Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs, producers and musicians. World renowned artists such as Fatboy Slim, A-Trak, Snoop Dogg, and DJ Snake love our products and use them on a regular basis.
We are based in central Auckland and are currently looking for a Test Analyst to join our team, fixed term for a 9 month period. A test role within Serato involves working in a small agile team to help design and implement our core products.
In this role you will help clarify and improve the design of changes and enhancements to our key products such as Serato DJ. You will then work with your team and the broader test team of about twenty people to evaluate and improve the quality. Finally, in the spirit of agile development, you'll work to continually improve how we do all of this.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Solid understanding of testing methods and approaches
- Fantastic written and oral communication skills
- Experience contributing to a high-performing team in a commercial environment
- Experience as a DJ or musician
- A passion for problem solving, able to take a logical, methodical approach.
And as many of these as possible:
- Experience in testing on Windows and Mac
- Experience with programming or test automation
- Experience with hardware, electronics, MIDI or audio processing
- A degree, preferably in a technically relevant area e.g. audio engineering or software
- Experience in an agile development environment (we use both Scrum and Kanban)
- Solid experience as a software tester / analyst
- ISTQB certification or some evidence of training or commitment to testing excellence
But wait – don't give up yet!
It is more important for us to find the right person with the right attributes, than to tick boxes. We know skills can be learned and experience can be gained.
So if you are really smart, passionate about music, hard-working, thorough and can provide convincing evidence that you have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the aptitude for developing into an excellent tester, then please apply. We would love to hear from you.
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to:
- Work for a homegrown New Zealand company that is successful in the global market. We are growing in size but have managed to maintain our non-corporate, music-loving culture.
- Grow your career and skills in the area of software testing and perhaps automation.
- Earn a competitive salary.
- Work within a culture that is passionate about music and creating world class software.