Are you passionate about music and creating world class software? Do you have technical skills in software development, IT, dev-ops or engineering areas that would suit a focus on developing tools and automation systems to support software development in the electronic music domain?
Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs, producers and musicians. World renowned artists such as Fatboy Slim, A-Trak, Snoop Dogg, and DJ Snake love our products and use them on a regular basis.
We are based in central Auckland and are looking for an engineer to join our team. The role involves working in a small agile team to help develop, troubleshoot and maintain our internal CI infrastructure, frameworks, and fixtures as well as developing internal facing software for our product teams to leverage.
The environment would suit someone who is passionate about music and creating world class software.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate at least two and preferably all three of the following:
- Programming experience (ideally in Python and/or C++)
- Systems administration on windows and Unix like environments
- Test automation, troubleshooting experience and the ability to create good specifications of software systems
You must also demonstrate:
- Intelligence, interest, an ability to question, and great communication
- A passion for problem solving, able to take a logical, methodical approach
- Software/IT/Engineering/Testing tertiary qualification
Desirable experience would also include:
- Experience in software application development ideally in an agile (e.g. Scrum or Kanban) team
- Understanding of our customers and products
- Understanding of audio science or digital signal processing
- Experience with modelling (e.g. systems analysis or business analysis skills)
- Experience with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems, CI systems (such as Jenkins), git, and test automation frameworks
- DJ, music production or relevant musical or audio industry experience
Personal attributes required are:
- Excellent communication skills in person and in writing
- Analytical aptitude - curious and smart, logical and creative
- Initiative, trusted work ethic, independent output
- Willingness to learn and participate, approachable, honest and cooperative
At Serato our culture is highly prized, and so finding someone who will integrate well with the team and company, sharing our values of having fun whilst working hard, and continually improving, is more important than ticking all the boxes. If you're experienced, love software and music, and want to work in a high performing team at a company with a great culture, this could be the role for you.
Working for Serato
Working in our central Auckland office provides an opportunity to work for a homegrown New Zealand company that is very successful in the global market. Our work culture is friendly and informal and encourages a passion for music.
All applicants must live in and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (this means having NZ citizenship, permanent residency or a current work permit) and be willing to relocate to Auckland.
Like the sound of this? Please do apply with your transcript if a recent graduate and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role and how you meet each of the criteria.