How-to: Troubleshoot missing iTunes tracks
Troubleshooting iTunes tracks missing from your Serato Software
This how-to is for iTunes users who have some files that don't seem to appear in their Serato Software library. This can be due to the iTunes xml file not being completely up-to-date, or if some files aren't in formats your Serato Software can play back.
Rebuilding the iTunes Music Library.xml file:
1. Close all programs.
2. Navigate to this location:
username / music / iTunes / iTunes Library.xml (OS X)
My Music / iTunes / iTunes Library.xml (Windows)
3. Open iTunes
4. Click on your 'music' to show all the songs in your library.
5. Select all (apple+a Mac) (ctrl+a PC).
6. Right click on the highlighted area (PC) or Ctrl+mouse button on the highlighted area (Mac).
7. Select 'get info' from the drop down menu.
8. Click 'yes' when asked if you want to edit multiple items.
9. Click 'ok' at the bottom of the edit page
10. Close iTunes and re-open your Serato Software.
Do the missing tracks show up now?
Converting WMA/AAC files:
1. Open iTunes.
2. Click the edit column (in iTunes 7.0 you need to click the 'view' column)
3. Click 'view options'.
4. Check the 'kind' box.
5. Scroll all the way to the right side of the iTunes main library screen.
6. Click on the 'kind' column (on the actually word 'kind') to group the various file types together
7. Check here-->iTunes for directions on how to convert your aac or wma files.
Get online help from the Rane and Serato support teams.Request Support
The official support channel for Scratch Live is through Rane technical support.
Monday to Friday
8:30am – 1:00pm PST
2:00pm – 5:00pm PST