Scratch Live Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Scratch Live?
If you require help from Rane or Serato please create a help request.

HID Support for CDJ-2000 Nexus................. UHHHHH???

deejdave 8:51 PM - 23 March, 2013
Yeah remember those dusty old decks called the CDJ-2000 Nexus? Well a pair up at a garage sale last week for $50 & it would be cool if Serato had some free time to release an update implementing the support of them....................... OK TRUTH TIME!!! How about they cost me just under $4000 & they happen to be the industry standard at this very moment. I guess an industry standard setup does not include Serato anymore. I was using Rekordbox in the meantime but I needed a more capable solution. This led me right to my most hated nemesis's door TRAKTOR!! It took much swallowing of pride to make the purchase but I did. The support for the nexus's on their side of the block is thus far FLAWLESS!!

CATCH UP SERATO!! I dont consider HID support a feature one can suggest rather a requirement to be taken serious on the pro level. Give it a rest with the toys (controllers) as even though I own a DDJ-SX and suffer from the lack of perfection in that area as well I feel the CDJ-2000 nexus issue is just an embarrassment at this point. I just checked the NI forums and the only time I EVER saw traktor users slamming their own software and suggesting Serato as the fix it was that Serato had cdj-2000 support while Traktor didn't............... well now here we are and that last piece Serat had over them is gone as well now and you've got this long time Serato enthusiast far past questioning the direction & drive of Serato as a whole.

I tell you this I am one step away from purchasing a NI Kontrol F1 and if that goes as well as it looks you may lose me as a customer for good. DDJ-SX aside that is baby food compared to my big picture over here. Im offering a straight up trade for my SL1 for a kontrol f1 if anyone has one (or a SL3 for kontrol F1 & cash).
monchi 4:05 AM - 24 March, 2013
Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
VJ Justin Allen 2:09 PM - 24 March, 2013
IBTL (no advertisement allowed)
deejdave 2:08 AM - 25 March, 2013
That was just a cheap stab not really looking to strike any deals in the feature request area but the point here is where is the HID support. I mean maybe I'm crazy but if you had dropped almost $6000 on the nexus system you would probably know where I'm coming from. If the general attitude at Serato matches that of monchi then you're all doomed anyways. Quite obviously you don't share my frustrations and/or concerns (and that's your right) but I don't think I'm out of line to be requesting this feature and at a bit of a angered standpoint. This is most likely because you do not own the nexus system but I find myself wondering why you would even look at this post if that were the case. Keep up that slamming door attitude thought because if it happens enough that is how funding is lost and so is the big picture. It all starts at the end user level.
Mr Wilks 1:32 PM - 27 March, 2013
My thoughts are that Serato programme HID in their sleep.

There must be something stopping them for it to have taken this long.

Has disgruntled N.I. got an exclusive six/twelve month period on the Nexus to get a head start?

Remember how heavily branded the Serato CDJ-2000 videos was? Serato did say that the advanced HID mode wasn't exclusive but was devised together. As N.I. wouldn't want to look like it's turning up to the house party with warm beer four hours too late, they sat and waited and jumped all over the Nexus to get there first.

I think there has been more to this than meets the eyes and has been talked about by the companies involved. Its the most trivial of programming for a company that does this with their eyes closed. Has Pioneer kept it under lock and key for anyone other than N.I.?

Serato said it's coming soon... maybe after something "expires" with another company?

Just my thoughts...
deejdave 1:17 AM - 29 March, 2013
Yah one would think there has to be something that can't/won't be released. I am not one to be super critical and if they went against their better judgement and just gave a time frame that would suffice for me. And a time frame in which they are 100% committed on honoring. If there was a delay than so be it but at least the fact would remain it would be coming. This is not the same community that they had to deal with prior in thinking a few dollars entitles you to the world. This is quite obviously a community that has earned their way and obviously deals with things on a big scale. I am just at the point where I do not want to learn another software as I know serato like the back of my hand. It is literally instinct at this point and Traktor just has a toy feeling to me. Flawless integration with the cdj-2000's but just not what I'm looking for. Rekordbox like i said is great but is not the all in one total solution that Serato has become for me.
djgaryc 6:11 PM - 1 April, 2013
I have just logged onto to get help with this issue too.... I am shocked th2 2000nxs are not supported. It never occoured to me that the current industry standard wouldn't be supported yet, even after the fact the NXS have been out for a while now.

Although the qurstion was asked 9 days ago - although not asked in the best way, but from there point of view, probably understandable, will Serato be giving a comment to stop me waisting money on Traktor (regardless of the time scale - Lets be honnest, as soon as it HID with the 2000NSX - Were all be back)
deejdave 8:36 PM - 1 April, 2013
In all honesty that is all I'm looking for. A solid statement saying it WILL happen just date unknown would work. To date I've gotten we are working on it which could mean simply we are trying but are getting nowhere and we are no closer to an update including CDJ-2000 nexus support than the day they were released. I don't think that is the case but I have no solid reason to believe otherwise. Again I am not going off the deep end because I hate Serato. I am bordering insanity because I DO love them and I feel they are forcing to seek other options when it is those same options I have argued against for almost half of my DJ career....................... well some of them have been around that long.
Daniel Ventura 6:33 AM - 2 April, 2013
i think/hope they will present a solution at musikmesse Frankfurt in 2 weeks.
Mr Wilks 10:25 AM - 2 April, 2013
Well they commented that 2.5 was coming very soon so maybe.

For it to go up an incremental number from 2.4 to 2.5 I suspect there will be a few features in there. You meet know as Nexus support could very well be in there as they have stated that it is coming. Maybe MIDI out too?

Let's just hope.
deejdave 4:30 AM - 3 April, 2013
I truly hope so. I miss Serato on my main rig more than I could describe. This would seriously make my year!!
deejdave 4:32 AM - 3 April, 2013
The midi out would indeed prove groundbreaking for Scratch Live as well. What a wonderful world this would be. If the Bridge works in this update obviously with ableton 8 as I know it wont work with 9 then we're talking my ideal setup. My next (& possibly final for the time being) move would be trying to utilize NI kontrol F1 with Serato.
Mr Wilks 3:57 PM - 3 April, 2013
Agreed on MIDI. They said on their Facebook that it's being worked on IIRC so I think it's a case of it dripping when it's ready. I'd rather it be ready and working than rushed and buggy. I'm just holding out for the day when MIDI finally drops add I'll be a happy chappy!

Also, if you use Live 9 you can still use Ableton with Serato. You just can't use it in the 64 bit version of Live 8 or 9 grab the 32 bit version as the only way you'd really want the 64 bit is is your running out of memory. The 64 bit versions would solve this.
Daniel Ventura 4:38 PM - 3 April, 2013
don't know why it should be so hard to implement, NI solved this very quickly without Problems in a proper way (without skipping and other issues like serato did once).
deejdave 8:05 PM - 3 April, 2013
I'm not sure at this point if its an issue of difficulty as apposed to not so public deals. this is purely speculation but like you I see no other reason. I mean serato did it for cdj-2000 mk1 and I'm not saying it should be able to be directly ported to nexus but I am saying one would think a couple tweaks here n there n voila!!
@mr wilks.......... ummmmm a big thanks goes to u as somehow I missed thaw fact that it was still possible with ableton 9. I do in fact use 32 but so all good here. I will admit the most likely reason I had no idea is the fact that scratch live is at least for the time being a useless piece of history to me until the nexus update is indeed a reality. then it will be time to move from sl1 to sl3 or sl4.
Mr Wilks 10:14 PM - 3 April, 2013
Quote:
I'm not sure at this point if its an issue of difficulty as apposed to not so public deals. this is purely speculation but like you I see no other reason. I mean serato did it for cdj-2000 mk1 and I'm not saying it should be able to be directly ported to nexus but I am saying one would think a couple tweaks here n there n voila!!
@mr wilks.......... ummmmm a big thanks goes to u as somehow I missed thaw fact that it was still possible with ableton 9. I do in fact use 32 but so all good here. I will admit the most likely reason I had no idea is the fact that scratch live is at least for the time being a useless piece of history to me until the nexus update is indeed a reality. then it will be time to move from sl1 to sl3 or sl4.

