Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Will Serato DJ allow me to set up manual loops using Vestax VCi 380?

VinnyC 3:41 PM - 17 March, 2013
Sorry I know you may have covered this issue on this forum but I can't find any relevant posts.

I'm seriously considering buying a Vestax VCi 380 but I've been made aware that it cannot handle manually defined loops in its current state using Itch. I currently use SSL and manually defined loops are an essential function for me, especially as I play a lot of non sequenced music (old disco etc). I need to be able to define loops manually as there is no way software can work out how to do it using four bar based assumptions.

It is unfortunate that the manual loop facility is missing from the VCi 380 console and Itch otherwise I would have brought it already.

My question is, will the forthcoming Serato DJ release for the VCi380 enable me to define loops manually using the console and software interfaces?

If it will, I will buy it this week in anticipation of the Serato DJ upgrade. If not, I will look for another console.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:40 PM - 17 March, 2013
There is no manual loops buttons on the vci-380 so we can assume they wont be anyway to control them.

You will be able to set manual loops in the software then save them into the 8 saved loops points and then trigger the saved manual loop from the vci-380
VinnyC 11:28 PM - 17 March, 2013
OK great thanks.
phatbob 7:43 AM - 18 March, 2013
You can set them manual loops using an extra midi controller though.
krewcial 11:25 AM - 16 April, 2014
Since the early May 2013 update of Serato DJ, you can set and edit manual loops with the VCI380 without touching your computer.

Simply press ROLL twice and you can set begin and end of your manual loop with the first 2 bottom row pads.

Press AUTOLOOP twice to access and turn previously saved manual loops on/off.

I was hesitant about getting a VCI380 since I make extensive use of manual loops myself, but there's no reason not to upgrade.