How To: Find out your Computer Specifications
It is important to know your computer specifications when you are trying to troubleshoot a problem. Different Serato Software products require different minimum specifications that a computer will need to meet (at the very least) in order to run the software at it's best.
The minimum computer specification requirements for each Serato product can be found on the relative product page here. ('Features & Specs' tab)
It is handy to give computer information to someone who is helping you to troubleshoot a problem (i.e a Serato Support Member) as this will immediately help rule out / narrow down certain issues.
To Start a New Help Request click here.
You should provide the following computer specifications to help us diagnose your issue:
- Operating System and System type / version (ie. Windows 7, 64bit or Mac OS X, 10.6.4)
- Processor type and speed (ie. Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz)
- RAM amount (ie. 4.00 GB)
- External USB devices used (ie. external hard drives, USB hubs, other audio gear etc).
- Hard drive size (ie. 120 GB) and amount of drive space available.
- For PC, find your hard drive icon by going to Start > Computer.
- For Mac, highlight your hard drive icon and press Apple + I.
To find out your computer's specifications on a PC :
- Press the Windows + Pause/Break key on your keyboard
- Control Panel > System
To find out your computer's specifications on a MAC :
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and select 'About This Mac'
Get online help from the Rane and Serato support teams.Request Support
The official support channel for Scratch Live is through Rane technical support.
Monday to Friday
8:30am – 1:00pm PST
2:00pm – 5:00pm PST