iTunes playlists not showing up? Library not found?Posted on 17 February, 2013
Whether your most recently added tracks in iTunes aren't showing up, or your iTunes library or playlists have just disappeared. There's a few things you can try:
Rescanning your id3 tags in iTunes:
1. Close all programs/software running on your computer.
2. Launch iTunes.
3. Click on "Music", within the "Library" area, to show all the files in your library.
4. Select all your tracks by pressing Command + A (Mac) or Control + A (Windows).
5. Right click on the highlighted area and select "Get Info" from the drop down menu.
6. Click 'yes' when asked if you want to edit multiple items.
7. Click 'ok' at the bottom of the edit page.
8. Close iTunes once it has finished processing and re-open your Serato DJ software.
Creating a new iTunes database:
1. Close your Serato DJ software and iTunes.
2. Navigate to your iTunes folder in either your 'My music' folder (Windows XP) or the default 'Music' folder (Mac/Vista/Windows 7) on your internal hard drive.
3. Drag and drop the 'iTunes Library.itl' (database file) to your desktop.
4. Open up iTunes and you will have an empty library.
5. Click on the 'file' drop down menu, then select 'Library, and choose to 'Import Playlist'.
6. Navigate to your iTunes folder and choose to import the 'iTunes Library.xml' file.
7. Once imported, close iTunes once it has finished processing.
8. Open your Serato DJ software.
Creating a new iTunes.xml file:
1. Open your 'My music' folder (Windows XP) or default 'Music' folder(Mac/Vista/Windows 7).
2. Open your 'iTunes' folder.
3. Drag the 'iTunes Music Library.xml' file to your desktop.
4. Open iTunes (let it scan if necessary).
5. Close iTunes.
6. Open your Serato software.
If you are still having trouble getting your iTunes files or playlists to show up in your Serato software, please contact the support team by starting a Help Request here.