Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs and musicians. World renowned artists such as Fatboy Slim, DJ Jazzy Jeff and Mix Master Mike (of the beastie boys) love our products and perform with them on a regular basis.
We are based in central Auckland and are currently looking for a web team lead to join our team, someone with a few years of solid experience in web development. A web team lead role within Serato involves leading a small Scrum team to help shape, implement, test and support a number of internal and external online systems.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Solid understanding of web technologies and web infrastructure
- A degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering, equivalent tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated solid background in developing web-based applications
- Ability to create strong technical designs to solve large complex projects, breaking them down into smaller deliverable pieces
- Strong communication skills, collaborating effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Technical proficiency in source control management and CI systems
- 5+ years professional experience
Highly desirable experience would also include:
- 2+ years experience leading a small cross-functional team
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience in RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience in test automation
- Experience with payment processing platforms
- Experience with authorization mechanisms (OAuth or similar)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- A solid understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, AWS in particular
Working for Serato
Working in our central Auckland office provides an opportunity to work for a home grown New Zealand company that is very successful in the global market. Our work culture is friendly and encourages a passion for music.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (this means having NZ citizenship, permanent residency or a current work permit) and be willing to relocate to Auckland.