Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

( Petition Request ) For Serato DJ 64Bit Version for Windows OS

LJ_WOOLSEY 4:28 PM - 26 February, 2013
+1 we all been moaning!
Dj Dave Tintin Aitken 7:06 PM - 20 September, 2013
Another +1, A 64 bit version would utilise hardware better and is really needed to futureproof the use of the software
Funkytownstopsix 3:41 PM - 15 October, 2013
+1
Kittmaster 12:58 AM - 16 October, 2013
Yeah, let's get with the times...... +1
sasa1981 3:56 AM - 16 October, 2013
+1
beisi 3:32 PM - 16 October, 2013
+1 (shouldn't this be in the feature request forum?)
dj-nice 6:42 PM - 16 October, 2013
+1.000.000.000.000
DjAluminati 6:21 AM - 25 October, 2013
+1 i have been waiting for serato to come up with a 64 bit application i have a huge library that just crashes always
EL DIABLO 2:21 PM - 27 October, 2013
++++++1
DJNoob 6:41 AM - 11 January, 2014
It's 2014 and no 64bit? how easy is it compile the source to 64bit?
stevenowa 4:11 AM - 29 January, 2014
Are you guys serious? It's not 64 bit? No wonder they can't add a visualizer.
sasa1981 11:47 PM - 9 March, 2014
+1
Dj-Melo 10:54 PM - 20 June, 2014
+1
pdidy 6:11 PM - 22 June, 2014
Wait a min....dj's actually use windows ?
pdidy 6:35 PM - 22 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Another +1, A 64 bit version would utilise hardware better and is really needed to futureproof the use of the software

Totally agree most of the issue is because Serato is still using 32bit platform

Can't remember were I read it but I think I recall Serato saying this IS NOT the case which is why they put priority in continued development of 32bit.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:20 PM - 22 June, 2014
Hey guys

Creating a 64 bit application is something that is on our long term road map. With our work on our library management system though, there is nothing in our current feature set (or list of issues) that would be greatly helped by going to 64 bit.

Cheers
Aaron
pdidy 9:56 PM - 22 June, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys

Creating a 64 bit application is something that is on our long term road map. With our work on our library management system though, there is nothing in our current feature set (or list of issues) that would be greatly helped by going to 64 bit.

Cheers
Aaron

bingo, good timing Aaron E.
DJ Todd Anthony 8:13 AM - 24 June, 2014
I've used scratch live since 2007. I read the forums had no need to ask questions online ever. I've been quite for years. As SSL became more advance I've stepped up my laptops. Own 2 (one backup) 64 bit i7 quad core usb 3.0, 16 gigs of USE-LESS ram. I am a computer power user, I hold a few microsnach certs and I certainly don't know everything. I'm extremely tired of crashing scratch live with memory limitations due to my large library (I know to reduce it) <- that's ridiculous. Yes, I'm using scratch live, refuse to go serato dj till the bugs are fewer. PLEASE GO 64 BIT ALL READY! I understand people don't know the difference 32 vs 64 and I do. Starts with the BIOS or newer UEFI. With data everything must ride the bus. The north/south bridge, cpu, video chip, hard drive and for this big known issue the "RAM". RAM: 32bit limit is 4GB, 64bit is 192GB :) I can go ALOT deeper but no need to. GUESS WHAT! Mines reached the 2GB limit moons ago --> ""CRASHES CONSTANTLY"" <--. I've spoke to Rafeal, Shaun (Not their fault) you have no expectations in current near future for a 64 bit release.

Looked at Traktor and no freakin way will I step back. Their is no other DVS I'm interested after owning the 57 and now the 62. This is not a cheap investment! HAS NEW ZEALAND AT LEAST STARTED CODE? Your programmers have several by the balls waiting. I'm 100% sure broke DJ's will upgrade laptops IF you all pushed 64 bit. TOTAL waist of time utilizing, sticking with 32 bit! TOTAL!! (my opinion). Thier are many benefits of 64 bit and yes hurdles I'm sure for the programmers but why start out 32 bit SDJ (big mistake). The year 2014 mainstream boards are 64 bit not 32 bit. 64 bit arrived in 2003, 11 years ago.

