Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video Animations

Daggerlee 3:08 AM - 30 April, 2013
Sorry but i am brand new to VJ'ing and i was wondering where can i get quality type video for my EDM gigs. Im not looking for real mp4 videos you see on mtv but high quality shapes and animations that go great with progressive house and electro music. Like the pros play at festivals. I hope im posting this at the right location. Thank you!!!
Code:E 5:33 AM - 30 April, 2013
Quote:
. Like the pros play at festivals.

These are not cheap. There is a thread started in the general area telling you about a few free ones just do some looking. The best place fro real HIGH quality stuff i have found to be here resolume.com
Daggerlee 7:47 AM - 30 April, 2013
thanks man
DjayRage 2:53 AM - 9 May, 2013
Also keep in mind that a lot of those pros have ones made that match up with the songs they are playing. In easier router for you at this point might be to run a visualizer like G-Force and it will react to whatever your playing. You can use the line-in to have the visualizer "hear" what your playing.
Code:E 5:40 AM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Also keep in mind that a lot of those pros have ones made that match up with the songs they are playing. In easier router for you at this point might be to run a visualizer like G-Force and it will react to whatever your playing. You can use the line-in to have the visualizer "hear" what your playing.

Rage do you know of any really good visualizers that are quartz plugins or have syphon output?
phatbob 6:39 AM - 9 May, 2013
As much as I hate the spammy marketing efforts of that IloveQC site, they do seem to have some pretty cool audio reactive QC content. Might be worth looking at.
DjayRage 1:09 PM - 9 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Rage do you know of any really good visualizers that are quartz plugins or have syphon output?

Nope never used any QC plug-ins for visuals. I have a ton of viz videos I've accumulated over the years and if I'm mixing an event where I know I will be playing a lot of content without music videos for them I just use that G-Force app. Used it a few times so far, worth the $30 for me.
DjayRage 3:34 PM - 10 May, 2013
Speaking of Visuals... Just got this email from a site I never heard of before. They are giving peeps 7 days to try it out and download 20 free clips a day. I think I'm gonna check it out. They have some cool viz clips of my hometown (Chicago) I can use.
www.videoblocks.com
Anybody ever use them before?
DJMisterE 10:40 PM - 12 May, 2013
Go add your email to creativevisualz.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:39 PM - 23 May, 2013
Can I get a lead on where to find/purchase beat reactive visuals?? I'd like to use them with Resolume and I do not have the know how to make my own.

Thanks for the time and info......
Code:E 8:00 PM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:
Can I get a lead on where to find/purchase beat reactive visuals?? I'd like to use them with Resolume and I do not have the know how to make my own.

Thanks for the time and info......

resolume has tons of generative content inside. I have scoured the internet looking fro more content like QTZ files that i can use. hell I'm willing to pay for them. but nothing. Only a few of the basic one like the ones offered with video SL. nothing to crazy or cool.

Beat reactive effects (the ME FX sequencer) overtop of good ambient videos is pretty close.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:59 PM - 24 May, 2013
Yeah I've looked all over but most are lame. Looks like I'll have save up for some Resolume content.

Thanks for the time...
ediloveqc 2:02 PM - 25 March, 2014
We have new products up on here, work great and look great, also a tutorial to show you how www.iloveqc.org.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:47 PM - 25 March, 2014
Bro I know your excited but bringing up and spamming every visualization thread from the past won't get you anymore business, lol!!
ediloveqc 2:48 PM - 25 March, 2014
Yes excitement got the better of me sorry bro.
DJ Tecniq 9:12 PM - 25 March, 2014
www.beeple-crap.com has great visuals. if you want real-time visuals that go to the beat of the music than download the I Love QC pack for serato dj. Really cool stuff. The artist quartz file seems to crash my computer every time I use it. But that's because there's a defect with my Mid 2010 macbook pro. I have to have it looked at. Certain Mid 2010 models are affected and mine happens to be one of them and i bought it brand new in 2010 :(
Dokumentary 12:41 AM - 26 March, 2014
Do these LIVEFX work with Mixemergency? If so, how? Are they Quartzes?
Dj Nyce 3:08 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:

they are quartz compositions. they play in ME, but the inputs are for sdj and not ME, so they don't do everything. because of this, some play and some don't.

i don't see why you couldn't edit the QC to have the inputs needed for ME though.
Code:E 3:44 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

they are quartz compositions. they play in ME, but the inputs are for sdj and not ME, so they don't do everything. because of this, some play and some don't.

i don't see why you couldn't edit the QC to have the inputs needed for ME though.

I think I might give that a try as a learning tool for myself and a intro into quartz.
Dokumentary 1:07 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Nice. That should be pretty easy. I have some other .qtz's that I downloaded from ILQC a few years ago that i use too.
DJ Reflex 5:04 AM - 16 April, 2014
Beeple videos usually come with audio as well. With a simple video creating program, you can add your own audio to the visuals and get some pretty decent visuals. The trick to getting custom visualizations that "react" to the music is to add audio tracks that have roughly the same BPM as the audio track that came with Beeple. Overlay your new audio with Beeple tracks, match up the wave forms, trim/crop a bit to get a decent match over 32-64 beats, delete Beeple audio, and voila... a poor man's version of "audio reactive" visuals.

Better video programs will allow you to change the speed of your video. Speed it up or slow it down to match your audio. You may have to do some percentage calculations, and just like pitch-lock, you shouldn't push it too far or you suffer from crappy quality.