+1

Serato know how to program the HID on the CDJ's. They even helped develop advanced HID if I remember correctly. I believe something is currently stopping them and that (to me) points at Traktor.

@deejdave glad you can run Ableton again. I just hope they implement the Nexus into 2.5 for you as I understand your frustration.
SSL Experimentalist 3:31 PM - 11 April, 2013
You know the thing I can't stand that I have been reading in the Pioneer forums, is the Nexus users repeating "why would you by a Nexus setup just to use Scratch Live?"

And it surprises me that no one answered with the exact situation I am in.

I use Scratch Live in HID configuration on CDJ-850's at home, the club I work at just installed CDJ-2000Nexus's. So it's either I carry my CDJ's into the club or use these really expensive players in timecode CD configuration.
Kepik 10:26 PM - 11 April, 2013
I just bought a pair of CDJ-2000nexus so I could ditch my laptop and use rekordbox and pre-set my cues and such onto a USB stick.
deejdave 12:47 AM - 12 April, 2013
I think the USB option is great for a la carte performance as in preparing your set night by night. As a whole as in business wise with requests, on the fly playlists, unplanned sets (my forte TBH) Serato's library system just can't be beat. NO I did not purchase my cdj-2000's just to use Scratch Live. As a matter of fact I didnt even purchase the SL1 JUST to use Scratch Live.......................... but using Scratch Live SHOULD absolutely be an option when purchasing the industry standard players. That is if Serato still considers themselves the industry standard software. THAT is yet to be seen.
Kepik 1:53 AM - 12 April, 2013
Given the track record of implementing HID for past Pioneer CDJs beginning with the CDJ-400. It has taken them nearly a year after each CDJ release before SL being HID compatible.
deejdave 2:04 AM - 12 April, 2013
Agreed but I feel they were more vocal/public about intentions to do so. The fact that they have not even hinted officially that there will be the support makes me nervous. I am very hopeful though.
Mr Wilks 7:12 AM - 12 April, 2013
Quote:
Agreed but I feel they were more vocal/public about intentions to do so. The fact that they have not even hinted officially that there will be the support makes me nervous. I am very hopeful though.

The official response is that it's coming very very soon. I know 2.5 is not too far away so maybe it's in there?

I believe we are looking at a matter is weeks rather than months before they are supported.
deejdave 3:23 AM - 13 April, 2013
Not that I don't believe you as I have heard the same (although I do not remember off the top of my head where) but do you know where this official statement can be found? I would like to investigate a little further as even this would suffice (for now) at putting my mind at ease.

Thanks again Mr Wilks.
Mr Wilks 8:47 AM - 14 April, 2013
There had been no official statement as of yet. They was both off-the-cuff comments from Serato in forum posts.

The Nexus support was staff as being worked on and to hold tight for more information soon and the 2.5 information was said in a public beta forum if I remember correctly. That was to do with the getting a serious bug squashed with the SL3 driver install in this current version. They stated that 2.5 was very close but had to be dealt with now and it couldn't wait.
They also included some housekeeping for the code in that update too. This must have been for 2.5.

I can't find any reference at the moment to as all the nexus 2000 threads look the same.

The next version number means features. It's coming... and as they don't say when, we have to hold tight for a release soon.
zona816 3:05 PM - 17 April, 2013
I really Hope so becuase Traktor is winning the race as of right now. I just tried the HID mode and the mapping that DjEndo did is pretty down to the point, I've changed a few buttons with xtreme mapping. the only issue now is that my rane 62 is useless basically ..
I hope we can see this feature soon, before I just migrate to Traktor for good.
serkan 6:18 PM - 17 April, 2013
I too think Serato has some unknown issues with HID support for the CDJ-2000nexus. I bet it couldn't be too hard to make it happen and they surely know that this is not just another request by bedroom DJs.
Some of the really big names in the industry are playing with SL and the CDJ-2000s in HID mode and we all know how the nexus is replacing the standard player as we discuss this.

I hope they figure things out fast as this is something that really could hurt them in long terms.
deejdave 8:51 PM - 17 April, 2013
I'm glad others feel the same way. I know some don't understand the importance of this. Like Serkan said its the "bedroom DJ's" that don't get it at all. Once you have the Nexus system there is no going back so It is Serato that would have to play catch up. I almost feel its just shy of an obligation. I have stuck it out with them (never even thought about switching to Traktor) through many years. I pride myself in my setups as I spend A LOT of cash having the newest & the best (I'm not bragging i'm just stating a fact) and it ALWAYS included Serato because IMO it is the best all in one DJ solution. I like to have limitless options which leans more towards Traktor. I do however require to have total control & the honor aspect which rules out Traktor (again just my opinion) because of its extensive automation.

Along with the limitless options I refuse to limit myself by using a technology that is almost dead. Control CD's are a thing of the past and it would be like owning the fastest car in the world and powering it with a 3 cylinder geo metro engine.

I don't know what the deal is with their delay & or hesitation wit a HID update. I also wish I knew for sure it was happening. I do admit seeing the posts from Mr Wilks & others showing some light on the subject whether its just optimism or not does make me feel a little better as I do hope it happens soon & the next update being a a substantial update would be the perfect time. I do know I would feel a hell of a lot better knowing the truth either way though even if it were a no. I also know there will probably be a lot of Professional DJ's that will be forced to drop Serato Permanently as apposed to temporarily as they have for the time being if they don't get their act together soon.

Just remember the industry standard setup included Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus Media Players & if Serato doesn't add HID support soon their omission from the standard will be forever.
Mr Wilks 8:44 PM - 22 April, 2013
Quote:
Not that I don't believe you as I have heard the same (although I do not remember off the top of my head where) but do you know where this official statement can be found? I would like to investigate a little further as even this would suffice (for now) at putting my mind at ease.

Thanks again Mr Wilks.

I went through Twitter and it was a tweet on the 9th April.

It's stated there is no release date but it's in development.
deejdave 12:18 AM - 23 April, 2013
I will check as well. If that is the case I am more than happy to hear that. I am still managing my Serato library as if nothing happened. I still get to use it with my DDJ-SX but thats a toy compared to my flagship rig. SOOOOON................... I hope.
DJ Robbed 9:14 AM - 26 April, 2013
I have moved over to Traktor Period with CDJ's and HID, problem I have with Serato is that they are trying to be all things to everyone, unfortunately when this happens, it creates a bad atmosphere,

I loved Serato in the Early Days when I bought an XONE DX thought it was marvellous, but Traktor for me is a better product and gives me what I need right now, After they fell out with Allen & Heath that was it for me, also Seeing Graeme Park (UK DJ) using Serato Scratch in a club and performing miserably with it has changed my perception, Serato DJ for me is nothing but Bedroom DJ Software and I think thats where it will stay. I love my CDJ's and like the way I can switch between Traktor USB and CDR.... setup my laptop now and it is not cluttered and runs flawlessly!

But never say never lets see what the future brings!
deejdave 7:52 PM - 26 April, 2013
If this does not happen soon I think I'll be joining you as well as many other Pro DJ's. its a matter of necessity and if Serato is not providing it basically forces individuals into a corner with only one way out.
BERTO 5:25 AM - 29 April, 2013
The remix decks traktor has is a main reason ppl are switching for house music peeps
deejdave 5:23 PM - 29 April, 2013
It's a reason, I'll give you that. It's also very inventive & opens many doors creatively but for me the lack of nexus support is number one. At this point the remix decks I can live with or without. My CDJ's I CAN NOT live without, & Serato was (until recently) something I could not live without either. Fortunately or unfortunately (depends on the perspective) I only got a real feel for alternative software due to Serato's lack of support for the nexus system. This is the "being cornered" I speak of. Most of the people lost for this reason can only be blamed on themselves.
Daniel Ventura 6:12 PM - 29 April, 2013
it is well known that the whole hid implementations on cdj series (except the 400) in ssl ist totally bullshit. skipping in bassy Environment (850/900/2000), stuttering and unstable on 850s, etc. not really usable. and the worst Thing is you can't use the internal soundcard with ist digi Outs.
Serato ist definitly NOT the right Software for CDJ users.
Traktor works rock stable with 400/900/2000/2knxs with their build in soundcards. no more oldfashioned wiring with external soundcard and crispy spdif out.