Summery: DJ's don't have time for bullshit 64 bit is WAY OVERDUE!
pdidy 8:35 AM - 24 June, 2014
^^^lol smh
Funkytownstopsix 1:11 PM - 30 June, 2014
You do know young grasshopper that you can make SV or any serato dj program/32bit program run in 64bit. Do a search and see what you find. I run mine in 64bit... giving me all the memory...... I would give you the answer but where would the fun be in that.... since I had to search for it myself. I will tell you that I found the answer on these fourms... FYI I have no crashes using my laptop....0 let me make that clear zero.... I did a gig and ran serato video for 10 hours straight on my PC. Sometimes you can't wait for what you want you have to go get it... Good luck on your search...
DJ Todd Anthony 6:52 PM - 30 June, 2014
@ Funkytown: Please educate yourself: (scroll down to windows 7)
msdn.microsoft.com

Most 32 bit programs and apps are backwards compatible, some aren't. YES! SSL/SDJ 32 bit environment runs on 64 bit. That's not the point of this thread nor your problem. Your not running 64 bit app, it's 32 with limitations to memory (2GB) on a 64 bit OS.

Go into your programs x86 folder, that's legacy older 32 bit. Their you will find all 32 bit programs on your computer. You should have no problem finding SSL/SDJ their.

<#Go to regular "programs" directory, those are all 64 bit where SDJ future should now be! #>

x86 apps (32 bit) will be around for years but the future is 64 bit, then 128 bit I'll be worm dirt by then.

Scratch live/serato DJ programming limits RAM at 2GB in a 32 bit environment. Obviously you haven't reached that limit yet. If you create enough crates/subcrates you'd understand this thread. Until Serato DJ written in 64 bit comes on board I temporarily created a patch. On the business end cant afford crashing at all!

I'll be monitoring the site for the release. I absolutely love Scratch Live/Serato DJ! I own Traktor A6 as of yesterday. Also, IT'S 64 BIT PROGRAM. A slight learning curve but the library is now stable, I played with a cracked version then bought the legit sound card. Not happy at all my 62 is at waist now and SSL/SDJ is my preferred DVS.

I will be waiting.............
DJ Todd Anthony 12:05 AM - 1 July, 2014
I've seen the windows registry hack now here's the apple hack. I even "thought" about a possible 64bit sandbox running 32bit app allowing the full access to all the extended ram some how. Possibly unix/linux base Ubuntu with windows environment. I'm not a programmer at all but understand it.

With that running temporarily I have no clue on timeline to how long it would take to fill memory or my OS running into page file swap issues. It's a temp patch that may work for awhile, I just cant afford a live crash.
Funkytownstopsix 6:12 PM - 1 July, 2014
@DjSyndic8 correct....and it does work....You help somebody...

@DJ ANTHONY
Why are people so quick put down those who try and help......Look dude was just trying to help you no need to be all educated on me. ; ) I am very educated more so then what I type on these threads. I do have a WINDOWS 7 (also had it work on 8) machine that works and does not crash don't think I need much education in that area... : 0!!!!!!! BUT SOMEBODY DOES!!!!

It's all good though I know you are frustrated as most pc people are. If your worried about crashing do as I did and test... that's free advice and cost you nothing but time,,, simply test and test for longer than what you need. FYI I don't mean set auto play and let it play I mean play both sides, add text, pictures and use fx's. If it works a few times the you should be good. Yet if you don't want to try oh well...

