Using CD players with Scratch Live
Configuring your Setup
Whilst turntables output a phono-level signal, CD players output a line-level signal, which is considerably louder. If you don't configure Scratch Live to accept the louder line-level signal you will encounter all sorts of problems, so make sure you complete this important step:
SL 1 users
- Connect the outputs of your CD players to the inputs of your SL 1 as per normal.
- Connect the LINE outputs of the SL 1 to line level inputs on your mixer.
- Remember to flick your phono / line switches on you mixer over to Line to hear Scratch Live.
- If want to also play regular CDs connect the THRU outputs of the SL 1 to another set of line level inputs of your mixer.
- Finally, start Scratch Live and go to the setup menu, then click on the hardware tab, and select Line as the audio input level.
SL 3 users
- Connect the outputs of your CD players to the inputs of your SL 3 as per normal.
- Flick the dip switches on the SL 3 to down for a line level signal.
- Finally, connect the outputs of the SL 3 to your Line or CD inputs of your mixer as per normal.
TTM 57 SL users
- Connect the outputs of your CD players directly to your mixer. For the left deck use channel 1 or 2, and the right deck channel 3 or 4.
- Set the input level switches on the back of the mixer to Line
- Start Scratch Live, and go to the Setup screen and click on the Hardware tab. Configure the control source selection to match the mixer inputs you are using. If you have connected your left CD player to channel 1 and the right CD player to 3, choose 1 and 3 respectively in the control source selection.
Get online help from the Rane and Serato support teams.Request Support
The official support channel for Scratch Live is through Rane technical support.
Monday to Friday
8:30am – 1:00pm PST
2:00pm – 5:00pm PST