even vdj and mixvibes cross are working flawless with cdj series.
Forget serato :-/
deejdave 7:24 PM - 29 April, 2013
I have tried Mixvibes cross & found it to be unusable. Traktor Is I agree almost flawless compatibility wise but it lacks being in the end its still Traktor. I have come to terms that Serato's flawless library (crate system) has become the most essential tool in my DJing. There are many effects and manipulations that can be achieved by Traktor that may top Serato be it Itch, Serato DJ, or scratch live. There is one fact that remains that in the end its all about song choice and for me Serato is the only way to get there. The soundcard bit os quite the inconvenience but again a fair tradeoff for me to retain the layout, management, & reliability of Serato. I've owned/own the CDJ-400's, 900's, & 2000 Nexus's.. & the 400's were for me useless, the 900's were dead on perfect & I am now in nexus purgatory.
ilandjproducer 5:08 AM - 30 April, 2013
i think serato don t care anymore about the "pro" dj,
it s easier for them to win money with the "home" dj and all the serato dj licenses…
shame on all the serato team,
no hid for the 2000 nexus,
no support of the retina screen,
no real big update or brilliant ideas till a long long time,
no video support for the sp6 sampler
transition, bpm fx ? learn from mix emergency !!!!
who are you without the support of the "pro" dj ?
who do you think tell to the "home" dj to buy this or this soft ? it 's us, the "pro"dj !!!!
this "hid 2000 nexus story" is the cherry on the cake, what are you waiting for ??
you make fun of us, your too busy to making money and you don t realize that if you loose us, you ll loose everything !! if all the "pro" dj switch to tracktor or rekorbox do you think you ll
still sell all your licenses ? i don t think so…shame on you.
ElliotDCB 11:53 AM - 30 April, 2013
^^^ here here!!!

I moved from Traktor to Serato for the exact same reasons that are happening to Serato users now.

What annoys me the most is there is no acknowledgment from anybody who works at Serato weather it is a Technician, Programmer or even someone in thr PR or Marketing department who's job it is to sort out stuff like this on here!!!

It's just pure rudeness & ignorance to customers who pay good money.

Just a simple response to what is been worked on that has been suggested on here & many other viable posts & an approximate date for implementation is all that I feel people want.

We talk to you Serato talk to us too & we most certainly won't bite.
Kepik 6:18 PM - 30 April, 2013
Serato replied to a Facebook posting about Nexus HID. Here's their response:

It's in development Ryan. I can't give you a timeframe for release but I can say that it's going to happen. Keep an eye out for updates.

There you go. It'll come, definitely not soon, but it will happen.
Daniel Ventura 6:38 PM - 30 April, 2013
as always... not soon :-P
deejdave 9:39 PM - 30 April, 2013
I am sure at this point Serato Is WELL AWARE of how their pro community (whats left of it) feels and if they were smart they would at some point release some real info as to when this can be expected. They should also break their policy on no actual dates being this is of actual importance (not just some whiny kids who expect the world at their very demand). Also at some point they should realize that their policy on no actual dates does not even apply here as the issue they faced was with itch & controllers which is not exactly the pro arena. The target audience here will not be a bunch of kids with their parents money that will scream to holy hell if anything changes. On the contrary it's their pro level community that pays their bills, have been there since the beginning, and made them what they are today.

SHOW THAT YOU CARE!!!!
Mr Wilks 11:21 PM - 30 April, 2013
Quote:
Serato replied to a Facebook posting about Nexus HID. Here's their response:

It's in development Ryan. I can't give you a timeframe for release but I can say that it's going to happen. Keep an eye out for updates.

There you go. It'll come, definitely not soon, but it will happen.

...and also a tweet on the 4th April. I knew I'd read it before on Facebook, but couldn't find it.

How it works with HID is that the manufacturer approaches Serato to implement it with their product. This has been stated once before by Serato. The manufacturer pays for the coding time and man hours getting it working. Serato shouldn't have to do it at their own expense as it's not their product and they have their own projects to carry out themselves.
Serato have said they will work with anyone to program their controllers/players to Scratch Live.

Pioneer has approached Traktor first to implement HID with the 2000 Nexus. Serato work with people who pay them to program and as Pioneer has jumped into bed with Traktor, it's left Serato empty handed.

Remember that Serato only has to make Rane boxes work. That's it. Anything else is a bonus that a manufacturer has added to make THEIR product more appealing to the masses of DJ's.

Serato will release HID for the 2000 Nexus as soon as they have the all clear as I believe they have been working on it for a while now. They have stated this numerous times around a month ago.

Also, as a third party company is involved (Pioneer), I would imagine an NDA would mean Serato can't go making comments without an announcement from Pioneer. They are working for Pioneer so aren't at the liberty to divulge information about their client until Pioneer are ready to announce that their players are now "Scratch Live ready". Dates are never given for anything. Having a loose timeframe with an announcement of a feature is the best way. Just look how impatient everyone is waiting for Serato DJ for Itch controllers, and it's only a three month window (spring 2012).

Honestly, there's so much we don't know and don't need to know. There's been nothing official saying anything other than random posts by support. There is a reason why they are tight-lipped. It's coming, and soon :)
ilandjproducer 5:23 AM - 1 May, 2013
today they did an upgrade !!!!!!
of serato dj , of course...
angmoh 6:53 AM - 1 May, 2013
Just rocked up to an international gig (I do a monthly overseas). They changed equipment to the nexus without telling me. "Why would this be a problem, it's better?" they said. They're right, it's not their fault. It was lucky I had my timecodes or it would have been really embarrassing had I not been able to play, as noramlly I don't bring those and go HID only.
Laz219 1:16 PM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
^^^ here here!!!

I moved from Traktor to Serato for the exact same reasons that are happening to Serato users now.

What annoys me the most is there is no acknowledgment from anybody who works at Serato weather it is a Technician, Programmer or even someone in thr PR or Marketing department who's job it is to sort out stuff like this on here!!!

It's just pure rudeness & ignorance to customers who pay good money.

Just a simple response to what is been worked on that has been suggested on here & many other viable posts & an approximate date for implementation is all that I feel people want.

We talk to you Serato talk to us too & we most certainly won't bite.

Maybe on this particular front, but usually.. Serato communication/support kills NI.
The above posts probably offer some more real insight into what's going on here.
ElliotDCB 5:10 PM - 1 May, 2013
I then partly stand corrected on the communication issues & totally agree Serato's support is much better than NI.
Daniel Ventura 6:08 PM - 1 May, 2013
for myself, i prefer a working and innovative product over a ultimative Support. no Support can help you when playing live. and everyone playing live should be able to troubleshoot.
Daniel Ventura 6:11 PM - 1 May, 2013
...and is a Support that answers quick with always the same phrases: it's under development, ... soon... a good Support? :-P
deejdave 9:27 PM - 1 May, 2013
There is no doubt in my mind that Serato typically has excellent support. this is one of the reasons I have stuck with them. their products are usually til solid as well. I have honestly only had to ask for assistance maybe once but got quick & informative responses. this is why I am at a loss here. it's not that I hate my serato it's they have lost their way.
I sent a message in response to the new serato dj unlocking for free time trial sayin they should unlock his for serato. their response wens something like "It's not so much about "unlocking". Support has to be written into the actual software. It's in development though and will be available sometime soon"................

this worries be because it sounds to me like it hasn't even been written yet............ isn't that the first step in imementing this? this also kind of implies it has nothing to do with rights or permission from pioneer.......... yes/no
angmoh 5:13 AM - 3 May, 2013
Even if they didn't have rights, they can reveal that NI have exlcusivity for X months. Saying "it's coming" isn't an answer. We deserve to know a date for when we can expect this to come. It's screwing with my gigs...
ElliotDCB 1:40 PM - 3 May, 2013
There must of been some lobbying or bidding behind it why would Pioneer go to Serato for the 2000's then switch to Traktor for the Nexus'???
ElliotDCB 1:43 PM - 3 May, 2013
It just needs clarification, a proper answer not just on this topic but on a lot of different feature requests...... not on a random social networking post or tweet but on the medium that is set up for this exact discussion on here.
deejdave 8:04 PM - 3 May, 2013
^^^ Agreed. Bad News/Good News. Both useful & informative. I can work with either but hate wasting time & money. I am still to this day building my Serato library as my primary library & converting to Traktor via NI Traktor/SSL converter software as well as some music being transferred to Rekrodbox................... but it all starts out as Serato. Am I doing this in vain? I don't know. If this is time still being wasted then shame on me for having hopes that Serato will do the right thing & follow through with the "Its coming" statement. Yes I understand I can still use it with my DDJ-SX but this is far from the point. I am only keeping the DDJ-SX as temporary gateway to using my serato library while performing. If/when the HID is WRITTEN (this is what I was told still has to be done) into Scratch Live & assuming it is stable I will most likely get rid of the DDJ-SX or at least put it in storage along with the rest of my old gear.