Honestly my pc works with or without the hack but I like hack as I want more memory to be used if possible....With PC the most importants are... Video Drivers(updated and try others to see if you can get better performance. Codec.... I use K-lite and force to use direct draw all lav also K-lite removes broken codecs which keeps you from crashing.Take V sync off and be sure to enable 3d if you have dual cards make sure they are set to high performance so it will force the better card to do all the work.. If you have a dedicated card then it should work for you... Shared card,,,, well!!!! good luck... Also some good info here serato.com I say this because I have tried both ways as far as the codecs is concerned K-lite works best for my PC but on my buddies the way it was done in the link works best for him. You would think the codec are the same for the most part but they are not.. Good luck young grasshopper
Entro 8:58 PM - 13 March, 2015
It's 2015 now and it looks like Serato is one of the only 32 bit DJ software applications. Mixvibes, Virtual DJ, djay Pro, Traktor (next release, currently in beta) are all 64 bit now. Also one of the only (if not THE only) applications without key analysis, but that's for another thread. :)
loodusesass 6:24 PM - 2 April, 2015
I want this 64bit version too..
Coimbra 6:09 AM - 6 May, 2015
It really suck to launch Serato on OS X and see the CPU bar already in 25-30% with nothing running on it. i7, SSD Extreme, 16gb ram and i still suffer from performance drops sometimes. Even VirtualDJ is 64 bit. And btw, now Traktor too. Comeon ppl!
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:26 AM - 6 May, 2015
And with 64bit it will probably use more cpu
DjSyndic8 10:30 AM - 6 May, 2015
Quote:
And with 64bit it will probably use more cpu

but at least the workload will have a lot more ram to play with instead of the current 2gb on 32bit
DjSyndic8 10:34 AM - 6 May, 2015
I cant believe we're still discussing this Serato lets do this already the reason why I suggested this was because of the large library issue I think that issue has being sorted but you wont get much stability issues on 64bit
Funkytownstopsix 2:30 PM - 28 May, 2015
Lol but you would get more memory. It's a small thing to ask for and that would surely help more then it would hinder. PC has to many variable's for it not to have issues everybody must understand that so DJsyndic8 maybe right more memory more problems. But anything is better than what we have now.......
DJ Todd Anthony 5:14 PM - 29 May, 2015
I don't see this happening till SDJ hits a stability wall with all these updates and bug fixes. Once 4GB large library becomes a 32bit problem again and possibly other issues then maybe they'll start coding a 64bit release. CPU use would go down not up if utilizing more then one core in current processors, RAM would be utilized more efficiently once the bugs are worked out in 64 bit. I just can't understand why their not working on a 64bit release. Makes no sense but I'm sure they'd have to start from ground zero that would take forever. On the other end, maybe in the background they have started on 64bit and just not pursuing or mentioning it. If it was my life investment I sure as hell would start on it for the future of SDJ. Currently yes it's working but for how long. In time will find out as always.
OOKAMI 8:06 PM - 21 November, 2015
I agreed
please
thanks
f.a.y.a.o 2:04 PM - 22 November, 2015
+1! 64 bit not only allows more RAM, but also increase processing time significantly. Please Serato!
DJ Todd Anthony 4:56 AM - 27 November, 2015
Tick, Toc..... It's been several years mentioned & ignored. It's not going to happen till they add more and more features, then eventually "CRASH" !!!!
DjSyndic8 8:10 AM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:
Tick, Toc..... It's been several years mentioned & ignored. It's not going to happen till they add more and more features, then eventually "CRASH" !!!!

we've waited longer for serato to do video
Dann76 8:41 PM - 29 November, 2015
+1
DjTitoDotCom 5:18 PM - 6 December, 2015
Yes +1 for 64bit SDJ - switched back from my fling with Ni and only thing im missing is that they offered their version of Traktor in 64 bit which was a big step up from 32 bit as it allowed for more ram and processing power to be used = lower latency, faster response, faster library loading, analyzing, etc ...

You can have 8 gb, 16 gb, 32 gb, ramed out but wont mean shie if the apps your using are stuck at 32 bit with 4gb being max. It's that time.
DjSyndic8 10:29 PM - 6 December, 2015
Quote:
Yes +1 for 64bit SDJ - switched back from my fling with Ni and only thing im missing is that they offered their version of Traktor in 64 bit which was a big step up from 32 bit as it allowed for more ram and processing power to be used = lower latency, faster response, faster library loading, analyzing, etc ...

