Problems with Windows based PCs with i3, i5 or i7 processors when used with USB 1.1 devices
Some users are encountering issues with computers featuring the newest Intel i3, i5, or i7 processors when used with USB 1.1 devices such as the Rane SL 1 or TTM 57SL.
Users may encounter USB dropouts and / or hardware disconnection problems.
We have discovered that there may be a compatibility problem between the computer's BIOS and the new controller chipset Intel uses with these processors.
NOTE: This does NOT affect SL 2, SL 3, SL 4, Sixty-One, Sixty-Two or Sixty-Eight users.
Below are some workarounds that have resolved this issue for a number of our users. Please be aware that this is not a guaranteed workaround, but it is important to try them all.
Installing the latest BIOS update for your computer has been known to resolve the issue.
For users encountering problems, please follow these instructions and install the latest BIOS update for your computer:
- For mobile users, this means going to the website of the manufacturer for their laptop.
- For desktop users, this requires going to the website for their machine manufacturer.
- For users who have built your own computer, see the computer's motherboard manufacturers website.
If there is no BIOS update, please contact your computer manufacturer asking for a BIOS update to resolve this issue.
NOTE: This doesn't affect everyone with these processors - if you are not experiencing problems, you do not need to update your BIOS.
Once you have updated your computer's BIOS you should install Scratch Live 2.2 (or above)
Scratch Live 2.2 (and above) contains a workaround driver for this problem. You can download this from here: www.serato.com (click)
Install Scratch Live with your hardware connected and follow the installation prompts.
Please note that this driver has fixed the issue for some of our users but not all.
Make sure you have also tried the following :
- Have your Rane SL 1 / TTM 57SL plugged directly into a USB port and not into a USB hub or splitter.
- Connect only your SL 1 / TTM 57SL to your computer's USB port. Make sure nothing else is connected, this will rule out a USB conflict with another device. A
- Make sure you have tried all of the USB ports on your computer, quite often a computer will have a 'better' USB port so it's important you test with all of them.
If the above workarounds did not work and you are continuing to experience issues, please start a new thread in the Help forum (here: www.serato.com). Our support members will help you determine what can be done next.
Please provide as much system information as possible:
- Computer Make
- Computer Model Number
- BIOS version (see here: www.ghacks.net)
- A list of all USB devices or other peripherals connected to your computer.
- A detailed description of your problem.
We will endeavor to help you resolve the issue.
Get online help from the Rane and Serato support teams.Request Support
The official support channel for Scratch Live is through Rane technical support.
Monday to Friday
8:30am – 1:00pm PST
2:00pm – 5:00pm PST