I truly feel that their "no release dates" policy should be broken on this one. More than likely it is people who are adults & professionals that it affects. They will not have the same reaction that they are trying to avoid here. Even if it gets pushed back. I for one would just be at ease knowing it is for sure going to happen. If they had the assurance themselves to release that kind of statement then their customers at large would probably lose most of the recent doubt that has been building up in all of us as well as stick by Serato as apposed to dumping them for Traktor as is happening on a daily basis. I swear to god a year ago I would have NEVER pictured myself using Traktor...................... now here I am not only using it on a daily basis but seeing all the things Ive ever wanted from Serato happening on the other end of the spectrum. I mean I freakin downloaded Traktor DJ on my iphone's yesterday. I thought it was cool using my iphones with Rekordbox but this is way cooler. Why the F can't I be talking about Serato like this at the moment? Things need to change and QUICK!!
ilandjproducer 1:50 PM - 10 May, 2013
still no answer from the team…a pitty...
BERTO 2:02 PM - 10 May, 2013
Had a huge in depth discussion last night about this, Serato needs this stat everyone on cdjs is waiting
DJ_T!TZ 2:48 AM - 13 May, 2013
im on the same track as you..
maybe they are trying to go all out on this? like making the wave form come out on the screen of the cdjs like when you play with rekordbox, i know traktor doesnt have that. maybve, just maybe.
deejdave 2:53 AM - 13 May, 2013
Actually TBH that would not make up for the delay/silence......................... but it would be a great start. HAving the waveforms on the CDJ's screen just gives that extra punch to give me the sense that they are still at the top. To say they didn't beat Traktor at the battle but won the war would be nice. I just fear the war has been lost already and we just aren't being told.
DJ_T!TZ 2:54 AM - 13 May, 2013
well all we can do is hope... they have to do it dude! it will happen .
deejdave 2:58 AM - 13 May, 2013
Not sure if you have seen those fake pics floating around with the Traktor waveforms when there were a few blog sites claiming the new Nexus' would have "traktor certified" stamped on the units but I must say. If Serato could utilize the screen with not just the waveform but the whole virtual deck display that would just be the ultimate!! I mean they have the technology as well as the screen with full colors & high enough resolution to do so. One can wish right?
DJ_T!TZ 4:03 AM - 13 May, 2013
for sure. or maybe even videos on the screen for those vdjs! <--doubt that but who knows!!
deejdave 4:13 AM - 13 May, 2013
Heh I think Pioneer themselves would have to support video before any third party developers could but again its ok to wish.
DJ_T!TZ 4:24 AM - 14 May, 2013
word word word.
ilandjproducer 5:20 PM - 15 May, 2013
still waiting...
deejdave 8:26 PM - 15 May, 2013
...................... and waiting...........................
angmoh 12:14 AM - 21 May, 2013
Guys...it's not a NI thing. Recently another relatively unknown software provided HID support for ALL the HID-capable pioneer CDJ models. So, if this isn't the case, why are the Serato developers so silent?

I lost my SL3 the other day, so am seriously considering switching over to traktor. Cheaper. Better.
ilandjproducer 1:14 AM - 21 May, 2013
+1
deejdave 3:18 AM - 21 May, 2013
Agreed. The speculation on NI & Pioneer having some sort of agreement or something is just for fun at this point. I feel it is know at this point that Serato is the guilty party. Pioneer has done what they should with the HID and its up to the software developers to take it from there. Serato is busy with their main squeeze Serato DJ and has seemingly lost interest in the pro arena. I am not sure they have not hit a speedbump and literally can't figure out how to do it but guess what............ thats the way it seems. They look like the slow kid in class watching all their classmates getting A's on a test they haven't even finished yet. The worst part is no one knows if they even started yet. They kinda sorta almost hinted that they have but then again they are the slow kid and without an official statement (that could land them in trouble if they don't follow through with) it's all BS.
Mr Wilks 1:48 PM - 21 May, 2013
Quote:
Guys...it's not a NI thing. Recently another relatively unknown software provided HID support for ALL the HID-capable pioneer CDJ models. So, if this isn't the case, why are the Serato developers so silent?

I lost my SL3 the other day, so am seriously considering switching over to traktor. Cheaper. Better.

It's not an N.I. thing now, but was back when the Nexus launched. It was their marketing tools at launch, just as Scratch Live was when the original 2000 came to light.

As said before, HID can be implemented by anyone willing to work with the companies involved and I can create software if I like and interface it with the Nexus 2000's, via Pioneer.

Serato have stated that it is coming and that it is being worked on.

There is a planned release of Scratch Live coming soon (the post was removed by a dev soon after it went up) so it's a case of waiting for it to be released in the meantime. I don't think it's far away and the things that are being worked on include HID for the Nexus 2000's. If it makes an appearance in this release is anyone's guess but as it was stated as being worked on a few months ago I think it's a strong possibility.
ilandjproducer 7:30 PM - 21 May, 2013
where the F*ck is the TEAM ???????
SAY SOMETHING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS !!!!!!!
deejdave 12:21 AM - 22 May, 2013
.............................. cricket.............................. cricket
deejdave 6:03 AM - 27 May, 2013
Breaking news from Serato ........................... yeah hope that helps.
Daniel Ventura 6:25 AM - 27 May, 2013
yeah, breaking News...another useless bling bling timecode record edition :-P... forget this Company...
ilandjproducer 2:10 PM - 27 May, 2013
Quote:
another useless bling bling timecode record edition

+1
ilandjproducer 2:13 PM - 27 May, 2013
USELESS BLING BLING BUT STILL NO SUPPORT FOR THE NEW "DJ STANDARD" CD PLAYER AND STILL NO ANSWER FROM THE TEAM, WTF ??!!
zona816 4:25 PM - 27 May, 2013
So yes we keep beating the same ol horse , but I understand and I agree. I started on SL1 then TTM-57 , SL3 , Rane 68(sucked) Rane 62 and the Nexus family , frustation on no HID. While traktor is wining the race, you loosing loyal customers, and you seem not to care, at least have the ethics to give us an update instead of disrespecting us by ignoring our questions. I think this is one of those traktor gets nexus and we get another platform ... Another Corporate world join venture stragedy. Is all about the $$
deejdave 6:26 PM - 27 May, 2013
Whatever the story is or situation they are in it all boils down to irresponsibility & lack of care for the customer at this point. They also think that ignoring the posts will make the issue go away. They also think that if/when they finally do release the HID update all will be ok................... Let me ask everyone here right here right now.

Will you forget this happened when it comes time for your next hardware purchase? How far in alternate directions are you at this point?

I for one have dug myself deeper & deeper as the days go by into Traktor & Rekordbox. I am becoming more familiar to its features & I have to say one thing here. I am screaming for HID support, have been aching for a mobile application (Iphone, android, etc.), would love for my controller & cd players to power the same application & would love the ability to use any sound card I please. Well this seems like a no brainer because this sort of world does exist and it costs less than what you pay to not have these features.

a.)Pay a lot, limit yourself, have nothing but fear & doubt when it comes to the future

b.)Pay a lot less, have total freedom & control & look in excitement & confidence that your software of choice will be winning the race while its strongest competitor has not even made it to the starting line yet.

I will miss the library management & crates but that is a small price to keep my CDJ-2000's that I worked my ass off to get from getting dusty.
Daniel Ventura 7:09 PM - 27 May, 2013
so word!

i think there must be something really bad going on behind the scenes of this Company. i can't believe that this "development" was planned. it's not only this issue, there are so many bugs/unfinished Points like the Bridge, Stretch n time etc. it seems that this Company has a massive internal Problem. i have no more trust. ssl is legacy Software.

