with Serato DJ. The Serato DJ program needs the Serato Video plug in to work with the video portion.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:20 AM - 18 May, 2013
Hey CDV,

Serato Scratch Live is our software for use with control CD's and Vinyl. Serato DJ is one of our products for use with supported controllers.

Both programs utilise the same Serato library, so when you install Serato DJ you won't need to change or move any of your music.

Thanks for your input Phuture2 and Asu,

Does that answer your question?

Cheers, Sam
3:00 AM, 1 Jun 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.