You can have 8 gb, 16 gb, 32 gb, ramed out but wont mean shie if the apps your using are stuck at 32 bit with 4gb being max. It's that time.

agreed +1
DJ TooHypE 5:59 AM - 7 December, 2015
+1 Seriously #SeratoDJ64BITS
DJ TooHypE 4:10 AM - 1 February, 2016
Quote:
There's a lot that I like about SDJ, but basic core functionality that SSL had in droves is still missing - years after SSL development stopped, and this is what is so frustrating and pissing off a lot of long time, brand faithful customers. Its obvious when designing the new software and discontinuing SSL a complete oversight was made on what actually made the original program so successful.

This ^ +1
Just last two months got Traktor Pro because NO LEGACY Pioneer CDJ-400 HID Support (Traktor Supports them), 64 Bits Software(Traktor 64/32 Bits), &*.ALS (The Bridge) but I still come back too SSL mainly because am familiar with SSL and because of (The Bridge) still having few bits obstacles with Traktor which one day I'll overcome in time as soon I am more familiar with the DVS and how too properly setup with my SL4 to record my sets, or properly use it in General!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:54 PM - 1 February, 2016
Hey DJ TooHype

You might want to post your ideas about SSL > SDJ over in this thread: serato.com

There's quite a healthy discussion going on over there you could get involved in.

Thanks, Aaron
Dann76 7:10 AM - 2 February, 2016
Aaron. Can you please tell us what is going on with windows. Seems like you have all the goods for Apple systems but us running windows are suffering. When are you guys giong to provide us with some decent software that doesn't crash or hang. In the 12 months been using you software on windows 7 and 8.1 and have only ever exited twice without having to force close. And my computer is configured the way you specify and none of the support you have given me has helped..
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:29 PM - 10 February, 2016
Hey Dann76

Apologies for the delayed response.

We try our best to look after all our customers, no matter which OS they are on. There's often a lot of talk amongst users about Windows vs Mac, which one's better, which one we favour etc., but I can honestly say that this is never even a discussion here in the office. We work hard to make SDJ as solid as possible for both environments.

We have had a lot of positive reports from users who have switched to Windows 10. Is this an option for you? Microsoft seem to have made big strides in reliability with this OS, particularly with the kind of intensive processing required by an application like SDJ.

If you want to give me your help ticket number, I'd be happy to take a look into it for you. We can usually get hanging and crashing resolved one way or another. You shouldn't have to live with that.

Cheers, Aaron
Dann76 5:21 AM - 11 February, 2016
Thank you Aaron. I've been scared to upgrade to win10 as i didn't want more issues with serato. I'll get onto it this weekend.
Thanks again
Daniel.
f.a.y.a.o 11:38 AM - 1 April, 2016
The stone in the foot is not only the Memory limit and processor cycles, but also run under 64-bit system. Serato runs under WOW64 service, which emulates a 32-bit machine, decreasing the performance. Please guys, unleash our possibilities!
DjSyndic8 4:43 PM - 1 April, 2016
Quote:
The stone in the foot is not only the Memory limit and processor cycles, but also run under 64-bit system. Serato runs under WOW64 service, which emulates a 32-bit machine, decreasing the performance. Please guys, unleash our possibilities!

+1

wow I started this thread in 2013 its now 2016 and were still waiting................................. my workaround until this is rectified is using a Mac, in my opinion Serato has always leaned more towards the stability of Macs more then they do windows.
f.a.y.a.o 4:57 PM - 1 April, 2016
Agreed. It is true that Serato's development team is focused in Apple systems. I feel frustrated with my i7 laptop with 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD running slower than a Mac with i5 and 4GB RAM... I look to my task manager and see SDJ suffering inside the WOW64.
Dann76 4:36 AM - 4 April, 2016
They told me upgrading to win 10 will resolve all of my issues... nope. Didn't work. Might be time to give rekordbox a try...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:48 PM - 4 April, 2016
Hey Dann76

You should definitely open up a help ticket if you haven't already (button to the right of the comment box). My suggestion was that Windows 10 may help, but if you are still having issues, it would be best if you work with one of the team directly so we can try and help resolve them.

