Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs and musicians. World renowned artists such as Fatboy Slim, DJ Jazzy Jeff and Mix Master Mike (of the beastie boys) love our products and perform with them on a regular basis.
We are based in central Auckland and are currently looking for a Senior Product Owner to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Product Planning and working closely with the Products, Development and UX teams, you would be responsible for the following deliverables such as:
- Incorporating domain expertise, competitive landscape awareness and knowledge to lead Serato’s DJ software platform.
- Developing and maintaining a clear project strategy and roadmap to support the delivery of our DJ strategy over short, medium and long-term horizons.
- Mentoring and leading members of the DJ product planning team
- Work with our hardware partners on product designs and schedule releases.
Decision making is key in this role as you would be expected to:
- Make well balanced decisions about what goes in the product backlog and roadmap, considering all stakeholders.
- Makes well balanced decisions with regards to release planning and feature scope
- Ensure all decisions are well tested and socialised with UX and other stakeholders.
As a Senior Product Owner, regular reporting to the senior team is expected (including any exception reporting you deem appropriate for the senior team and other stakeholders).
Highly valued skills we seek in a candidate for this role:
- Proven experience using an analytical, strategic approach to understand the end customer and turn this into strategy
- Proven experience building and owning product roadmaps
- Experience as a product owner in an agile software development environment
- Experience in DJ and/or other music instruments product management
- Excellent understanding of what makes good (and bad) products
- Experienced with Google Analytics and other data reporting methods.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Business degree or similar e.g. BCom, product design and/or relevant business experience.
Working for Serato
Working in our central Auckland office provides an opportunity to work for a home grown New Zealand company that is very successful in the global market.
Our work culture is friendly, promotes innovation and encourages a passion for music.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (this means having NZ citizenship, permanent residency or a current work permit) and be willing to relocate to Auckland.