...german software engineering vs nz "whatever"...
ilandjproducer 8:51 PM - 27 May, 2013
Quote:
How far in alternate directions are you at this point?[/quote
as soon as i found an alternate way to mix my vidz with my 2000 nexus, i switch, it s as simple as that !! they too much make fun of us !!
we are waiting in vain for a real update with real news for too long now
and…

CAN SOMEBODY FROM THE TEAM CAN HAVE THE BALLS TO REPLY TO US ????
CAUSE THIS IS THE WORST, YOU DON T EVEN CARE OF THE TREAD !!!!!!
WE ARE CUSTOMERS AND WE DESERVE AT LEAST SOME RESPECT !!!!!
ilandjproducer 8:53 PM - 27 May, 2013
Quote:
How far in alternate directions are you at this point?

as soon as i found an alternate way to mix my vidz with my 2000 nexus, i switch, it s as simple as that !! they too much make fun of us !!
we are waiting in vain for a real update with real news for too long now
and…

CAN SOMEBODY FROM THE TEAM CAN HAVE THE BALLS TO REPLY TO US ????
CAUSE THIS IS THE WORST, YOU DON T EVEN CARE OF THE TREAD !!!!!!
WE ARE CUSTOMERS AND WE DESERVE AT LEAST SOME RESPECT !!!!!
Mr Wilks 12:38 PM - 28 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
How far in alternate directions are you at this point?

as soon as i found an alternate way to mix my vidz with my 2000 nexus, i switch, it s as simple as that!

I think, but not sure, that Mixvibes has video and is also HID with the Nexus. I've not checked but it seems to stick out in my head for some reason.
Daniel Ventura 1:11 PM - 28 May, 2013
Mixvibes and vdj have vid support
ilandjproducer 6:20 PM - 28 May, 2013
thanks, will check that...
deejdave 9:37 PM - 28 May, 2013
I have tried Mixvibes and only found issues. As far as VDJ I will say I am not sure. I just can't bring myself to using VDJ LOL
zona816 11:24 PM - 28 May, 2013
JUST USE TIME CODE, MIDI AND MIX EMERGENCY.. :) IF THAT WORKS FOR YOU BRO..
ilandjproducer 11:03 AM - 29 May, 2013
i really can't use time code anymore since in tried HID...
Mr Wilks 1:09 PM - 29 May, 2013
Quote:
Mixvibes and vdj have vid support

I don't think VDJ has HID support though?
Mr Wilks 1:11 PM - 29 May, 2013
...and Mixvibes also have an app for iPads

#justsayin
Mr Wilks 1:18 PM - 29 May, 2013
Watch the Mixvibes Cross video here and see how to mix video using HID. This is how we will see it in Scratch Live soon.

Also, it helps to know that they know a thing or two about the HID as they developed Rekordbox for Pioneer.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr Wilks 1:58 PM - 29 May, 2013
Also, check what was written by DJTT and the comments underneath.

4 Decks, HID, Video plugin, Good master tempo algorithm, Wapable beat grid. Oh and with Rekordbox, your playlists are interchangeable too.
Mr Wilks 1:58 PM - 29 May, 2013
BERTO 2:34 PM - 30 May, 2013
U want an answer from serato?! Go into serato dj/intro area and request hid in ever thread. They answer every thread there so if u hit up enough of them they will get it. :) #troll
deejdave 7:48 PM - 31 May, 2013
Quote:
U want an answer from serato?! Go into serato dj/intro area and request hid in ever thread. They answer every thread there so if u hit up enough of them they will get it. :) #troll

This tactic would work but isn't it sad that one must stoop to this level to get Serato's attention? A customer who purchased controller for $200 has access to more support than an individual that payed over $6k on their setup.
BERTO 2:10 AM - 1 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

This tactic would work but isn't it sad that one must stoop to this level to get Serato's attention? A customer who purchased controller for $200 has access to more support than an individual that payed over $6k on their setup.

Its a troll move but if u get their attention and get ur feature its a win!
BERTO 2:11 AM - 1 June, 2013
I dont need this feature im just suggesting a way to get heard
deejdave 4:32 AM - 1 June, 2013
IMO there is no doubt that they are seeing these posts.......... they are just choosing to ignore them at this point. That is part of the problem for me. I can also say for certain what their response would be if they chose to take the high road and answer. I just wish there was more of a respect for their DJ's who have been there from start and have no idea why they don't care of bringing on a premature end. TBH I a almost feel its my own fault for still giving a damn. It is simply adding to the "they're not going anywhere, we can do what we want" mentality that has seemed to manifest over there at Serato. SSL users as a whole are being regarded as second class citizens when in the real world we are the ones spending all the money, have all the talent, and have been at it for years with no end in sight (DJing not with Serato).
angmoh 12:44 AM - 4 June, 2013
So, should we as a collective target a date this week to go on the Intro/Itch forums and start posting about HID? We deserve a response, and we really are being ignored. If a competitor can roll out HID across all Pioneer models supporting it, and if Native Instruments has exceeded Serato in this regard, don't we all deserve a simple response?
deejdave 1:03 AM - 4 June, 2013
As a collective I sure would. Maybe get everyone who is following this post involved as it is strength in numbers. Maybe not demanding the update RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW but more of a just tell us if & more importantly WHEN????? For the record we will not be breaking any rules just going a bit off topic from which ever post we decide to go with lololol.

Anyone else willing to add to this "mini movement"??
DJMark 1:44 AM - 4 June, 2013
Quote:
if you had dropped almost $6000 on the nexus system

I'd feel hopelessly suckered and ripped-off.

Marketing tactics are one area that Pioneer has displayed competence. Too bad their technical design, sound quality, and customer support all suck.

I bet you could recover all that money on trade for a 62 and a nice pair of 1200M5G's though, so all is not lost. :-)
deejdave 1:58 AM - 4 June, 2013
LOL I already own the 62 and a pair of 1200's it is just not even close to my primary rig for obvious reasons. Let's also get one thing out of the way here. Scratch Live is the one falling behind here not the other way around. I have nothing but good things to say about my CDJ-2000 nexus's and DJM-900. I wish I could say the same thing about SSL. Also going back to the 1200's would be taking a HUUUUUUGE step backwards. Don't get me wrong I love my 1200's. The 2000's are simply a better option for me.

I also used to say the same things about Pioneer. The day I was able to afford them was the last day I had anything bad to say about them. The same goes for Mac's. What works for me may not work for all but there is no denying it absolutely works for me. SSL used to work for me as well.......................
DJMark 2:03 AM - 4 June, 2013
I can easily afford Pioneer's products, but I've been burned too many times by their products not living up to expectations (especially considering the prices), and I deeply resent their crap customer support.

Besides, $2,000 CD players in 2013 just makes me laugh.
deejdave 2:35 AM - 4 June, 2013
I was simply using the retail price to prove a point. I was obvioisly as thrifty as possible about it. I got one for $1,700 & the other for $1,800 both after tax. They honestly suit my purposes (actually exceed them) while maintaining the reliability which was the original reason I escaped from Denon & found Pioneer.
nik39 3:05 AM - 4 June, 2013
Comparing Denon and Pioneer CD players is cruel! :)
deejdave 8:41 PM - 4 June, 2013
Quote:
Comparing Denon and Pioneer CD players is cruel! :)

LOL There is no comparison, I know but what else is there? Numark is a joke, so what does that leave................. gemini?In all fairness I loved my DN-S1000's. I also bought the 3500's for professional use & the 3700's for fun. The s-1000's I loved and the 3500's/3700's are what brought the end to my love for Denon. Cool looking and neat that the platter spun but that was where it ended. Horrible experience with Scratch Live which was all I was interested in at the time...................... enter Pioneer CDJ-800's leading to CDJ-400's leading to CDJ-900's. Loved them all but could not live without having the best of the best. It's just the way I am. I'm about firepower and capabilities and above all I am all about no limits especially when it comes to my creativity.

Some people love to rip on Pioneer as did I way back when to make myself feel better about not having them. I also told myself I could afford them anytime I wanted, I just didn't want them LOL (True Story tho). The main point I am making here is Pioneer did not earn there place in my business with clever marketing or ad campaigns. I also don't give a flying F*%# who uses them (product placement). They earned there wings by never failing & being the cutting edge technology through & through.