Cheers, Aaron
f.a.y.a.o 8:46 PM - 5 April, 2016
I use Windows 10 64-bit, I did the "performance tunning" suggested, but It only runs well after I analyse all the files and close all unusable process, and it is impossible to use "Serato Video". We clearly see in Task Manager the problem with SDJ: WOW64 is process that put them inside a "cage".
Psythik 7:34 PM - 6 April, 2016
+1 x64 has been a thing for over a decade now. There is no reason for 32-bit apps to still exist in this day and age. It's 2016 FFS. Nobody's running XP with 4GB of RAM anymore.
Dann76 9:09 AM - 7 April, 2016
I hear that psythik. I can't understand how the so called professionals at serato continue to overlook that.
david07 7:27 PM - 8 May, 2016
+1 serato dj 64 bits better performance
Lama 4:45 AM - 6 July, 2016
+1
Dj Rabbit 12:07 PM - 17 July, 2016
+1
JShrimp 9:39 PM - 5 September, 2016
Quote:
+1 x64 has been a thing for over a decade now. There is no reason for 32-bit apps to still exist in this day and age. It's 2016 FFS. Nobody's running XP with 4GB of RAM anymore.

Please get the hint.....this discussion is open four 3 years and Aaron not to be rude but this is your exact comment....

Quote:
Hey guys

Cheers
Aaron

Can we have one answer to your statement 3 years and 3 months ago? How long is your long term plan?
JShrimp 9:41 PM - 5 September, 2016
Oh btw.... +1
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:50 AM - 6 September, 2016
Haha, fair enough JShrimp :)

Sorry, shouldn't laugh really - it's just always funny having your old words quoted back to you.

I still stand by those words for when they were spoken and to an extent they are still true. However, there have been a few things to consider in the interim that have led to us continuing with Serato DJ as a 32 bit application.

The main benefit that 64 bit would bring is memory utilisation. However it would also bring extra memory use. So while it would technically be beneficial for anyone with more than 4GB of RAM, it could potentially be terrible for anyone with 4GB or less as (for example) their library would instantly consume a lot more memory.

Which brings us to the main user of memory in Serato DJ - the library. Back when we were struggling to support large libraries there was a lot of discussion around 64 bit being a 'cure all' for this issue. We decided instead to fundamentally improve our library performance, which we achieved as of SDJ 1.7. To date, we have still struggled with iTunes XMLs that have blown out to a huge size, but this has been resolved as of the 1.9.3 beta which will be a production release soon.

So to cut a long story short, 64 bit support remains a future goal - if for no other reason to protect Serato DJ from the risk of of Apple or Microsoft dropping support for 32 bit applications - but for now there is little reason to push ahead with it, particularly in light of our memory usage optimisation in our library.

Happy to hear your thoughts on this though.

Cheers, Aaron
DJROME2711 8:38 AM - 9 September, 2016
The main benefit that 64 bit would bring is memory utilisation. However it would also bring extra memory use. So while it would technically be beneficial for anyone with more than 4GB of RAM, it could potentially be terrible for anyone with 4GB or less as (for example) their library would instantly consume a lot more memory.

then the people who have more than 4GB of ram would install the 64bit version whilst people with less can still run your sh***y 32bit

its ridiculous you don't give the consumer a choice or what version they want to run, its forced down there throats whilst you maintain fluffing all the Apple fans!
Funkytownstopsix 4:09 PM - 9 September, 2016
LOL DJ ROME TELL HIM HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!!!
DJ TooHypE 6:31 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:

then the people who have more than 4GB of ram would install the 64bit version whilst people with less can still run your sh***y 32bit

its ridiculous you don't give the consumer a choice or what version they want to run, its forced down there throats whilst you maintain fluffing all the Apple fans!

Thank you other companies over 32/64Bit I'm pretty sure for similar situation, I don't understand why Serato supposedly being one of the widest used DVS don't follow what other BIG COMPANIES ALREADY does!! Get it together and stop adding features reliability is/was industry standard it ain't no more!! With you all...!!
DjTooTallSTL 11:29 PM - 16 September, 2016
I just bought a PC gaming laptop with 8gb video card, 64gb ram, 4tb storage, anti-glare 17" screen, lit keyboard for $2500. Show me a mac book I can have all that will for the same price and Ill gladly buy one.

but the software will only give me 3.5gb of ram for library? WTF

With a large database of karaoke, music videos, & mp3 files... that memory gets gobbled up pretty fast. no way that is all going to work on an external drive, even with 3.1 usb and thunderbolt connections.

