Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs and musicians. World renowned artists such as Fatboy Slim, DJ Snake, Major Lazer and Mix Master Mike (of the Beastie Boys) love our products and perform with them on a regular basis.
Based in central Auckland, we are on the look-out for team leads who bring a wealth of experience with them. A team lead role within Serato means leading a small agile team to help shape and implement our core products.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong programming knowledge - including C++
- 5+ years commercial experience with multi-threaded, high performance, application development
- Experience with back end db integration, SQL
- Ability to create strong technical designs to solve large complex projects, breaking them down into smaller deliverable pieces
- Strong communication skills, collaborating effectively with both technical and non technical stakeholders.
- A degree in computer science or related field
It would be great if you also have one or more of these:
- 2+ years experience leading a small cross-functional team
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience in audio-visual application programming
- Cross-platform application development with Windows and OSX. Any experience using 3rd party frameworks such as Qt, Boost would be beneficial
- UI development and/or Open GL experience
- Experience with DSP
- Experience as a musician, producer or DJ
At Serato our culture is highly prized and so finding someone who will integrate well with the team and company, sharing our values of having fun whilst working hard and continually improving, is more important than ticking all the boxes. If you're experienced, love software and music and want to work in a high performing team at a company with a great culture this could be the role for you.