I feel this way about Pioneer and believe it or not I feel the same way about Serato. This is why I am at such a loss (literally) with Serato not supporting my CDJ-2000's. My life is not what it used to be LMAO. Seriously though WTF??

To say that the CDJ-2000 Nexus is a waste of money would be implying there is a better value for a similar product. What is a product comparable to the CDJ-2000 Nexus. Just one valid suggestion is all I'm asking. FYI 1200's DO NOT fit here for obvious reasons nor do Controllers for obvious reasons.
WhattaMac 1:38 AM - 11 June, 2013
@deejdave

I own CDJ 2000's (Non Nexus) and CDJ 900's and do understand your being upset as HID is probably hands down the best (yes, better than timecode/1200's) means of controlling/manipulating SSL.

However, I am a little confused how you bought (2) Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus' that cost you $4K and you didn't know/find out if they were supported by HID???? Seeing as how this seems to you to be a VERY important requirement (and I agree) wouldn't you hold off on this purchase till the 2000 Nexus actually was supported. You wouldn't buy a $2K+ Macbook Pro on the "hoping" it would do all the things you needed it to do, hoping that either Apple or a third party would make an application?

i do understand why you want HID support for your Nexus players, I don't blame you, but for you to put this all on Serato is a little silly.. Serato didn't sell you "their" product. Pioneer sold you your product and failed to mention that HID wasn't supported. (Pioneer's fault, anyway you call it..) The Pioneer forum is where you should be blowing up on!! (Oh, i forgot they "Edit" peoples posts to remove any negative coments about their products..)

In the end, it takes (2) companies working together to make HID work. Serato is one, Pioneer is the other.. I would think this comes down to a $ decision on Pioneers shoulders though.. They will have to pay Serato for the privelede, me thinks....
deejdave 2:29 AM - 11 June, 2013
I did know that they were not supported however common sense would lead me to believe that any Pro DJ Software that would strive to be the top of the line would strive to support the top of the line media solution. I, just like everyone else knew what I was getting into but at this point Serato SHOULD have this update as their number one priority.

Quote:
In the end, it takes (2) companies working together to make HID work. Serato is one, Pioneer is the other.. I would think this comes down to a $ decision on Pioneers shoulders though.. They will have to pay Serato for the privelede, me thinks....

The HID is there for any software to take advantage of. This puts the ball in Serato's court. They are "working on it" and just have not released it. This IS NOT a pioneer/Serato $ deal unless Serato as well as Pioneer are flat out lying. Pioneer has stated that it is 100% up to Serato and Serato has not denied it. Being fluent in the language of "Serato" this is practically gospel. It does take two companies but Pioneer has done their part. Traktor has done their, as well as Mixvibes. Virtual DJ ........... well let's not go there as we are trying to keep this a Pro only topic. As far as I know that leaves the slow kid in the class Serato.

If you read the posts more thoroughly you would also have noticed that the major issue is not the fact the they are not supported but the fact that the DJ's using them are not supported. We are left in the dark not knowing if/when this will happen. Serato has said they are working on it but again being fluent in "Serato" this is far from gospel. Personally the simple feeling of knowing would suffice or at least count for something knowing that my Pioneers will be united with my Serato Library (in which I have been putting 2-4 hrs. a day every other day for the past 6 years of my life) again soon.
Konix 1:03 PM - 11 June, 2013
Serato have stated on their Facebook page the CDJ-2000 Nexus HID support is coming in the next version... i44.tinypic.com
BERTO 4:42 PM - 11 June, 2013
Quote:
Serato have stated on their Facebook page the CDJ-2000 Nexus HID support is coming in the next version... i44.tinypic.com

So 6 months guys
deejdave 9:26 PM - 11 June, 2013
Thanks Konix for that breath of fresh air. I am looking forward to it and with all the time they've taken to release it I am hopeful all the kinks will be worked out.
angmoh 2:42 PM - 17 June, 2013
Phenomena. New club I'm playing at got nexus CDJs. Phew, hope it comes soon
deejdave 8:12 PM - 17 June, 2013
ahhhhh welcome to the club. Now imagine if you paid for them out of your pocket............... then you would be in my world hahaha
zona816 3:49 PM - 18 June, 2013
I JUST CANT WAIT!!!! I hope that they include video mapping for the 900
in the HID support.
deejdave 11:23 PM - 24 June, 2013
What will the next Serato Newsletter bring????

I say honey boo boo scratch n sniff control vinyl & Paris Hilton is the new Serato Icon but what won't be there.............................. any guesses?
ilandjproducer 12:20 AM - 25 June, 2013
+100000
zona816 6:42 PM - 8 July, 2013
does anyone knows when is the next update ?
deejdave 7:40 PM - 8 July, 2013
Yes Serato Does but they refuse to comment on it. Even if they say they don't they are literally lying to us. Companies regularly have goals and deadlines. The only difference is Serato is fearful of not meeting these deadlines thus they feel it is easier to not announce them and be on the safe side. What they fail to recognize though is that in this equation the amount of customers subtracted are staggering. I am not talking about more and more people complaining and wanting the industry standard player recognized so Serato can become part of the industry standard setup again. I am talking about less people complaining. As in they have given up. This forum was ablaze for a while with people wanting Serato to rectify the situation but look at it now. We've got weeks not hours in between any posts on CDJ-2000 Nexus status (obviously from customers as you can replace that with months when talking about Serato themselves). Worst part is they see this very thread here and have yet to comment. What does that say to you? I can also tell you the reason. Traktor is spot on and Rekordbox is getting better every day.

Larger companies sometimes forget that it takes a LOTTTT of hard earned money to purchase this gear and when making any decisions first and foremost comes the trust. When talking about Pros not bedroom DJ's or hobbyists (who go for flashy lights, & spinning platters) trust is number one. As in will the product work, will it be reliable, will it have the features I need, and will it support & be compatible with everything else I use/need? Another thing Serato is failing to recognize is that even after they release this supposed update they may not be able to pull the customers they lost back. Forget features, forget updates.......................... simply put Traktor & Rekordbox was there for them when Serato would not so much as let them know (with some cold hard facts, not twitter hearsay) that they are not forgotten and at least an apology for having no regards for the people who pay their salary. I know Serato DJ and the controllers that go along with it are their cash cow AT THE MOMNENT, but moments pass and so will the "DJ's using them and who will still be in the game setting trends and standards???? THE PRO'S!!! WITH OR WITHOUT SERATO.....................
ilandjproducer 8:25 PM - 8 July, 2013
+1
Daniel Ventura 9:19 PM - 8 July, 2013
So true...
intensify 7:51 AM - 9 July, 2013
pioneer announced serato supports HID in 2.5.0 release

www.facebook.com
DJ KOLOS 8:24 AM - 9 July, 2013
@intensify, I just saw it on FB and I tried clicking through but it disappeared. :(
A little bit upset now.
Mr Wilks 9:44 AM - 9 July, 2013
Well at least we know is imminent. That's a good sign.
intensify 3:17 PM - 9 July, 2013
looks like pioneer deleted their post
deejdave 7:40 PM - 9 July, 2013
At least Pioneer knew enough to spread some hope. I am sure they are thinking to themselves they don't want Serato's bad business practices ruining their good name as well. My guess is someone from Serato got in contact with Pioneer saying to take it down. I know I'm turning into a conspiracy theorist but without any word from the boys in black & white I am forced to make up my own versions on what is going on. Funny part is I'm probably getting many of these right.
Phil G 7:45 PM - 9 July, 2013
Mr Wilks 8:07 PM - 9 July, 2013
That proves it's imminent and it looks like Pio has jumped the gun before the official Serato announcement as there has been no public beta yet of 2.5. I suspect there has been closed betas to selected people (as always) but we should expect a beta first.

Expect the release to come any day now.

Also, we knew the next release of SL had support for the 2000 Nexus as Serato themselves confirmed it many times. They just never said when it was coming, only that they was working on it a few months ago so Pioneer's tweet is basically announcing it's nearly ready.

Bear this in mind...