We need a 64bit version for PC.
DjSyndic8 3:17 AM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
I just bought a PC gaming laptop with 8gb video card, 64gb ram, 4tb storage, anti-glare 17" screen, lit keyboard for $2500. Show me a mac book I can have all that will for the same price and Ill gladly buy one.

With a large database of karaoke, music videos, & mp3 files... that memory gets gobbled up pretty fast. no way that is all going to work on an external drive, even with 3.1 usb and thunderbolt connections.

firstly you have a beast of a machine there bro, secondly I think you should google search Hackintosh on your machine, partition your OS system hard drive and dual boot windows and Mac OSx, if you successfully install Mac OS on your machine it would shit on any of the new macbook pros out there, :)
DjTooTallSTL 9:11 AM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

firstly you have a beast of a machine there bro, secondly I think you should google search Hackintosh on your machine, partition your OS system hard drive and dual boot windows and Mac OSx, if you successfully install Mac OS on your machine it would shit on any of the new macbook pros out there, :)

Thanks, ya I have kinda looked into doin that, it's the drivers for all the hardware that gets to be tricky
DjSyndic8 4:08 PM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, ya I have kinda looked into doin that, it's the drivers for all the hardware that gets to be tricky

yip thats right the drivers are the only issue also check out Tony Mac-->www.tonymacx86.com those guys will point you in the right direction
DjTooTallSTL 8:21 PM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yip thats right the drivers are the only issue also check out Tony Mac-->www.tonymacx86.com those guys will point you in the right direction

I'll take a look at that, thanks
lorenzo flecha 3:00 PM - 21 October, 2016
Se entiende que para Notebook de menos recursos, un sistema de 64bit, seria muy pesado. Entonces Yo digo... PORQUE NO SE PONEN LAS 2 VERSIONES PARA DESCARGA. (Tanto 64 bits, como 32 bits), y que cada usuario elija cual es la que necesite, dependiendo de tu capacidad.
DjSyndic8 6:13 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
Se entiende que para Notebook de menos recursos, un sistema de 64bit, seria muy pesado. Entonces Yo digo... PORQUE NO SE PONEN LAS 2 VERSIONES PARA DESCARGA. (Tanto 64 bits, como 32 bits), y que cada usuario elija cual es la que necesite, dependiendo de tu capacidad.

Estoy de acuerdo en su 2016 y no debería ser un poco 64 y 32 un poco por ahora.
Twidel 5:34 PM - 23 November, 2016
+1
dj pika 10:37 AM - 26 November, 2016
+1 +1 +1 +1 + 1+
64 bits ont est en 2016. pour un logiciel pro à 299 euros c'est la moindre des choses !
DEMOND DJ 1:51 PM - 14 December, 2016
+1+1+1 where is the version of 64bits, incredible that Serato not make it, Hope the company listen the costumers that we pay for the premiun license. the SO is 64bits, fix this problems,
djcruzz 5:05 AM - 11 January, 2017
please serato we need a 64bit version of this software
DJ Todd Anthony 6:36 PM - 19 January, 2017
Tick, Toc.....
DaNny DJ 5:55 AM - 29 January, 2017
+1 please
DJ MAZE ONER 1:05 AM - 1 February, 2017
HELLO I AM .....SO I JUST EMAILED THE SERTO TEAM LIKE THREE TIMES AND NO ANSWER THNKS SERATO TEAM FOR YOUR HELP
Dj ZestyTesties 4:19 AM - 7 August, 2017
+1 Ive done a ton of research and troubleshooting, however, i am still receiving a lag between my ddj sz and serato. Ive tried putting everything on a solid state, optimizing, redownloading drivers, reducing programs running on my desktop, audio latency. The only solution i think could be the limitations of 32bit on my desktop that is running 64bit. If someone else has solved this problem please inform me: xeon e3 1280 v3 3.60ghz, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 256 ssd, 750 gold standard ps, normal cpu usage when running the program is 15% and 6% virtual memory
Dj ZestyTesties 4:20 AM - 7 August, 2017
+1 Ive done a ton of research and troubleshooting, however, i am still receiving a lag between my ddj sz and serato. Ive tried putting everything on a solid state, optimizing, redownloading drivers, reducing programs running on my desktop, audio latency. The only solution i think could be the limitations of 32bit on my desktop that is running 64bit. If someone else has solved this problem please inform me: xeon e3 1280 v3 3.60ghz, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 256 ssd, 750 gold standard ps, normal cpu usage when running the program is 15% and 6% virtual memory
mixgoonie 1:22 PM - 7 August, 2017
intro or SDJ ?
Dj ZestyTesties 10:21 PM - 7 August, 2017
sdj
DjSyndic8 8:05 AM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
sdj

