Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Live Streaming of the Serato Video Output Window

DJ AzYz 6:30 PM - 16 April, 2013
Thx for your interest on this issue. Please read carefully.

It's about streaming live the Serato Video output window on LiveStream.com, using their software LiveStream Procaster (it's free). There is a fantastic option with Procaster: you can stream live what is on your 2nd deskstop (extended deskstop) and that's where Serato Video output goes ! With the built-in imput of your laptop you can stream the corresponding audio from your dj mixer... So when you set up everything, you get your videos streamed live with the audio and people can hear and WATCH the videos mixed, live.

Actually, all this works... during 2 mins or 3 ! Then Procaster crashes. I have tried all the possible settings and even the lowest quality settings for the streaming, i have tried 2 macbook pro, and the same result: Serato Video output is streamed ok, audio streamed ok, it's like magic, people connect to the stream (cellphone or computer), see the videos being mixed and hear the audio, and then for no reason (without even touching nothing on serato or even my dj mixer), Procaster crashes after 2-3 minutes of streamind...

If i don't open SERATO VIDEO output on my second screen (I keep the Seratop Video output window on my first deckstop), meaning i only stream my second deckstop background image with the sound from the mixer, it's ok. No crash. As soon as i drag the SERATO VIDEO output window to the streamed 2nd deskstop: after 2-3 minutes ---> Procaster crashes. I can stream my webcam live with the audio: no crashes. BUT I CAN'T STREAM THE SERATO VIDEO OUTPUT WINDOW (WHEN ON THE SECOND SCREEN) WITHOUT CRASH from PROCASTER after 2-3 minutes. Always the same duration before crashing. I have tried all the possible settings, resolution. Everything. It's a conflict or something like that between Procaster and Serato Video Output.

If this issue can be solved, we all will be able to stream live video-mix. For free. People connect to the stream, hear the audio and actually see the videos being mixed. You can even add a little webcam image in a corner showing you running the decks in the sametime. This is FANTASTIC, just imagine ! But crashing after 2-3 mins. Serato Scratch Live keeps going well, Serato video too. Procaster only crashes after 2-3 mins of perfectly working audio & video live streaming.

Can someone take time to try this, and report the same bug ? If we are legion, we can make PROCASTER developpers and Serato programmer to take a look at this STRANGE thing.... It's about streaming our video-mixes LIVE other the internet and for FREE !

You need:
- A livestream account (Free)
- LiveStream Procaster (free)
- Take time to set the Procaster Software preferences to ''Stream 2nd Desktop''
- Serato Scratch Live + Serato Video

Try it ! we need to make it works guys....
Sorry for my poor english. I speak french.. :(

PS: PLEASE NOTE I ALSO REMADE THE SAME CRASHES WITH SERATO SCRATCH LIVE AND MIXEMERGENGY. PROCASTER CRASHES AFTER 2-3 MINS OF PERFECT VIDEO & AUDIO STREAMING. Just the same way as with SERATO VIDEO....
DJ DisGrace 6:35 PM - 16 April, 2013
Are you committed to LiveStream?

I've had good luck in the past using Ustream, both with CamTwist and then the Ustream Producer application. I've used both V-SL and ME for this, not SV at this point.
DJ AzYz 6:39 PM - 16 April, 2013
Can you stream live what is on the 2nd deckstop (extended deckstop) with Utream Software ?
DJ DisGrace 6:42 PM - 16 April, 2013
Quote:
Can you stream live what is on the 2nd deckstop (extended deckstop) with Utream Software ?

Not sure of the exact wording they use, but yes. I was able to choose the V-SL or ME "output window" as the source. This way I could stream video without even having an external display connected.
DJ AzYz 8:57 PM - 16 April, 2013
Ok. I will give it a try tonight with UStream Software.
And let you know if it works better.

I am also interested to add the webcam view to the stream too. You can do it with LiveStream: streaming the extended desktop with V-SL or M.E video output window and to add the webcam view in a corner.... Hope, Ustream can do it too, this would be excatly the king of live i want to do...
Tom W 7:23 AM - 16 May, 2013
Not sure exactly how your goin about this but I have my MacBook Pro with a TV as my dual display and can stream that to an audience...

only problem is the cause its a new model mac theres no INPUT option in the headphone jack anymore, so, sound quality is CRAP!!

so does anyone know how I can bring my old MBP (that has input option for sound) into play??
djnak 8:59 AM - 16 May, 2013
just get this for better sound

www.amazon.com
DJ DisGrace 10:53 AM - 16 May, 2013
Quote:
just get this for better sound

www.amazon.com

If all you need to do is stream, this will even work
www.amazon.com
Tom W 1:15 PM - 16 May, 2013
thanks, do you guys kno Is it possible to stream a video set but also what your doing from another macbook using its built in camera?
Tom W 1:19 PM - 16 May, 2013
so basically you have your MBP with serato and ME and the a second MBP live streaming my set both what im doing and the main video output as well?
Dj Nyce 5:47 PM - 17 May, 2013
Quote:
thanks, do you guys kno Is it possible to stream a video set but also what your doing from another macbook using its built in camera?

if you want to use a 2nd mac webcam you will need software that. so far the only one i know of is livestream studio. you can log in from both computers and mux them on livestream.com.

you will have more flexibility with a usb/fw camera. you can plug it in the same computer serato is running. if that computer doesn't have enough steam to play videos and stream, you would need a capture card and use computer #2 to stream the video set + web camera.
Tom W 4:23 AM - 18 May, 2013
Thanks @ DJ Nyce I'll Give this a go
DJ AzYz 9:29 AM - 27 January, 2015
Managed to do it.
Works great with Livestream and it's free.

You can have a look for the latest live broadcast from the club.
www.livestream.com
DJ Tecniq 9:31 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
yes and you don't need mix emergency it's called screen flow and it can record the output and webcam source at the same time👌
DJ Tecniq 9:33 AM - 28 January, 2015
It's nothing new here's daddy dog doing exactly what you want with mix emergency youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 10:02 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Managed to do it.
Works great with Livestream and it's free.

You can have a look for the latest live broadcast from the club.
www.livestream.com
not bad my only advice is to record in widescreen so you don't have the black bars on the sides it will fill the screen and make your video sets more professional like this www.vimeo.com