Scratch Live 2.1 Manual
Minimum System Requirements
Before installation, please ensure your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run Scratch Live: The minimum system requirement does differ slightly between controllers, so make note of which hardware you will be using.
These are the minimum requirements to run Scratch Live. For best performance and for use in professional situations we recommend you buy a higher spec computer.
Installing Scratch Live (MAC)
NOTE: Before installing, we recommend you download and install the latest Scratch Live version from the website.
1. Insert the Software Installation CD-ROM and double-click the installer icon.
Launch the installer you just downloaded from www.serato.com
2. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the installation is complete, Scratch Live will appear in your applications list. You may like to drag the Scratch Live icon to your dock for quick launching.
3. Plug in your SL 3. No extra hardware or driver installation is required.
Installing Scratch Live (PC)
NOTE: Before installing, we recommend you download and installing the latest Scratch Live version from the website.
It is important that Windows users install the SL 3 drivers as well as the Scratch Live software.
The easiest way to do this is to allow the Scratch Live installer to do all the work.
1. Connect your SL 3 before you insert your installation CD. When you first connect it, Windows will attempt to install the drivers via the hardware wizard. Cancel and close the hardware wizard.
2. Insert the Software Installation CD-ROM. Make sure your SL 3 is connected first. If a window doesn’t open automatically, browse to the CD drive. Run setup.exe.
Launch the installer you just downloaded from www.serato.com.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the installation is complete, Scratch Live appears in the Start Menu under All Programs > Serato > Scratch Live.
Accept the License Agreement and then click Next:
Complete will perform a standard installation:
NOTE: Select the custom install option if you wish to change the installation location of Scratch Live.
Connect your hardware:
Confirm the installation options and click Install.
Scratch Live will now be installed, and a confirmation screen will appear when the install is complete:
NOTE: A shortcut will also be created on desktop.
Additional Driver Installation (Windows XP)
Windows XP treats each USB port individually. You might like to install the Drivers for the hardware on all of your USB ports.
Connect your Scratch Live hardware to a USB port. Windows will again attempt to install the drivers via the hardware wizard. Cancel and close the hardware wizard. With your hardware still connected, run the Scratch Live driver updater.
This is usually located in: C: > Program Files > Serato > driver_updater
Repeat this process for each of your USB ports.
TIP: The driver updater can install drivers for different types of Scratch Live hardware. For example, if you play at a club that uses a TTM 57SL mixer, just connect the mixer and run through the driver updater as above. Different drivers will need to be installed for the SL1 and the SL3 - so make sure each computer you will be using has these installed.