all serato software to be available in 64bit
Laz219 3:03 PM - 3 September, 2017
I have nothing useful to add to this thread.
But, DJ Zesty Testies sounds like something that would be made as a joke in a "Give me a DJ name" thread.
Well played.

Although...what operating system?
Andyc-1970 6:11 PM - 14 October, 2017
Gets my vote.. +1
DJ Gue$$ 12:19 AM - 17 October, 2017
+1 YES!!! I cant even upload my external hardrive. 212k songs and music. Cant get any help. Serato keeps asking me whats wrong.. I don't know, maybe its not a 64 bit program..
DjSyndic8 5:04 AM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
+1 YES!!! I cant even upload my external hardrive. 212k songs and music. Cant get any help. Serato keeps asking me whats wrong.. I don't know, maybe its not a 64 bit program..

the only workaround at the moment is try to cut your library down to under 1k
or try this lil app it allows Serato to use more Ram Memory currently serato uses up to 2gb of ram this app allows you to use 4 or more gbs of memory hence3 allowing you to load bigger libraries www.ntcore.com
DJ Gue$$ 6:07 AM - 17 October, 2017
I have attempted the work around, unfortunately I had planned on using Serato video as a karaoke software, I'm not thinking that this will be possible... What do I do?? I now have Serato video ($100) that is going un used. Yes I had the trial version, I just assumed that the trial was preventing me from using all of my music. Paid for Dj Suite ($300)
DjSyndic8 9:18 AM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
I have attempted the work around, unfortunately I had planned on using Serato video as a karaoke software, I'm not thinking that this will be possible... What do I do?? I now have Serato video ($100) that is going un used. Yes I had the trial version, I just assumed that the trial was preventing me from using all of my music. Paid for Dj Suite ($300)

have you tried Virtual DJ for Karaoke ?
DJ Gue$$ 9:20 AM - 17 October, 2017
Yes, and it works great. But... I just paid $300 for serato, i would have to pay an extra $200 to use my new controller with vdj.
DjSyndic8 9:26 AM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
Yes, and it works great. But... I just paid $300 for serato, i would have to pay an extra $200 to use my new controller with vdj.

whats the $200 for
DJ Gue$$ 9:30 AM - 17 October, 2017
I now have a NS7ii. Its 200 to use the device through VDJ
DJ Gue$$ 9:32 AM - 17 October, 2017
Regardless though, Id like to use Serato for my stuff. Back to the original post, they need to upgrade the program in order to be used by people like myself who have 200+ tracks on my harddrive.
DjSyndic8 9:46 AM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
Regardless though, Id like to use Serato for my stuff. Back to the original post, they need to upgrade the program in order to be used by people like myself who have 200+ tracks on my harddrive.