If it is version 2.5 then expect something fresh and new, and not only Nexus support as Serato jump up small increments with big features.
I have a sneaky feeling there will be some exciting things on the horizon if we are going to 2.5 and not 2.4.5
Phil G 8:10 PM - 9 July, 2013
It's a little under 2 hours until the serato offices open, hopefully we'll see something today
deejdave 8:19 PM - 9 July, 2013
Uhhhhhhh KEEP your fingers crossed and let's all sing Kumbaya!!!
deejdave 8:26 PM - 9 July, 2013
Serato needs to understand that even speaking of it (from one of the manufacturers or developers) is sometimes enough to raise spirits and re-assure customers they are not forgotten. Just look at the activity this has stirred up. HOPE IS ALIVE!! Thanks PIO!!

@ Mr Wilks - YES I agree. Hopefully something new and innovative that will get my blood pumping. It really seems weird how Serato has seemingly been hibernating and not even flinching at the many jabs & stabs they have been taking over the last few months. You never know maybe they feel whatever they have in store is just that substantial that it will erase all that has been done/not done. I know personally something substantial is exactly what it will take to earn my full trust again. They still have my favor as I absolutely love the crate/library management system they have and for me that is #1 but my favor is not solely what influences my future purchases. It is also my needs, wants, as well as TRUST!!
Mr Wilks 8:36 PM - 9 July, 2013
The 2.5 and not 2.4.5 has got me thinking what else is included?

I do know quantized cues are being discussed at Serato HQ at how to implement them. Also MIDI out has been confirmed as a future plan by Serato. Maybe Smart Sync too?

I actually think this will be a good upcoming release but the suspense is killing me now we know it's so so close!
deejdave 8:38 PM - 9 July, 2013
Just in from Pioneer ......................"There will be official news shortly"

forums.pioneerdj.com
Mr Wilks 8:59 PM - 9 July, 2013
Haha!

An epic 'backtrack' from Pioneer for leaking something Serato hadn't even announced!

You can bet we will hear more in about 4 hours when Serato get into work and realise their 'secret V2.5' has been leaked a day or so too early.

I'm thinking the news was scheduled to go out today but with the time zone difference, Pio dropped the ball.

This sometimes happens when business partners are on the opposite sides of the world and the press release guy doesn't do his homework!

I'll put my money on Serato announcing something today, or at least in the next few days.
deejdave 9:12 PM - 9 July, 2013
Well thank god for time zones as we found out a little earlier but damn them because I wish they would open for business and SAY SOMETHING hahaha. Time will tell.
WarpNote 9:19 PM - 9 July, 2013
Serato has now commented on that twitter image on facebook.
Thinking about selling the ddj-sx, my old cdj1000mk3, the 68 mixer, and get nexus players with a 62. Keeping my techs for life though.
deejdave 9:22 PM - 9 July, 2013
Anyone wanna know why they commented???? BECAUSE JOACHIM GARRAUD made a comment about STILL waiting for it!! At least it has been confirmed by both camps.
WarpNote 9:30 PM - 9 July, 2013
Im speculating here, but anyway, Garraud has probably been on a closed beta, testing it already.
At least thats what I would assume, as a Dj promoting both pioneer and serato scratch live/video.
deejdave 9:35 PM - 9 July, 2013
you would think but by what he said "Still waiting this upgrade for so long ! i hope this not gonna be a fake ; )" it leads to an alternative assumption.
Mr Wilks 10:02 PM - 9 July, 2013
Quote:
Im speculating here, but anyway, Garraud has probably been on a closed beta, testing it already.

At least thats what I would assume, as a Dj promoting both pioneer and serato scratch live/video.

Exactly what I thought. There even was a cheeky 'wink' at the end. He knows.

It's very early in Aukland. Maybe someone was woken from their slumber to respond to that.

"Really really soon" is imminent.
deejdave 10:16 PM - 9 July, 2013
Yeah I saw that too. I dunno I just feel that with what he said about hoping it's not fake was the wink's intentions. He doesn't use it at his gigs at them moment then again who would use a beta version professionally? OMG look at me analyzing his every word like a freaking Justin Bieber fan!! hahaha
DJ_T!TZ 4:34 AM - 10 July, 2013
a little meme i made about this.. haha!

www.facebook.com
deejdave 8:07 PM - 10 July, 2013
Nice One!! Yeah we will just leave it up to Pioneer at this point to keep us in the loop with daily operations at Serato. Don't get me wrong as I'm happy as can be with the news of it coming and I am a patient person (an adult) who can wait. I only have a problem with the way they are handling this. Why is being treated as a "by the way" instead of a "finally!!!" If they are trying to stamp out any last minute issues they should give up as it can never be perfect on release and the professionals using Nexsus's (for obvious reasons) know this and are expecting to have a few bugs. So let's release and bang them out together.

Also I have a request of the Serato Users >>>>>>>>
To make this as easy as possible can we PLEASE make sure we are running Macs so the techs don't have to waste valuable time & effort on issues that can be fully blamed on the machine. I understand the chances are if they are using Nexus gear they are most likely using Macs as they are both the standard in their fields but it seems assuming around here is never a safe thing to do. Is this even a fair request?

If there are any Nexus owners that run PC can you help me understand why? This is not a challenge just purely informational. I know the hands down largest issue that leads to many excuses is the cost. That would probably not be a factor if running Nexus gear so what is it? Maybe there is something I am missing? Help a brother out here!!
North-Rider 11:38 AM - 11 July, 2013
So close, yet so far. Now I gotta hurry and move my DJM900 nexus and pick up a 62.
zona816 3:12 PM - 11 July, 2013
Quote:
So close, yet so far. Now I gotta hurry and move my DJM900 nexus and pick up a 62.

why would you trade a 900 for a 62 ?
zona816 3:13 PM - 11 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

why would you trade a 900 for a 62 ?

BTW , I have both , just curious :)
North-Rider 3:25 PM - 11 July, 2013
Not all that impresse with the 900. I tried rekordbox and wasn't a fan (a bit too glitchy for me on the link department, and the library switches my songs every now and again (titles) on its own, quantized effects is what sold me on the 900 and you need rekordbox to use that feature. I rather use serato and instead of buying an sl2 and having to log something else around rather get the 62. Plus I don't really need 4 Channels.
serkan 8:50 PM - 11 July, 2013
I'd really like to see HID for the Nexus line even though I don't own any Pioneer equipment. I just think it's essential to the software I really like.

But pleeeaaase stop whining about Serato DJ. I know you are the real DJs and everyone else who bought a controller sucks balls. I wish I had payed only €10 for my controller as it's a toy anyway...

But stop. I actually have payed a shitload of money for a total of 5 turntables, at least 8 mixers and dozens of cartridges and headphones. But I also have 2 controllers and I can already see me buying just another one. And don't get me started on records, CDs and downloaded music.

Have you guys ever been to the controller forums? ITCH has reached 2.2.2 and never was stable or feature packed. SDJ made it to 1.2 which is a total bug fest in it's 8th month and one of my two controllers is still not supported. Everyone over there just wishes SDJ will gain the maturity of SL sometime but it's not even close. And what about The (dead) Bridge which never came to controllers as promised or Serato Video?

So stop bitchin' around. We are all in the same boat. The development slowed down on every single product they make and they're missing the innovations for a long time now. I almost feel they reached a dead end.

I know they will not say anything about their future road map and I don't expect them to do so. We know this kind of keeping everything a huge secret even from the biggest companies - especially Apple.

I just hope they wake up soon and prove us better than they are doing now.
kameleon 7:07 PM - 13 July, 2013
@Deejdave. I don't want to get into a PC vs. mac debate, but I am a PC owner and I do prefer it over macs. I don't like being locked in to such a small set of hardware options. I only had one problem due to the laptop overheating in an outdoor gig in the summer. I do understand your concerns of trying to support multiple platforms. However, as a software developer, I know that there are ways to minimize the duplication of coding between platforms... Gaming companies do this all the time. Just my 2 cents.
deejdave 12:58 AM - 14 July, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^ I do understand porting but isn't that one of the largest causes of compatibility issues? Don't get me wrong I hope everyone gets what they want out of this release. It's honestly a bit selfish but at this point I'm just so on the fence with Serato that I need this to go smoothly to convince all of myself it is a good idea to invest further in Serato products.
Konix 11:31 PM - 14 July, 2013
AND v2.5 has been released with CDJ-2000 Nexus HID support...

serato.com
deejdave 11:31 PM - 14 July, 2013
HOOOOOLLLLLYYYYY SHEEEEEIIIITTTTTT!!!!
deejdave 11:37 PM - 14 July, 2013
Serato Ipad App -------------- Well I guess I'm on my way to best buy!! You think they will release an app for iphone too?

