Scratch Live 2.1 Manual
The Control Record
The control record has two sides. The first side is 10 minutes long and contains the Vinyl Scroll section. The second side is 15 minutes long. Scratch Live can be configured to work with records playing at either 33 RPM or 45 RPM, depending on your preference. The record has thin marks every minute, and a thicker mark every 5 minutes (when playing at 33 RPM). These marks are to assist you when using needle dropping to move through the track. These marks do not affect the playback of the track.
The Control CD
The control CD has two tracks. The first track is 15 minutes long and controls playback The second track is 40 seconds long and controls vinyl scroll.
Vinyl Scroll allows you to select and load tracks using only your turntables (or CD player) – no contact with the computer necessary!
To use Vinyl Scroll with turntables do the following:
- Lift the needle off the record and drop it into special “bonus track” section at the end of the record’s A side.
- The movement of the control disk now controls the selected track within your library. Lift the needle out of the Vinyl Scroll section of the record and into the lead out (between the Vinyl Scroll area and the end of the record) to change crates or iTunes playlists.
- Go back to the Vinyl Scroll area of the record to choose a track within the crate or playlist.
- Once you have found the track you wish to play, put the needle back at the beginning of the record and it will load automatically.
This feature is available to CD users.
- Go to track 2 on the control CD to access Vinyl Scroll.
- Find the track you want to load, and go back to track 1.
- The track you selected will be loaded and ready to play.
You can reverse the direction of Vinyl Scroll and set the sensitivity in the setup screen.
TIP: You can also use Vinyl Scroll in the prepare window.
SEE VINYL CONTROL FOR MORE INFORMATION.