I don't think that's going to happen any time soon I started this petition in 2013 after finding out myself that the reason why serato wont load is because of 32bit limitations, serato didn't tell me this I bought it to there attention, I must admit they have tried to fix the issue through updates but when your working with a 32bit platform there's always going to be memory issues
DjSyndic8 9:48 AM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
I now have a NS7ii. Its 200 to use the device through VDJ

im just going to say that virtual dj is one of the most cracked software's out there
if you want to try it out full version, wink wink,
Xcerpo 7:25 PM - 24 October, 2017
I have a gaming hp omen windows 10 64 bit that runs serato badly with a vestax vci 400... Since vestax is away from this 32 64 bit game i probably might have to resale my computer cause latencymon encounter a few errors on my system that do not bring stability to audio processing... Same thing happens on traktor somehow the system is not avaiable to process audio...
DjSyndic8 1:57 AM - 25 October, 2017
Quote:
I have a gaming hp omen windows 10 64 bit that runs serato badly with a vestax vci 400... Since vestax is away from this 32 64 bit game i probably might have to resale my computer cause latencymon encounter a few errors on my system that do not bring stability to audio processing... Same thing happens on traktor somehow the system is not avaiable to process audio...

is it possible to downgrade you operating system
DjSyndic8 4:36 AM - 27 February, 2018
FINALLY I can rest easy I was the DJ that bought this to Seratos attention and finally they have done it.... 64bit support thanks to everyone that supported this push I never thought it would happen to be honest I think serato only did this because of Rekordbox and how amazing it is being a 64bit software, also Serato knew they were limited incorporating new features with its outdated 32bit platform... they could not progress any further until they had made this change, so thank you serato for doing it and NO Thanks for not believing me when I pointed out that there was a large music database issue mainly because it was 32bit platform anyways we move on and we can close this chapter.
DJ Gue$$ 4:41 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
FINALLY I can rest easy I was the DJ that bought this to Seratos attention and finally they have done it.... 64bit support thanks to everyone that supported this push I never thought it would happen to be honest I think serato only did this because of Rekordbox and how amazing it is being a 64bit software, also Serato knew they were limited incorporating new features with its outdated 32bit platform... they could not progress any further until they had made this change, so thank you serato for doing it and NO Thanks for not believing me when I pointed out that there was a large music database issue mainly because it was 32bit platform anyways we move on and we can close this chapter.

Is this for real???
DjSyndic8 5:02 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

yer it only took 5 years ;/
Is this for real???
DJ Gue$$ 5:19 AM - 27 February, 2018
Well ill be. Lol
DjSyndic8 5:33 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Well ill be. Lol

Your welcome ;(
DjSyndic8 5:33 AM - 27 February, 2018
I just realized I posted this in the Serato DJ Intro section haha
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:40 AM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
I just realized I posted this in the Serato DJ Intro section haha

Haha, so you did - I never noticed!

Yes, you're right it's been a long time coming, and we're all super stoked we've finally taken the leap.

Cheers!
DJ TooHypE 5:36 AM - 28 February, 2018
Any plans for Serato Video version 2.0.0 32 Bit going to 64 Bit anytime soon?? I notice on my Activity Monitor
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:34 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Any plans for Serato Video version 2.0.0 32 Bit going to 64 Bit anytime soon?? I notice on my Activity Monitor

Yes, we do plan to make Serato Video 64-bit as well. Can't be specific about timing at this stage though.
DJ TooHypE 9:41 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, we do plan to make Serato Video 64-bit as well. Can't be specific about timing at this stage though.

Awesome!! Can I Beta test it?? I Beta SDJ & SDJ Pro. ;)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:47 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Awesome!! Can I Beta test it?? I Beta SDJ & SDJ Pro. ;)

Maybe ;)

It's early days so we haven't worked out the beta plan yet :)
DjSyndic8 2:09 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Maybe ;)

that's kiwi for we haven't started yet lol... its in the todo list
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:05 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe ;)

That's a very aussie thing to say :P

Work is starting very soon! Release date tbc.
DjSyndic8 4:04 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe ;)

That's a very aussie thing to say :P

Work is starting very soon! Release date tbc.

Niiice:)
DjSyndic8 9:58 AM - 7 November, 2022
wow visiting this thread brings a smile to my face also the hair loss I got for trying to fix my serato issues back then Bigups Serato:)
Suzen 2:52 PM - 14 April, 2023
[spam removed]
piya 2:44 PM - 24 September, 2023
[spam removed]