I am a regular Serato customer and it's been exactly 2 minutes and 45 seconds since 2.5...................... i demand an update!!! LOLOL
That's enough forum talk I/ve got some nexus's to play with!!!
ilandjproducer 11:41 PM - 14 July, 2013
Already ?
ilandjproducer 11:42 PM - 14 July, 2013
Incredible, they did so fast...
deejdave 12:14 AM - 15 July, 2013
LOL
DJ KOLOS 12:28 AM - 15 July, 2013
DAMN IT, sold my Nexus' last Friday.
deejdave 12:32 AM - 15 July, 2013
Ur kidding?!?!?!?! that is a travesty!!! It seriously is working great.......... thus far not a single hiccup!!
deejdave 12:34 AM - 15 July, 2013
Although when they said waveforms I automatically assumed the running waveform. It is actually the "entire song" waveform. The only thing I would change so far is the fact that when moving the knob on other tab on CDJ (tag list, info, menu) and pressing it in it changes the song as if it were on browse tab.
DJ KOLOS 12:40 AM - 15 July, 2013
Not kidding, pretty bummed had them since they came out. Some of the clubs I work at have them or the regular 2000s. Could always buy them again, might give Serato DJ & the DDJ-SX a spin for a bit.
deejdave 12:43 AM - 15 July, 2013
Yeah I have that too. DDJ-SX is fun to play with but I kept my nexus's for the bigger gigs and always had that hope in the back of my mind................ OK maybe not so much in the back as I was pretty freakin vocal about it LOL. I'm just hoping it remains as reliable as it has been for the past hour. Kinda bummed out about the possibility of having to purchase an Ipad though.
angmoh 8:55 AM - 16 July, 2013
Has anyone tried it with a non-powered USB hub? It worked unpowered perfectly with the non-nexus models
Batzz music 12:09 PM - 16 July, 2013
zona816 1:47 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:
GUYS
pioneerdj.com

So its finally happening..... thanks Batzz
deejdave 7:50 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:
AND v2.5 has been released with CDJ-2000 Nexus HID support...

serato.com

No it finally happened and YES thanks.................. Konix
DJ_Phenom 3:26 AM - 17 July, 2013
works awesome so far. only thing I can't figure out is how to use the auto loop like i did with the CDJ-2000. anyone else notice that?
DJ_T!TZ 6:15 AM - 17 July, 2013
Quote:
works awesome so far. only thing I can't figure out is how to use the auto loop like i did with the CDJ-2000. anyone else notice that?

same here
WhattaMac 6:56 PM - 22 August, 2013
Ok bought (1) Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus yesterday and was trying it out at home using a SL3 and the native HID... Couple of things, first thing that bummed me out was no zoom-able waveforms on the CDJ display. (Only is zoom-able with Rekordbox encoded USB sticks or SD Cards. Not even on regular CD's tracks either...) This is a BIG fail imo.

Second, If you already own CDJ 2000 (non Nexus) and especially if you are using them for Serato, there is really zero reason to upgrade to the Nexus version... Most of the upgraded features (slip mode, etc) either completely don't work or "kinda" work.. Also, certain features from the regular 2000 are noticeably missing.... Loop Cutter for example...

Bottom line, returned the $1800 CDJ 2000 Nexus the "next day" and am currently looking for deals on used "regular" CDJ 2000 (NON- NEXUS).
WhattaMac 7:00 PM - 22 August, 2013
Oh and Pioneer's "Rekordbox" software is horrible... I am convinced that only Pioneer sponsored DJ's use it... No Auto Gain (tracks all at different volumes)..... Way wack... Pioneer should drop MixVibes and get Serato or Native to provide their software...
Daniel Ventura 7:01 PM - 22 August, 2013
as far as i know the zoomable waveform can't be triggered by a program it's exclusive for rekordbox users :-/ but you're right, if you use the cdjs mainly as a Controller there's absolutley no Need to upgrade to Nexus. even the serato typical Vibration bug is still there with the Nexus.
WhattaMac 7:07 PM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
as far as i know the zoomable waveform can't be triggered by a program it's exclusive for rekordbox users :-/ but you're right, if you use the cdjs mainly as a Controller there's absolutley no Need to upgrade to Nexus. even the serato typical Vibration bug is still there with the Nexus.

I have *very rarely" had the "vibration skip" bug problem... And more so on my CDJ 900's than my CDJ 2000's... But is has happened and it's annoying... I am kinda wondering if they would skip with regular CD's in the drives? Timecode CDs? Not that I am looking to ditch HID tho!!!
Daniel Ventura 8:32 PM - 22 August, 2013
No, the Vibration Problem exists only in hid mode with serato. Its all right with CDs, USB,SD, rekordbox, Traktor, vdj and mixvibes ;-)
Mr Wilks 9:19 PM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
No, the Vibration Problem exists only in hid mode with serato. Its all right with CDs, USB,SD, rekordbox, Traktor, vdj and mixvibes ;-)

Four different CDJ 900's in two different countries with two different laptops... that's my experience.

I even don't think it's all vibration as I get it when I touch the platter to bend in vinyl mode when there is no bass in the club.

Horrible.
deejdave 10:34 PM - 22 August, 2013
Help me out here. I have yet to be able to duplicate this bug. Could you give me a play by play as to how I could see this on my own players. I have yet to bring them to a club as The clubs by me have them installed but I am thinking of axing the use of rekordbox for the use Of Serato. I used to use Serato but made a switch due to their excessive delay in adding the HID for the nexus'.
Mr Wilks 10:59 PM - 22 August, 2013
HID in Serato has been horrific for live use for me so I've always used it in DVS mode and Dicers. It's too glitchy and randomly happens when I touch the outside of the platter if the track needs a little nudge.

Around four or five times over a 6 hour set but could be more.
Eduardo Serrano 2:00 AM - 3 October, 2013
I have the same problem, I cannot set the 4Beat loop. you cant even open the loop mode. or am I doing something wrong?
deejdave 2:23 AM - 3 October, 2013
This problem..................... BYE BYE In SDJ.
Eduardo Serrano 4:09 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
This problem..................... BYE BYE In SDJ

HUH?
deejdave 4:14 AM - 3 October, 2013
Oh I didn't even read your post I saw the I have the same problem, looked at the 5 prior posts and figured you were responding to them being the post directly to yours was about the vibration issue and there was no quote. I was saying the vibration issue is gone for the CDJ-2000 Nexus in Serato DJ. Instead of doing a porting they re-worked the whole system from the ground up. Who were you respond to if I may ask?
Eduardo Serrano 5:06 PM - 3 October, 2013
@ deejdave. I was responding to the issue of not being able to set the 4beat loop in HID. Do you know if Serato DJ works with the ScratchLive SL1 sound card? Currently I am using Serato ScratchLive, SL1 sound card, CDJ 2000nexus and DJM-900nexus. I know they are going ti Serato DJ eventually so I was wondering if I should start looking at it.
deejdave 6:31 PM - 3 October, 2013
NO it will never work with the SL1. As a matter of fact the SL1 & the ttm57SL will no longer have a supported software as of 2015. SSL is coming to an end along with the SL1 & 57. With the other gear you have you would want to upgrade anyways to keep with par. Trust me SDJ is the answer. The CDJ-2000 function is seamless NOT like it was with SSL.
Eduardo Serrano 5:10 PM - 12 November, 2013
I think I am going to upgrade and buy Serato 4 and start using Serato DJ.
What do you mean by: "The CDJ-2000 function is seamless NOT like it was with SSL"
Eduardo Serrano 5:40 PM - 12 November, 2013
Ok, excuse mi ignorance but what is DVS? as in Serato DJ with DVS?
deejdave 9:19 PM - 12 November, 2013
serato.com I found this by typing "what is DVS? as in Serato DJ" on yahoo. The CDJ-2000's & 900's etc had issues with vibrations among other issues.